Walking Down The Halbeath Road

27 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

I’d be happy with Ashcroft coming in

Stop it min…….. that level of excitement isn’t good for an auld fart like me. 
Ash would be an amazing addition for us. Any long throws and corners that he gets onto will mostly go on target. He would lift the spirits of all inside EEP. 

Folk that watch their team every week and know how attritional football can be at times appreciate guys like Chris Kane. The embodiment of a team player.

He's never gonna win the Ballon d'Or but I'd take him into the trenches with me.

18 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Is the championship a step too far for Wighton these days

Being fully fit is a step too far for the laddie. If he’s not injured or carrying a niggle, and I’m sure others will disagree, but IMO he is a decent player for this level. He has looked off the pace for most of this season though. 

29 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Is the championship a step too far for Wighton these days

fully fit, no. but I don't know how often he gets the chance to get upto full fitness. christ when he was coming back into the team at start of last season he looked miles off it in league 1. Still a player there imo.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

fully fit, no. but I don't know how often he gets the chance to get upto full fitness. christ when he was coming back into the team at start of last season he looked miles off it in league 1. Still a player there imo.

If we manage to survive this season would you keep him on at EEP? 
I would, I think he has plenty to offer us if he gets and stays fully fit. Not sure if he could step up a league though, but to be fair I’ve not seen enough of him in full fitness to judge that. 

Just now, Parscelona said:

Sign a CM by Saturday, drop Chalmers and Allan and we might be on to something...

Courier article about signing Kane claims youre targeting a CB on loan.

12 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

Sign a CM by Saturday, drop Chalmers and Allan and we might be on to something...

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Courier article about signing Kane claims youre targeting a CB on loan.

Getting a CB in will free up Hamilton for midfield, that in itself would be a huge improvement for us. 

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Unfortunately I think McPake rather likes Chalmers in midfield and won't be dropping him if he could.

It would appear that way, but would he still if we had Hamilton available for the middle? 

26 minutes ago, Wacky said:

It would appear that way, but would he still if we had Hamilton available for the middle? 

Chalmers often started ahead of Hamilton last season.  

for me the key is Otoo.  Get him out of defence and into midfield and that’s a game changer.