Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

If Ashcroft was signing, we'd have it sorted by now no? I hope he's not the only target, I seriously hope there's another experienced defender available on loan. 

I just logged in to see if anyone knew the score with Ashcroft, reading this is depressing.
Still plenty time for this to happen today (I say that because Chris Kane signed around midday last Tuesday) 

Are we now at the "each game is a cup final" stage? You'd think 15 points should be enough for us to finish 8th, but given the nature of this league, that's not certain. What a pile of shite this has turned out to be. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If Ashcroft was signing, we'd have it sorted by now no? I hope he's not the only target, I seriously hope there's another experienced defender available on loan. 

Agree. Was never a good sign when it was announced they had agreed terms and Ashcroft had until end of month to sign. That's a sure sign player is holding out for another club to come in (and I wouldn't necessarily blame him) and it advertised to other teams he was easily available.

Given our position, potential signings have the advantage and if we want them, we need to pay a premium to secure them. The dynamic switches if we're pushing for promotion. 

Unless we're absolutely certain we can secure someone else that's just as good as Ashcroft, his offer should be increased with condition he signs within days. If he still refuses to sign, there was a good chance he was never going to sign and we'd at least know where we stand. I doubt we're talking life-changing money or sums that would cripple the club.

Club urgently needs at least one defender - can't continue to rely on Hamilton and Otoo trying to bail us out, whilst simultaneously weakening midfield options. As we seen at weekend, no defensive cover on the bench either.

Couldn't make Saturday as I was away on a stag do.

Was there improvement on the previous two weeks? Still not a great outcome but we scored a goal, picked up a point and didn't lose.

I'm quite an optimistic person normally but I now can't see where the next win comes from, one point from nine against Morton, Queens Park and Arbroath at home. Next three, Thistle and Inverness where our record is fairly pish and then Ayr at home who've beaten us already this season and seem to be doing well under Scott Brown.

Edited by The Toun Clock

59 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Unless we're absolutely certain we can secure someone else that's just as good as Ashcroft, his offer should be increased with condition he signs within days. If he still refuses to sign, there was a good chance he was never going to sign and we'd at least know where we stand. I doubt we're talking life-changing money or sums that would cripple the club.

That's not how the loan deal works? We've agreed terms with Dundee, it's not like we can then pay Ashcroft more on top of that. 

1 hour ago, AuldReekie said:

Agree. Was never a good sign when it was announced they had agreed terms and Ashcroft had until end of month to sign. That's a sure sign player is holding out for another club to come in (and I wouldn't necessarily blame him) and it advertised to other teams he was easily available.

Given our position, potential signings have the advantage and if we want them, we need to pay a premium to secure them. The dynamic switches if we're pushing for promotion. 

Club urgently needs at least one defender - can't continue to rely on Hamilton and Otoo trying to bail us out, whilst simultaneously weakening midfield options. As we seen at weekend, no defensive cover on the bench either.

We lost out on Wotherspoon for £100 a week. 
maybe Davie cook could have paid that out of his obscene salary ?

11 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

How obscene is it?

38 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That's not how the loan deal works? We've agreed terms with Dundee, it's not like we can then pay Ashcroft more on top of that. 

Ah. Fair enough. I thought we could opt to pay more than whatever the clubs had agreed.

44 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Seriously? £100? Where would I find information like this? 

26 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

I heard 160 thousand smackers 

Bollocks. If there is even an ounce of truth in this then we're fucked.

Edited by da_no_1

21 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Toon is a wee place, wacky. If you frequent certain establishments you may get snippets 

That’s mental, imagine loosing a player for the sake of £100. I’m sure if they asked the fans would have chipped in for the extra.