Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Rennieball said:

What a load of fucking pish - this Falkirk side is simply the best to play league one football since sevco.

I mean, it's entirely possible I suppose. Only being down for a season it's hard to gauge things like that, but when you've been jobbing about the seaside league for FIVE SEASONS I suppose you'll be in a much better position to compare yourselves with the likes of former winners Cove Rangers.

41 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I mean, it's entirely possible I suppose. Only being down for a season it's hard to gauge things like that, but when you've been jobbing about the seaside league for FIVE SEASONS I suppose you'll be in a much better position to compare yourselves with the likes of former winners Cove Rangers.

Snigger 🤭 

Falkirk fans should keep silent. We came down for one season, skelped them, and bounced straight back. Taken them 5 seasons to get out of a league clogged with posties and bit part personal trainers. An absolute minter tbh. 

16 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

The Otoo sub was wild and was rightly met with criticism. Now Otoo could have had a knock, been asking to come off etc but we’ll need to wait and see. If it was tactical then that would be enough for me to change my stay or go opinion on him. Otoo was easily our best player.

I've been defending McPake all season for a few reasons. He got so much right last season, his hands have been tied for most this season with all the injuries, and (this might be defeatist but) also if we dump him it's unlikely we'll get anyone drastically better as he's still far better than our last three appointments...

However I'd say Otoo was easily the best player for either team on Saturday, he was also the closest Pars player to score were it not for an excellent save. So if taking him off was tactical (which I think it was) then that is a huge red flag being hoisted up for me. 

Given he was shaking his head at the boos that decision got he obviously thought that it was the correct change to make. I'd really like to hear him justify it as it was a really bad move

Has there been any indication that the change was purely tactical?
My gut feeling is that, given McPake's referred to the fixture congestion in this spell, it was a move to give Otoo a period of rest. 

Not suggesting there wasn't a tactical tweak attempted, our shape obviously changed with the move and it didn't come off so it's totally right to question it either way, but I'm still inclined to think there was some forward thinking in there.
If that gut-feeling is wrong though, and the change was purely tactical, then it's as baffling as everyone suggests it is.

11 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Given he was shaking his head at the boos that decision got he obviously thought that it was the correct change to make. I'd really like to hear him justify it as it was a really bad move

I jus don't get what he was hoping to achieve with it, with the change what was he hoping would happen, what would improve us? 

Proper head loss of a decision that has made me concerned as f**k tbh. The McPake of last season is as good a manager we've had since McIntyre, however the past couple of months he's been far, far closer to Hughes with his bizarre decisions and poor subs and tactical changes. 

In the same way that a player might lose form it feels like McPake is doing the same. 

Initially people thought Otoo must've been injured. If not then it's a very odd sub for a number of reasons, mainly becase Otoo was our best player. Also, Chris Hamilton was already on a booking, if it was tactical Otoo could have played wherever Hammy was being asked to play. He takes Otoo off and Hammy remains on the park for another 20 mins where he could quite easily have picked up another yellow given the circumstances of the game. All of a sudden we've got no holding midfielders on the park.

I'm getting a wee bit fed up of the lack of transparency after games. The Rovers media guys asks a lot of questions about the team and I feel in our interviews a lot of the potential big questions get skimmed over. I'd like to see someone ask him about that sub, even ask what is up with Chris Kane.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Don't mind us struggling that much if there's some hope that things will change but under McPake I'm now doubting anything will change. 

First reason is the length of contracts he's dished out to players that won't improve. For example, Wighton, Mehmet, Chalmers, O'Halloran, Breen and Comrie will never get better now. Dare I say, I'm even doubting McCann will get better despite his age. He has so many games and looks worse than he did two years ago. We're now stuck with them and they are not good enough.

Second reason is his inability to sort out our attack. He struggled last year and it should've been the number one area to improve this year but he's made it worse. At least Todorov had a goal in him. He brought Jakubiak in and they guy simply can't finish. He's not a striker. It took the whole summer for McPake to come up with that option too. Kane does look good but again we can't keep him fit and on the park. It's not just the players we have up top either though. The attacking set-up just doesn't work.  Everybody plays as individuals and nobody is on the same wave length. Nobody anticipates in the box. Nobody busts a gut to get on to the end of crosses. Never many bodies in the box. Nothing has changed in two seasons. McPake I now believe doesn't have the ability to sort our attack out. 

We might stay up but if we do, I think next season we will be struggling again. Too much loyalty shown to players from winning league one has hamstrung us and a manager that doesn't know how to set a team up to score.

O'Halloran, Mehmet, and Chalmers are the three big ones I am disappointed with. All are contracted to at least 2025, and will be on good money. All three nowhere near good enough and causing a massive imbalance to the squad.

In an ideal world we shift those three on elsewhere and get a decent goalie in; one that doesn't make the centre halves brick it constantly. 

For those out of contract after this season, I'd only keep the young boys if the coaches think they can be useful in the future. Jakubiak is a weird one though. I think he would be brilliant fettle for a natural goal-scorer. We should have threw everything at getting Ruari Paton pre season IMO. But I wouldn't be rushing to keep him on. Another player that will be on good money. I believe Edwards is already signed up for next season? 

Another 8 points should be enough to survive, but you struggle to see where the next win is coming from. Getting Bene and KRH back will help, but I do fear where we are heading as a whole at the moment. Doesn't seem to be any direction or clear vision. The losses posted in the figures are really worrying also. Roll on Friday! 

Edited by DAFC.

3 hours ago, HoBNob said:

In the same way that a player might lose form it feels like McPake is doing the same. 

That is probably fair comment,  Is it possible to have a 'confidence' manager in much the same way as a confidence player? He's gone from believing we can win games a 3-0 down to completely losing heart at 1-0

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

That is probably fair comment,  Is it possible to have a 'confidence' manager in much the same way as a confidence player? He's gone from believing we can win games a 3-0 down to completely losing heart at 1-0

That's a good point actually. Whenever I see us go a goal down this season, you just get a sinking feeling and don't expect anything good to come out of the match. Last season we were throwing the kitchen sink at everything, albeit in a lower division, but that mentality should still be there.

Also, I've lost count the amount of corners and long throws we've had the past 5 or so games, and not looked threatening from a single one. 

Well lads, the incident at East End we were told the laddies had nothing to do with Northwest and “not Pars fans”.

Unfortunately I doubt you can deny this or deflect away from any of this. 

Sent to me tonight by someone who works at the club. Thanks for the thousands of pounds worth of damage on top of the 12 points!7eda621e-5ce9-42fd-a9f9-95d56202d13d.thumb.jpeg.82a306da11234de5d08fc644b0a0e524.jpege8f29fd4-ba92-425f-84d5-8d7288545c8b.thumb.jpeg.b98204272b8ea660bde6d3108518f366.jpeg965bed35-13b3-4acb-9371-a97289203457.thumb.jpeg.db9afc4dbdec4e532fd75823fb4ccbe1.jpeg4a92c2cb-ee9d-4c4e-a59b-eefe1b039903.thumb.jpeg.76ff77b35544d85c2e95d1dd468edb24.jpeg8d162b8f-b98c-4c13-8f2e-e2cda4b08207.thumb.jpeg.011bc97064f3fb6e4917e33430ca59fe.jpeg7eda621e-5ce9-42fd-a9f9-95d56202d13d.thumb.jpeg.82a306da11234de5d08fc644b0a0e524.jpega4813a9a-8826-44ad-a2cd-daf59872aa46.thumb.jpeg.2621563ad9c842e24cb75e843698b2da.jpeg8e48bcbe-186d-44e3-9947-536e6679a32a.thumb.jpeg.c0506186ced48d51c807a0fdd6d65282.jpegec94da6a-63e3-491a-b8ab-24383cf4c810.thumb.jpeg.aa1655f4abb11b72aa7763b16be9d7f2.jpeg2a984500-bf5c-4f81-96ad-5f56fdec9a86.thumb.jpeg.17b86ff7507b74c298ed86048134ef18.jpeg8f312523-5b80-41b5-b618-5c21d7754418.thumb.jpeg.66ea7168a652242f07a571bc634481cb.jpeg169fecfa-b1b1-44e0-b95d-968d982b7db3.thumb.jpeg.04f20ec096234d0c0600e2239b317745.jpeg

888f3b14-61c1-45c4-8245-53c22cde2ac4.jpeg

9 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Well lads, the incident at East End we were told the laddies had nothing to do with Northwest and “not Pars fans”.

Unfortunately I doubt you can deny this or deflect away from any of this. 

What on earth are you on about?