Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

I’d recommend reaching out to someone like Drew Main, if your dad is wanting/fit enough to attend a game. I’m sure Drew would make sure that the club go above and beyond to make sure he’s well looked after and it’s a great day for him. We also have an accessibility officer (or similar title), who I’m sure could also help, but can’t remember his name right now.

Really hope you can get him along to a game at some point and it can be a really special occasion for you both!

This.

Just to add, the work that the DADSC do on match day cannot be undervalued. My dad had real reservations about going back to the football after covid (his mobility wasn't great due to rheumatoid arthritis & other things) but we persuaded him to give it a try. The buddies on the platforms (all volunteers) do an outstanding job & he got to see another season and a half (and another league title win) that we never thought he'd see in the flesh. I'll never forget how welcome they made him feel & he made a few new friends down there. We also had a collection at the funeral & raised a wee bit of cash for the disabled lift fund.

51 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

They should go with a 4 here. Use it as an attacking exercise. Get KRH up and running at them without all the defensive duties on the right. 

Give Sutherland more time too and maybe one or two others like Tod.

I think it's certainly something that needs to change for home games especially. All too often last season it felt pedestrian starting games and it allowed the away side to get comfortable and often led to a pretty boring match. 

I don't think the fans will be too happy if it's more of the same and inevitably it will lead to a more toxic atmosphere if we are passing the ball around the back 3 endlessly with no real intent.

I hope that with the addition of Wotherspoon and Kane here permanently we'll see more of an attacking threat from the off if they stay fit. I was really pleased for McCann who I thought played well on Saturday, albeit against league 2 opposition. 

Any chance a goalkeeper is brought in before the game tonight? 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Give Sutherland more time too and maybe one or two others like Tod.

With all due respect to Forfar, I think this is a game where McPake should be braver and try using a few more of the young lads, especially Taylor who has impressed us all with his performances so far. 

18 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

I think it's certainly something that needs to change for home games especially. All too often last season it felt pedestrian starting games and it allowed the away side to get comfortable and often led to a pretty boring match. 

I don't think the fans will be too happy if it's more of the same and inevitably it will lead to a more toxic atmosphere if we are passing the ball around the back 3 endlessly with no real intent.

I hope that with the addition of Wotherspoon and Kane here permanently we'll see more of an attacking threat from the off if they stay fit. I was really pleased for McCann who I thought played well on Saturday, albeit against league 2 opposition. 

Any chance a goalkeeper is brought in before the game tonight? 

You'd certainly like to think they recognize that getting our best players on the ball is what is going to make things happen - and that's midfielders and attacking midfielders. And I'm also hoping these same players are going to show for the ball more and be braver - it's always easy to blame the defence but for a large part of last season, midfield and attack were very static and in a lot of cases, hiding. Chalmers has loads of critics but he at least always showed for the ball and often, had little options looking to take the ball from him. This has to be better and we certainly have the players that have the energy and ability to take the ball. We absolutely could do with a really good centre half coming in though.

5 minutes ago, Wacky said:

With all due respect to Forfar, I think this is a game where McPake should be braver and try using a few more of the young lads, especially Taylor who has impressed us all with his performances so far. 

Aside from Taylor Sutherland, I'm the opposite. As we try and build momentum into the season, this is a good opportunity to try and get the game put to bed early, give senior players a reasonably low stress workout and introduce young team carefully through the second half. Need to be careful we don't put too much pressure on young team and help them build their game time slowly. Would be an absolute disaster if tonight's game become an issue and put more pressure on the Livi and Cove games. Sutherland might be the exception.

19 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

You'd certainly like to think they recognize that getting our best players on the ball is what is going to make things happen - and that's midfielders and attacking midfielders. And I'm also hoping these same players are going to show for the ball more and be braver - it's always easy to blame the defence but for a large part of last season, midfield and attack were very static and in a lot of cases, hiding. Chalmers has loads of critics but he at least always showed for the ball and often, had little options looking to take the ball from him. This has to be better and we certainly have the players that have the energy and ability to take the ball. We absolutely could do with a really good centre half coming in though.

Aside from Taylor Sutherland, I'm the opposite. As we try and build momentum into the season, this is a good opportunity to try and get the game put to bed early, give senior players a reasonably low stress workout and introduce young team carefully through the second half. Need to be careful we don't put too much pressure on young team and help them build their game time slowly. Would be an absolute disaster if tonight's game become an issue and put more pressure on the Livi and Cove games. Sutherland might be the exception.

I get your point and it’s a fair one IMO. But given the lack of depth in our squad I think we should be mixing it up as much as possible for the get go, especially when we are getting injures right now. I think it’s the ideal time to get the young lads past any possible starting jitters they may have. I suppose there’s arguments for and against this though. I wouldn’t be surprised to see our strongest 11 start tonight, but would be chuffed to see some young talent start. 

I fully expect the younger lads to get involved today, but imo shouldn't be chucking them into a starting line-up when it's not immediately necessary. Ultimately as AuldReekie said, don't want to put too much pressure on too early. 

Ideally, we could get ourselves into a more comfortable position a bit earlier than we did against The Spartans and give them some more minutes than previous... feels like that's tempting fate a bit though. 

The most important thing is the win. With the improved prize pool in the comp as well it'd be really good to get a spot in the knockouts. As I recall the club mentioned a desire to do this in one of the recent fan meetings so a good "professional performance" would go down nicely.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Onto the football, we’re back in action tonight - at home to Forfar. Hopefully we’ll see more of the youngsters who have impressed so far.

Looks like another game with no sub keeper. It’s inexcusable at this stage. They will have known for months that Little was leaving, so had plenty time to identify targets. Really frustrating that we’re struggling to put together a defence as well and are likely to have Hamilton there again.

Agreed, they've fucked up hugely here with the keeper situation. No excuses.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the story with the Pars youth setup now that you don't have a teenage goalkeeper who can sit on the bench? 

Is it like the Rovers where your youth system is technically a different entity? I was under the impression that leaving Fife Elite and building the new training facilities were all based around a fully integrated youth setup? 

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the story with the Pars youth setup now that you don't have a teenage goalkeeper who can sit on the bench? 

Is it like the Rovers where your youth system is technically a different entity? I was under the impression that leaving Fife Elite and building the new training facilities were all based around a fully integrated youth setup? 

No idea why the young guy from 18s couldn't be on bench. 

Totally different to Raith situation.

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Our youth keeper is Thomas Margetts, very high hopes for him (might be a youth Internationalist?) but he's only 15.

Just now, HoBNob said:

Our youth keeper is Thomas Margetts, very high hopes for him (might be a youth Internationalist?) but he's only 15.

Didn't realise he was that young.

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

Maybe there are age restrictions on the competition. 

Still a wee surprised that you've only got one goalkeeper over the age of 15, but I suppose padding out the bench for the U18s isn't high up on anyone's agenda. 

18 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

You support Raith, we understand.

Assuming Breen is out the team should be:

Mehmet

Comrie Bene Fisher Ngwenya

KRH Hamilton Otoo Wotherspoon 

Kane McCann

In reality I'll be amazed if it isn't the same team as Saturday but swap Bene for Breen. 

Agree with going about this with real intent and then hopefully being able to get the young lads on early. 

9 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’d recommend reaching out to someone like Drew Main, if your dad is wanting/fit enough to attend a game. I’m sure Drew would make sure that the club go above and beyond to make sure he’s well looked after and it’s a great day for him. We also have an accessibility officer (or similar title), who I’m sure could also help, but can’t remember his name right now.

Really hope you can get him along to a game at some point and it can be a really special occasion for you both!

Yeah, Drew is a good shout. I also know a couple of guys associated with the DADSC. We'll get something sorted out.