Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

You mean are they covered by loans? Then no. They have a Convertible Loan Note they can exercise which turns their cash, to this point, covering all our debts into shares in the football club. But yes it’s not sustainable.

Thanks 

3 hours ago, 101 said:

You mean are they covered by loans? Then no. They have a Convertible Loan Note they can exercise which turns their cash, to this point, covering all our debts into shares in the football club. But yes it’s not sustainable.

If converted, how much of the club would they own? And is EEP separate or part of that?

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

If converted, how much of the club would they own? And is EEP separate or part of that?

80% , or at least at the current public deal, if further funds are put in I'd think they'd want more percentage but to all intents they'd have full ownership anyway. EEP is owned separately by pars united(EEP) however dafc fussball  have also purchased 25-50% of shares in that company.  The CIC which PST are the biggest shareholder of hold A shares in EEP that are worth 25% of voting rights but don't allow them to share in any dividend.

Thanks. That’s complicated. I suppose I’m asking what the risk is of Fussball lot deciding to cut and run by selling EEP, but looks less likely based on what you say. 

Don’t understand the Pars fans that want to give McPake more time.

3 points above relegation playoff spot last season. Has shown numerous times he’s tactically inferior to others managers in the division. Embarrassing league cup results, all whilst playing honking negative football.

The first 11 of the squad is competitive enough to be decent in the championship. I just hope you’ve still got him by the time we play in September.

2 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

3 points above relegation playoff spot last season. Has shown numerous times he’s tactically inferior to others managers in the division. Embarrassing league cup results, all whilst playing honking negative football.

The first 11 of the squad is competitive enough to be decent in the championship. I just hope you’ve still got him by the time we play in September.

The owners not backing him is taking some heat away from him. I do agree that I think he's not a very good manager. He doesn't have a clue how to set up in the final 3rd. We've been honking in attacking areas from the day he arrived and he's not managed to change it.

I do wonder how much input Meggle has on the way we play though. 

We have had our lean times too, Gary Locke, Yogi et al.....but you guys seem to be in free fall!! ,..........................................................................................Just remember.....keep on doin whit you are doin.......n ye'll keep on gettin whit ye are gettin!! Something?one must change!! All the best!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

5 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I do,hes doing a fine job

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Benedictus isn't a coach. Does he even has coaching badges? Would he even want to do the job? That would be a terrible appointment if it came to pass (which it won't).

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Benedictus isn't a coach. Does he even has coaching badges?

I'm sure we would perform our due diligence to make sure he does before announcing the appointment.

29 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If he goes, it's Bene player manager. It's absolutely that happening, I can't imagine the owners want to splash cash on anyone else coming on. 

Put your money on Robbie Neilson.

Edited by North West

1 hour ago, North West said:

Put your monry on Robbie Neilson.

That would be a great appointment. 

Edited by kdypar

James McPake is a passionate and honest guy from my experience at supporters communication sessions. He would talk for hours about football. He talks about continually enhancing his own knowledge about the game. A likeable guy and I'm still backing him for now. 

Just now, North West said:

James McPake is a passionate and honest guy from my experience at supporters communication sessions. He would talk for hours about football. He talks about continually enhancing his own knowledge about the game. A likeable guy and I'm still backing him for now. 

Well colour me amazed.

6 minutes ago, North West said:

James McPake^

6 hours ago, StuartA said:

Thanks. That’s complicated. I suppose I’m asking what the risk is of Fussball lot deciding to cut and run by selling EEP, but looks less likely based on what you say. 

It's virtually impossible for them to do that, even if EEP was sold under the terms of our lease a new stadium must be built within the town.  I'm far more worried about what happens if they stick around and things go down the current path than if they cut and run, cut and run basically leaves us with a clean slate baring a maybe a 5 figure sum of the payments that we already pay towards the lease of EEP heading there way.

6 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Mcpake gets a lot of  relief due to board room anger which he makes hints he shares.  He is undoubtedly underperforming as are most players but the main anger is being placed at the board. That won't last forever and the levels of anger will increase toward him and the team.

I watched your game yesterday and although cove where playing defensive and looking to counter, you didn't have any idea how to actually break them down. Any semblance of a chance you got was wasted until Sutherland, who was a bright spark, came on. Playing hosler at lw was a terrible decision due to him just wanting to cut in as soon as he got the ball. From what iv seen of him, he looks good when he gets the ball and can have a go at players so playing him lw completely halted that aspect of his game. Ngwenya didn't really do anything other than look pretty terrible behind him either. Fisher and bene looked alot better than breen and bene did. Fisher obviously has a bit more pace and was more able to step out to win the ball. Ohalloran seemed adamant he could take two men on down the line everytime he got the ball and wasted your best chance from a free kick as well as a great chance from a header at the end of the first half. He looks done. Wighton worked hard but showed little to suggest he's actually better than Sutherland imo. Andy Todd Jr didn't look remotely capable of playing championship football either. Mehmet was his hilariously bad self. 

I think there's a fine line between it being a lack of ability with some of the players you have and just bad tactics. Hosler at lw is just crazy when he's clearly one of the bright sparks you have. Not having an actual lw is obviously the issue there though. Am I correct that mcpake said you will only be signing another 'keeper? 

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It's virtually impossible for them to do that, even if EEP was sold under the terms of our lease a new stadium must be built within the town.  I'm far more worried about what happens if they stick around and things go down the current path than if they cut and run, cut and run basically leaves us with a clean slate baring a maybe a 5 figure sum of the payments that we already pay towards the lease of EEP heading there way.

Cheers. Get rid and go for fan ownership. Far from a panacea but at least it’s in your own hands.