Walking Down The Halbeath Road

We had a January transfer window in which we signed 3 players. Only one of whom started in the play-off final. Who says that Jefferies won't make a similar mess in the summer? Another season in this league where we should be dominant will be better for the development of players such as Williamson and Martin than an season in which they are getting pumped week in week out with the Pars support on their back.

It's not like we would have a massive overhaul of players anyway. Of the starting 11 that played Cowdenbeath on Sunday I would say only Scully, Grainger, Geggan and Falkingham are good enough for Championship level. The rest aren't fully developed yet or not good enough (Thomson for one).

I can't remember too many complaints when Jefferies signed Forbes and Grainger. In fact, most fans were wanking themselves into a frenzy.

In regards to the Pars support being on the players backs, well that's debatable. You could argue that there is more pressure on them next season as there is an expectancy on them to win the league, whereas in the Championship there would be less pressure.

Changes would have been required had we gone up this season, as the majority our team aren't good enough. However the same will apply to next season if we do win the league as most of the younger players will be lucky to play above 2nd Division level. Yes it would be good to see a crop of great young players coming through the ranks like at other clubs such as Falkirk, yet the truth is that our crop just aren't very good and another season in the 2nd Division will not help that.

I can't remember too many complaints when Jefferies signed Forbes and Grainger. In fact, most fans were wanking themselves into a frenzy.

In regards to the Pars support being on the players backs, well that's debatable. You could argue that there is more pressure on them next season as there is an expectancy on them to win the league, whereas in the Championship there would be less pressure.

Changes would have been required had we gone up this season, as the majority our team aren't good enough. However the same will apply to next season if we do win the league as most of the younger players will be lucky to play above 2nd Division level. Yes it would be good to see a crop of great young players coming through the ranks like at other clubs such as Falkirk, yet the truth is that our crop just aren't very good and another season in the 2nd Division will not help that.

I agree that most fans were wanking themselves into a frenzy about Forbes and Grainger but as the season has progressed Forbes has shown himself to be a waste of a signing and we could have used the money we spent on his wages to keep Stephen Husband.

If we are losing week in week out like we were in the SPL for example there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the supporters would be on the backs of the players as a good proportion of Dunfermline supporters are absolute morons who expect us to win comfortably most weeks no matter what level we're at.

Yes, there will be a high expectancy level next season as we are the best team in an absolutely brutal league without being particularly good ourselves and anything other than winning the league has to be regarded as a failure.

We simply don't have the money to do a mass overhaul and another year at this level to ascertain whether or not the young players are good enough or we should cut them loose isn't necessarily a bad thing. The Championship will only lose 1 at most 2 of the bigger clubs in the coming season, we just need to make sure we are there for 2015/16.

Yes its obvious we are where we deserve to be, however the point about us not going up as being some sort of a blessing is a lot of bollocks though.

Agreed. So what if we got pumped most weeks? That's football. If we don't want to get to up just because people are shitting it at the thought of taking some beatings, then they miss the point of football and appear to be a bit spineless.

Being in this league is not preferable. We're missing out on a lot of money we could really use and plenty of exciting games with Hearts, Hibs, Rovers and Falkirk. If you can honestly say you'd prefer playing Brechin City and Forfar Athletic then you must be a better man than me.

As Rob said though, there is no point in going over it again though. We fully deserve to be exactly where we are and just have to make the best of it and learn from our mistakes this season. Roll on June 18th.

I'm not for putting a positive spin on being in League 1 next season, Anybody who thinks it's better where we are is kidding themselves on. That being said, we are where we are. Dust ourselves down, go again and try our utmost to win it outright this coming season.

If you are happy with us in this league, playing Peterhead and Stirling Albion, you deserve a right good kick to the balls.

In terms of our fans getting on the players backs, it never considerably happened throughout the season. Boos or jeers when we lost games to absolute diddies like East Fife were minute. This season the fans aren't going to be as forgiving. Those players have to deliver and, if they don't, expect a backlash.

I don't think any one is thinking it is better to be in league One, just that it's not all bad and there are areas where it might be better, particularly in being able to continue with a few of the younger players who would really struggle a level up. Martin and Williamson being two stick outs in that respect.

To miss out on being part of the freak show that is next year's championship is gutting, but it's not all doom and gloom. Plus, I've never been to Peterhead before so that's another One to wipe off the list!

We had a January transfer window in which we signed 3 players. Only one of whom started in the play-off final. Who says that Jefferies won't make a similar mess in the summer? Another season in this league where we should be dominant will be better for the development of players such as Williamson and Martin than an season in which they are getting pumped week in week out with the Pars support on their back.

It's not like we would have a massive overhaul of players anyway. Of the starting 11 that played Cowdenbeath on Sunday I would say only Scully, Grainger, Geggan and Falkingham are good enough for Championship level. The rest aren't fully developed yet or not good enough (Thomson for one).

Aye and you gave us a young lad (Thomson) who scored 7 in 12 games for us.

Ferguson too has been doing pretty well also.

thanks

Aye and you gave us a young lad (Thomson) who scored 7 in 12 games for us.

Ferguson too has been doing pretty well also.

thanks

Terrible footballers. Brechin's about their level.

Though that hadn't been confirmed.

We are playing Berwick away on Saturday 19th July though.

Chance to play young players on the Saturday, and use the Sunday for anyone who doesn't play the day before? Edited by parsforlife

Depends who we play in the home friendly as whether or not I attend. More likely to go through to Edinburgh tbh as it'll probably be the usual shite. Scottish Premier/ Championship sides.