Walking Down The Halbeath Road

What a bunch of drama queens, bleating on about "how shite this league is". You realise how ridiculously arrogant you look to fans of every other team above & around us. No wonder we're despised so much.

How is it arrogant? We're pish too. Anyone who thinks this league is anything other than shite needs their head looking at.

What a bunch of drama queens, bleating on about "how shite this league is". You realise how ridiculously arrogant you look to fans of every other team above & around us. No wonder we're despised so much.

How am I arrogant? We are fucking shite along with them. In fact, I still can't get how we're above Airdrie and Peterhead.

This league is pish.

Might the best thing for him to just knock it on the head for a while. Look at Bell - just walked away from football then after a couple of years felt he might be strong enough to get back into having a kickabout and eventually found he could play again if he just took things at his own pace.

Now sitting 6th after tonight. I think we deserve to be sitting 6th/7th at the end of the season in all fairness.

What would Pars fans opinions be about Darren Young as manager next season? Seems to have worked wonders at Albion Rovers on a very low budget, possibly in the lowest of League 2 but looks to have done a Stevie Aitken and all the signs are there that the Wee Vers are likely going to be title champions. Young also played with the Pars before in 3 cup finals and in Europe twice so obviously has done it all with the club. Maybe worth consideration if he wins them the league or they get through the play-offs?

Really don't know who to get for our budget. Would like Derek Adams or similar but would they come and can we afford it?

Can't think of the last time where I thought we looked like a proper organised well drilled side. Maybe under McIntyre?

Really how hard can it be to work with a full time side and get them well organised? Seems like it's beyond the players or the staff can't seem to get it sorted. We look like the part time side at the important parts of the game and it's really baffling tbh. Ok we had to throw the youngsters in but not one of them seems to have improved their weaknesses in three years.

Would love us to pick up someone with a track record of improving young players and getting sides organised quickly. If we can't afford the likes of Adams then Bollan would be my first choice then maybe Young. Bit of a gamble though. IMO with more resources Bollan would get us up.

Lowest in league two? I'll be shocked if it isn't the highest.

Gemmel and McGuigan are in good.enough wages while I'd imagine Darren Young himself won't be cheap.

He's beating what is an extremely poor second division, his closest challengers are an imploding Arbroath and an amateur Queens Park. Sheerin won that division and he's a shocking manager.

If we were to get another manager I'd take Allan Johnston, took over a Queen of the South side who were really underachieving and pissed all over this division playing good football, he would be the perfect choice.

Lowest in league two? I'll be shocked if it isn't the highest.

Gemmel and McGuigan are in good.enough wages while I'd imagine Darren Young himself won't be cheap.

He's beating what is an extremely poor second division, his closest challengers are an imploding Arbroath and an amateur Queens Park. Sheerin won that division and he's a shocking manager.

If we were to get another manager I'd take Allan Johnston, took over a Queen of the South side who were really underachieving and pissed all over this division playing good football, he would be the perfect choice.

He would definitely be my first choice, but I'm trying to keep wages and affordability in mind. I suppose, though, when managers have been out of jobs for a while, they will take something that suits them, even if he would be on less than at Kilmarnock or QoS from a couple of seasons ago.

Good call on AJ.

Adams, AJ, Bollan. We should approach them as soon as we can't get into the playoffs.

The board are doing a great job but need to show their teeth a little when it comes to Potter and McCann.

I'm not comfortable with McCann working for Sky on match days. It's all a bit shambolic. He was brought in by JJ as a favour. He and Potter don't have it and need to go if we don't go up. So need to go basically.

Tbh none of the mentioned names excite me, all have as much failure to their names as they do success barring young who hasn't been about very long.

Particularly don't see the appeal of Adams, heavily reliant on working with his father, well known arse and despite mcgregors cash hasn't always made county a success. I'm doubtful he'll be comfortable outside of his little bubble he had going. Not sure how bringing in a bully is suitable for ambitions of bringing on young players works either.

Feel we need to see potter as first choice and only come to discuss other options if we decide at the end of the season he has not been successful enough to stay on.

" Can't think of the last time where I thought we looked like a proper organised well drilled side."

It was last season under Jefferies. Surprised you don't remember. It wasn't that long ago.

" I'm not comfortable with McCann working for Sky on match days. It's all a bit shambolic."

Moronic garbage. What exactly is the issue? And why is it no one thought it was such an issue last season when we won most games?

We didn't look organised last season imo. Far too soft and losing daft goals.

Getting pumped by Cowdenfuckingbeath isn't organised.

Yup, one game is entirely representative of the whole of last season.

I'm calling it; you don't go to games. You just make up utter fantasty bullshit.

Sorry to intrude, but the Neil McCann issue winds me up, and I really shouldn't care less. He turns up halfway through games because he's been away chatting shite on the telly during the Edinburgh derby? I find that really disrespectful, to the players and to the club. The man's got to make a living, but pick one or the other. Either you're a television pundit, or you're an assistant manager at a professional football club. There's nothing to stop him only doing Friday night or Sunday games, but he seems intent on having his cake and eating it too. That's fine if you're sitting pretty at the top of the league, but when you're seriously underachieving, get yourself off my fucking telly and down to Stair Park to get your team prepped for winning three points.

I was told a totally unsubstantiated story a few weeks back, that one of the Under 20s players at the Pars (I'm not protecting his anonymity, I can't remember his name!) was subject to some sort of disciplinary action. McCann had been told the lad had been out two nights before a game (as in, the night before last, not two nights consecutively) and had started to bitch him out in front of the other players, and the youth fella spat back that there was some cheek coming from a guy who only rocks up to matches at half time. It's hard to argue.

Nah it’s a totally nonsense issue. The assistant manager does the vast majority of his work during the week. McCann is at training every day they have it, and does plenty of other stuff assistant managers need to do during the week.

Will the players play better if he was there every single match for all of it? What will he add? Just to reiterate what the manager says? The preparation for matches is done during the week.

This is just something people are now finding fault with because we’re shite. It wasn’t an issue last season. It’s just something for idiots to lash out at.

Nah it’s a totally nonsense issue. The assistant manager does the vast majority of his work during the week. McCann is at training every day they have it, and does plenty of other stuff assistant managers need to do during the week.

Will the players play better if he was there every single match for all of it? What will he add? Just to reiterate what the manager says? The preparation for matches is done during the week.

This is just something people are now finding fault with because we’re shite. It wasn’t an issue last season. It’s just something for idiots to lash out at.

You would hope that he doesn't have to use the Dunfermline game highlights to see how the team have played. If he did, I am sure he would think that you guys had 99% of the ball and the only time the opponents had it, they scored. :lol:

On a more serious note, I agree with you here. Dunfermline are not doing shit due to McCann's Sky work, I would question the training methods that result in a full-time team not being visibly fitter or more tactically astute.

It's just symptomatic of us, like someone said what kind of an example is it setting when he's not there?

The full time training is not working and we need all the help we can get, not someone who has two jobs.

Pretty sure people did point this out last season.

Anyway it's not all about McCann he's just one part of the problem. Entire setup is shite.

It's just symptomatic of us, like someone said what kind of an example is it setting when he's not there?

The full time training is not working and we need all the help we can get, not someone who has two jobs.

Pretty sure people did point this out last season.

Anyway it's not all about McCann he's just one part of the problem. Entire setup is shite.

He's not there for about a couple of hours out of the entire week. Big fucking deal. He is at training all the time. His job does not effect that.

Will you try and claim I am 'sweeping things under the carpet' again? Or try to make this look like I think nothing is wrong? Or try to make it look like I think performances and results are fine?