Walking Down The Halbeath Road

How much do you boys think Faisaal is worth?

About £50k at most. This is based on the fact that he's now in his 3rd season with us and has only just started showing ability and form and that he is out of contract next summer.

About £50k at most. This is based on the fact that he's now in his 3rd season with us and has only just started showing ability and form and that he is out of contract next summer.

Chances are we'd get not much less than 50k in compo at the end of the season, so why would we accept 50k now?

As has already been mentioned we're not perilously short of cash so we don't need that 50k now.

Also keeping in mind that he's proving to be a reasonably key figure this season.

His figure to us outweighs his actual "worth".

For us to consider I'd imagine the board would want more than what they'd get via a tribunal, probably a sum verging on six figures with sell ons.

Not going to disagree with that. The evidence is there so far this season.

Trying to think that way at the time thought would have been relatively unimaginable though.

I'm not saying my memories of that day are the same as everyone's else, I was in another country with an extremely busy time at work. Wasn't as much as an issue.

And at the time I thought we were going to win the title next year.

50K :huh:

People think I know nothing about football...

edit- I also wasn't humiliated after the Cowden game. Very surprised and disappointed as I fully expected we would win the game but we played so badly that it was gallows humour time for me. As Grant said, was assuming we'd win the title the next season fairly comfortably.

Finishing 7th last year, THAT was humiliating. Worst league I've ever seen and we don't even get a play-off spot? Ooft. I was far more embarrassed scraping a draw at Stirling Albion than getting pumped off Stewart and Hemmings.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

Why do people think a player, in the 3rd tier of Scottish football, who is now in his 3rd year with us and has only just started showing any sort of form and who less than a year to run on his contract would be worth anything more than £50k?

What do people think he is worth then?

I really really didn't like the "we won't sell him until we get promoted line"

Surely that would give us more capability to keep a hold of him as well as giving him more reason to stay? :unsure2:

Any news of some sexy deadline deals or will we just sporadically pick up freebies over the next couple of months.

Please don't leave fez, ever. :bairn

Why do people think a player, in the 3rd tier of Scottish football, who is now in his 3rd year with us and has only just started showing any sort of form and who less than a year to run on his contract would be worth anything more than £50k?

Averaging more than a goal a game, at 22, at a club that does not want to sell him, in today's inflated transfer market?

A little bit more than £50k

I already gave a valuation along with reasons as to why he wouldn't go for 50k, hth.

He's worth more than that, i reckon we'd have a chance of getting about 30k in delevepment fees, and the reduced chances of promotion is not worth £20k.

Its not what other clubs are willing to pay, its his value to us, to us i reckon nothing less than £100k would make it worth our time, if nobody is willing to pay that then no sale, its not complicated.

Chances are we'd get not much less than 50k in compo at the end of the season, so why would we accept 50k now?

As has already been mentioned we're not perilously short of cash so we don't need that 50k now.

Also keeping in mind that he's proving to be a reasonably key figure this season.

His figure to us outweighs his actual "worth".

For us to consider I'd imagine the board would want more than what they'd get via a tribunal, probably a sum verging on six figures with sell ons.

I'm not saying my memories of that day are the same as everyone's else, I was in another country with an extremely busy time at work. Wasn't as much as an issue.

And at the time I thought we were going to win the title next year.

Won't he be a free agent at the end of the season and can sign for anyone then with no compensation or fee as his 23rd birthday is during this season?

A young player who has improved season on season with several clubs interested? A guy who has scored 12 in eight games? I'd ignore any offer below six figures for a start. He's just far more valuable to us in the team.

Won't he be a free agent at the end of the season and can sign for anyone then with no compensation or fee as his 23rd birthday is during this season?

They do it by "23 before xx/xx/xxxx" Can't remember the exact date, but there's a rule in place to prevent that.