Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not including Alan Johnstone ?

Up before the beaks this week with Nish.

Nope. Just Nish that is.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/03/22/cowdenbeath-boss-colin-nish-facing-touchline-ban-following-fife-derby/

For what it's worth, I think it's ridiculous that Nish could get a ban for that. Finnie put in the worst refereeing display I've seen, since a young Willie Collum officiated a Dunfermline v Inverness tie around 10 years ago. Nish, Dair & AJ were seemingly all sent to the stand for daring to question his decisions, many of which were baffling at best. Referees need a degree of arrogance to be able to handle games. However, Finnie's arrogance is totally excessive and means he loses control of games as he is too focused on being the centre of attention, rather than doing his job properly.

I noticed Bollan praising Charleston post-match for explaining his decision to him at full time. If more referees were willing to have mature discussions with captains/managers, a lot of these issues could be avoided. Admittedly, this would require said captains/managers to show a lot more maturity than they often do nowadays.

I'd take Gavin Gunning on a free transfer tbh. I like his attitude.

We'll probably be looking for new CB's so someone bold and decisive like that could do a job for us. After having BRE I don't want to see us going back to boring centre backs. 

Lewis Martin is the latest to put pen to paper.

Aye just seen that. Good stuff. I'd imagine 2 years like the others.

Without wishing to sound negative, I hope the club have put relegation clauses in the contracts. I don't think we will be relegated next season (I predict a fairly comfortable mid table finish), but it would be prudent.

Pleased with that - we knew he was turning into a decent centre back but his stint at left back worked really well. Like Williamson he looks totally at ease on the ball in attacking positions and has good pace and timing in tackles.

Don't know where all the negativity re Geggan has come from. He's had a poor season but I didn't think he was that bad?

Edited by smpar