Walking Down The Halbeath Road

As predicted, nice 40 quid lift today.

Two more Saturday's left to take the bookies cash courtesy of the Pars chucking it.

I got a nice wee win as well. Stranraer win and both teams to score was buying money.

Away to airdrie next week, should be another decent pay day.

Airdrie recently seem to have chucked it just as much as us, with nothing to play for and most of there squad leaving I wouldn't go daft on your money.

Then on the last day we'll have Peterhead who will probably put out a weakened team with the playoffs imminent. No idea how that'll pan out.

Quite simply Byrne hasn't progressed in the 3 years he has been in the first team.

Every time there is a battle in midfield he goes missing as this was evident to even Allan Johnston in the first match at Peterhead this season when he hooked Byrne after half an hour. Of course Falkingham giving away a penalty minutes after coming on didn't help but my point remains.

Airdrie recently seem to have chucked it just as much as us, with nothing to play for and most of there squad leaving I wouldn't go daft on your money.

Then on the last day we'll have Peterhead who will probably put out a weakened team with the playoffs imminent. No idea how that'll pan out.

Airdrie can still mathematically make the playoffs, they do have to win their last two games and hope both Albion Rovers and Stranraer lose theirs though.

I like Hopkirk but I also worry if he's good enough for the Championship or even if he'll get into the first team. He'll definitely need to improve over the summer if he wants to make more of an impact.

Shaun Byrne should be our first choice central midfielder right now. Instead he's behind Geggan, Falkingham and McCabe. I think his time is almost up.

Byrne is probably surplus to requirements now. Three players are ahead of him. Hopkirk signing on for another 2 years to mostly warm the bench. If we're able to keep Cardle and Paton or get players as good as them if they decide to leave, then I struggle to see how Hopkirk can get game time. He's been decent coming off from bench in games, but any time I've seen him starting he hasn't impressed.

A good player.

Odds on favourite to be target for the boo boys if things start to go wrong next season.

Thing is, though, as much as his form somewhat dipped quite a lot since the start of the season, I haven't really heard/seen him have a 'bad' game as such, just incredibly anonymous/bland.

If a player isn't leaving his defender 20 yards behind him or doing something fancy, he's perceived as bland?! He's been great this season and a huge reason why Fez is on 30 goals. Can even laugh at the miss at Brechin now.