Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Spence is the replacement for Josh. Saw him against Cowden for Brechin and have no fears about him being used. Better tactical discipline than Josh too. Geggan improved massively by listening to AJ and playing a tighter role whereas Josh, in his wholehearted style, would try and do too much and leave big gaps in midfield.

The two big guys Geggs and Nat, the terrier - Spence - and the silky one - McCabe. I think it's a decent balance of midfielders, especially given that AJ and Sandy Clark are more interested in end product rather than possession for the sake of it. We scored so many cracking goals last season from counter attacks - one simple pass to one of the front boys and they do all the hard work and with a couple more good strikers we should be in decent shape.

Edited by Shandon Par

You're not alone, I've seen nothing to suggest McCabe would do a better job at this level than Josh.

Got a good look a McCabe when we played Albion towards the end of the season. On the ball he's really composed but he will not work to get it back.

Feel we lack someone who can do both if Geggan isn't fit.

McCabe picked out a belter of a pass against Stenny away last season, the kind of vision and even technique that made my arsehole tingle a little by when I saw it on the highlights.

Still one of the very few decent things he did last season. I reckon he has potential to be a key player for us next season though.

Got a good look a McCabe when we played Albion towards the end of the season. On the ball he's really composed but he will not work to get it back.

Feel we lack someone who can do both if Geggan isn't fit.

Interestingly (or not) I remember saying to my Dad on that day at Cliftonhill after about the third time he'd tracked a midfield runner that the wide men and full backs couldn't get back to that McCabe was working a lot harder than I'd ever seen him and that he was clearly playing for a contract.

Interestingly (or not) I remember saying to my Dad on that day at Cliftonhill after about the third time he'd tracked a midfield runner that the wide men and full backs couldn't get back to that McCabe was working a lot harder than I'd ever seen him and that he was clearly playing for a contract.

I didn't realise any fans were sober for that game. 

I didn't realise any fans were sober for that game. 

I'm the same. Was too focused on not falling down the terracing and a blow up dolphin kept my mind occupied from the game too.

Thought the best midfielder was Albions Fisher. Big guy with beard.

Players were mostly on the beach so hard to say.