Breaking Bad

Kejan

he was released on bail when saul came to get him from the police station this season. that means he was processed.

also walter doesn't pick the gun up after jesse dropped it.

I stand corrected on both points, although I suppose prison wouldn't be too bad after what he has been through. Furthermore, if his confession tape was destroyed by the Nazis I'm not convinced that there is very much evidence to show Jesse's partnership in Walt's meth empire, or his involvement in Gale's murder, so any prison time he would be facing would probably be minimal. It would be clear that Walt fired the gun and would also be clear that Jesse has recently been held as a prisoner and regularly beaten/tortured, and he could also show via Marie that he was cooperating with Hank's investigation.

The only problem for Jesse is that the lawyer who could show him this has been disappeared, even if he was around he'd have no money to pay him, and his conscience would probably drive him to doing something incredibly stupid anyway.

Edited by The OP

I got up at 4.30 this morning to watch it before a 6am start.

What an ending to the greatest programme ever to grace tv. If I'm being honest, it panned out fairly like I thought it would. That didn't take anything away though.

Sublime. My only worry now, is what next? Where do we all go from here!

he would have some major explaining to do regarding hank and gomez. he has already confessed once so he might do so again.

i would have liked to get some closure on brock, with the family of drew sharp and also some sort of acknowledgment that lydia's daughter is going to lose her mother.

I got up at 4.30 this morning to watch it before a 6am start.

What an ending to the greatest programme ever to grace tv. If I'm being honest, it panned out fairly like I thought it would. That didn't take anything away though.

Sublime. My only worry now, is what next? Where do we all go from here!

I'd recommend you watch The Sopranos, The Wire and arguably Game of Thrones as you clearly haven't done so yet. :P

I don't really think the Sopranos or the Shield come close to this as enjoyable as they both were. The Wire was a different type of show from any of those and is difficult to compare but I certainly thought it was better than the Shield or the Sopranos.

No one show will definitively be "The greatest TV show ever" no matter how much you say it. It's subjective.

Well, whatever is the best, it is definitely not The Pacific. The way that the Japanese surrendered after a bomb no-one had ever mentioned or even heard of before was dropped by the Allies after they'd been building to a massive conflict for weeks was a complete and utter copout. Sheer deus ex machina.

Edited by The OP

loved the show, cracking ending but

just a bit too "last piece of the puzzle" for my liking, i know the writers had to tie it all up (maybe they didnt) but how they tied it up to me was just very underwhelming, the good guys live, the bad guys die, walt's conscience is cleared and everyone is on their merry way

not one "wow" moment compared to practically every other single episode, not once did you see a scene and think "i didnt expect that"

to me its like they took the safe option of the endings available, but still overall a fantastic show nevertheless

Watched the finale twice now. Fantastic way to end the show. Yes, the outcomes were fairly predictable. I predicted that Jesse would escape, Walt would die, Lydia would die (albeit not because of the ricin), and the Nazis would die. However, it must be added that the reason I, and many others, predicted these things correctly was because it really was the way the show should have ended. I'm glad it ended that way.

Well done to everyone involved. I don't know what to do now. I might watch Ray Donovan and The Shield, but I doubt I'll like anything quite as much as this.

I've seen them all, I stand by what I said. The sopranos was my favourite up until now, but it now proudly sits in second place.

To quote the great Ralph Cifaretto in response to Georgie saying he hasn't seen Gladiator - "Well you're an asshole then."

It did all seem to be fairly simple, but I like that. It basically rounded everything off in the way that should have been expected. The little cameo of Skinny Pete and Badger was terrific too.

I was just going to post the exact same thing. Glad they managed to fit them into the final episode somehow, and what an episode it was. A great ending to a great series, the best ever imo!!!

he would have some major explaining to do regarding hank and gomez. he has already confessed once so he might do so again.

i would have liked to get some closure on brock, with the family of drew sharp and also some sort of acknowledgment that lydia's daughter is going to lose her mother.

Hank and Gomez kept Jesse off of the formal DEA radar: after being baled, the APD don't seem to come back after him. The Nazis raided Hank's home and took the confession tapes. Assuming they were destroyed, there is nothing for the DEA to chase. Finding Walt dead in the lab probably covers for them where the meth was coming from. He simply wouldn't be on the DEA radar.

I was just going to post the exact same thing. Glad they managed to fit them into the final episode somehow, and what an episode it was. A great ending to a great series, the best ever imo!!!

I said to my mate it was gonna be just two kids he paid. When it turned out to be them, I was well chuffed.

Hank and Gomez kept Jesse off of the formal DEA radar: after being baled, the APD don't seem to come back after him. The Nazis raided Hank's home and took the confession tapes. Assuming they were destroyed, there is nothing for the DEA to chase. Finding Walt dead in the lab probably covers for them where the meth was coming from. He simply wouldn't be on the DEA radar.

marie will have told the DEA that jesse was staying in their house.