Breaking Bad

Kejan

Close to tears here. Devastated that its all over now. The flashback to the party scene had me welled up as well. Great show and terrific memories. Can see all tv shows in the near future, failing miserably as i will always use Breaking Bad as a yardstick

That was a pretty good ending to what has been a truly fantastic television series. In all honesty, I think I actually preferred last weeks installment more than the finale but I'm still very happy with it. For a show that is known for throwing us all sorts of surprises, the finale ultimately didn't have any real curveballs left to throw at us.

Walt was dead by the end, Jesse was alive and free, Todd was killed by Jesse, Walt used the ricin on Lydia and the big gun on the neo-nazis. That doesn't make it bad by any means though. I thought the show executed all these things brilliantly.

The only part of the episode that even came close to letting me down was the scene with Gretchen and Elliot. I really wanted to see Walt get revenge on them this time last week, but that would have been deeply unfair on them. The line to Elliot about the knife was fantastic and it's amazing to see the reversal in their characters since we last saw them on screen. Walt was still fairly meek and uncomfortable around Elliot at his birthday while Elliot was perfectly content. Now the Elliot is a nervous wreck around Walt who is so calm and collected. It was awesome to see Badger and Skinny Pete one last time though.

Walt admitting to Skylar that he did all of this for himself was good to see too as at the end of all of this, he owed her that honesty given that his actions have torn her life apart. It's nice that Marie will have some closure from finding Hank and Gomez now too.

Skyler showing some pity towards him and allowing him to see Holly one last time was heart-breaking. It reminded us that as much as Walt did all of this for his own pleasure and self-fulfillment and as much as he let his Heisenberg persona dominate him, there was always a part of him that cared about his family and he accepts that his actions mean that he can't be around them when he dies and they wouldn't want him around anyway. The flashback makes you realise that Walt's reaction to Hank's line about getting some excitement in his life in the pilot is now a much bigger moment in retrospect as well.

It was really satisfying to see Jesse break free of Walt's control before he escaped the compound by refusing to shoot him. Also, that little nod to one another as Jesse was getting in the car was so touching and the closest either have came to admitting that despite all that's gone between them, they both care about one another.

It was good to see Walt kill Jack before finding out where his money was. It showed Walt was taking revenge for him killing Hank and that he wasn't purely after the money.

Overall, this was just a really good finale. I can't honestly think of any pressing issues that needed resolving. Jesse is free to do what he wants and Skyler and Marie and the kids are finally released from the shadow of Walt and can beging to rebuild their lives, while Walt has died after finishing off the people who killed his brother-in-law and stole the majority of his money, saved his former partner and seemingly found a way to get his money to his children without the police finding out.

Edited by captainkev

Loved it, absolutely loved it. I think people are kinda buying too much into the wave of awesomeness that has befallen us in this brilliant final half season by calling it 'perfect', but it was still simply superb.

If you weren't absolutely cheesing with Jesse's reaction at the end, you have no soul. NO SOUL.

Wait. Is it fine to post spoilers on here now? I don't want to inadvertently ruin the finale for someone.

Probably better to put them in spoiler brackets. Saves any chance of spoiling the episode for someone, although if you are stupid enough to come on here today without having seen the episode then you can't complain if you read something you didn't want to know about..

I'm on the fence about that finale. I certainly enjoyed it, however the very end in particular was the most convenient series of convenient things since someone used the conveniences in a convenience store.

Jesse and Walt's final interaction was probably the high point but it required quite a lot of bad-guy stupidity and blind luck to get there.

Edited by The OP

what are people's thoughts on killing lydia?

walt didn't know that she had threatened his family at that point and he seemed to do it just for the sake of it.

Skylar said that the three men turned up and told her not to talk about the woman at the carwash. Walt probably just assumed that Lydia had sent the Nazis to go and scare her.

what are people's thoughts on killing lydia?

walt didn't know that she had threatened his family at that point and he seemed to do it just for the sake of it.

Yeah that seemed a bit off to me. Also I didn't like the close up of the Stevia/ Ricin going in to the tea it was too much. If she hadn't been poisoned then that would have been a nice bluff but many had called it and it seemed a little forced. These are just minor gripes it was an enjoyable episode and a fantastic series, I look forward to re-watching it many times.