Breaking Bad

Kejan

Aaron Paul is a tremendous actor. I really enjoyed the episode; very much a "calm before the storm" sort of feeling throughout. The slow pace of the episode gave it quite a reflective quality and certainly made me realise how much I'm going to miss it.

Next week is going to be pretty explosive viewing.

Been thinking about the ricin. It seems so obvious that it will be used that its hard to imagine how it would add any shock. I wouldn't be surprised to see that plan of action ditched completely and not mentioned.

Unless, of course, the ricin is for Walt himself. Gub the ricin, hand himself in, dead in three days...

Edited by Armand 2

MUTHAFUCKING ROBERT FORSTER! f**k YEAH!

I really enjoyed that episode, I agree with TRS that plenty happened and it shows up what talented performers this show has (I would say produced given I didn't know any of Anna Gunn, Aaron Paul, Bob Odenkirk before this show and only knew Cranston as Hal so it's fair to say that this show has put loads of actors on the map)

September Weekend next week so I've got Monday off Uni so I'll definitely be streaming this next week. Cannot fucking wait.

I watched the last 2 weeks episode tonight. The first one.....well there's nothing to add that hasn't been said on here. A masterpiece. Breathless, breathtaking, desperately sad and an emotional rollercoaster.

Last nights episode WAS slower paced, but I always thought that would be the case, as we all suspected he'd have been MIA for a spell since the very first scenes of season 5.

I loved that the entire 'Grey Matter' thing has finally come full circle. The shunning of Walt from the company he helped found before the start of the entire series which was the primary reason for his financial woes and which enraged and embittered him so much, comes back around to enrage him afresh just as he was giving up. I actually wondered about Schwarz and Gretchen a few weeks back and whatever became of them.

I don't care what happens in the finale, it's been a blast from start to finish. Breathtaking TV.

And as for that final scene. Wow. Walt becoming enraged by Gretchen and Elliot before the police swarmed in on the bar as the show's opening theme began to play was just perfect. They couldn't have finished the episode any better imo. The scene truly felt like the beginning of Walter White's last stand. It gave me goosebumps tbh If he's not dead by the time the credits roll next week I'll be gobsmacked frankly. Next week can not come quickly enough.

Love the variation of the main music theme there... Really great bit of television. Was discussing things with a pal on Facebook - do you reckon he'll die as Walter White or Heisenberg? Pretty much accepted his day's are numbered...

They're certainly not trying to add gloss to or glamourise the drug business, are they? Every main character's trajectory has been painful to watch, never more so than in that episode.

Walt in particular had a shit of a time in those 55 minutes. I'm not sure what was more depressing, his paying that guy $10,000 to sit with him another hour, the wedding ring falling off his finger, or the phone call to his son.

Jesse's escape from his cell and the subsequent porch shooting of Andrea was brilliantly done, too.

Also really liked Todd's logic, that it doesn't matter how much you have, how can you say no to more - sort of encapsulates the theme of the whole show.

I could have done without the 'asks barman to flick the TV back' scene that's been done a hundred times before, but overall that was a great episode. Can't believe there's only one more :(

The 'barman flicking the TV' scene did make me roll my eyes a little in a seen-it-before, sorta way. It did its usual Breaking Bad thing though and polished that turd to almost unrecognisable lengths. Great scene, in the end.

It's surely all set up now for Jesse to survive and take Brock away with him.

Been thinking that a little myself. I asked earlier in the thread if folk were still rooting for Walter... Is anyone not rooting for Jesse these days though? Almost makes me certain he's going to die.

Aaron Paul is a tremendous actor. I really enjoyed the episode; very much a "calm before the storm" sort of feeling throughout. The slow pace of the episode gave it quite a reflective quality and certainly made me realise how much I'm going to miss it.

Next week is going to be pretty explosive viewing.

Really came round to Aaron Paul/Jesse in the latter half of this season in particular. Turns out that when shit hits the fan, he's a fantastic actor when asked to perform covered in shit.

Unless, of course, the ricin is for Walt himself. Gub the ricin, hand himself in, dead in three days...

Was wondering if perhaps Walter could gub the ricin and then go on a rampage so as to be assured of not being caught? Or, criminalised, anyway. Add the M16 into the mix and you may have the story...

After last week's episode I thought that most of the big stories were done... Very glad I'm going into the final episode with so much shit yet to happen. The latter half of this season of Breaking Bad has been some of the finest television I've ever come across, have no doubt the finalé will be the same.

Back at the start of the series, Walt was in another world, making the bacon into a '52' like Skylar done for his 50th at the start of the first series. This makes me think that before he goes on his impending rampage, Skylar is going to cop it at the hands of Todd and on the say so of Lydia.

Edited by djchapsticks

If that is the case then Walt would go on full rampage mode and as much as he would want to protect Walt Jnr tho he will blame him for Skylers death (if that does happen). Its actually been a good move having the episodes released weekly to really get people hyped for the week and giving them a chance to discuss it and possible ways the story will move forward

Thinking back to the abandoned house, have they explained where the Heisenberg spraypaint came from yet? It looks certain that Walt will go on a rampage, or have someone go on a rampage on his behalf in the next episode. Obviously the final scene tees that up with his former colleagues who have pretty much damned him on TV as nothing, despite building a business with them. Pretty gutted for Jesse over his missus getting killed. Finally, what was with Marie arriving at her home with papers all over the place in the street?

The spraypaint bit was explained at length saying the house had been sectioned off and was like a tourist attraction now

The Marie bit im guessing was Jack and his mob getting the Jessie confession tape and anything else that might be used against them

I know that they explained why the house was abandoned and that it had become a popular place for teens to break into. Obviously the name Heisenburg is widely known by the local community. Maybe I've lived in Scotland too long, where spraypaint usually consists of "RFC #1" or along those lines... :lol: Just seemed strange to see Heisenburg on the walls.

Thinking back to the abandoned house, have they explained where the Heisenberg spraypaint came from yet? It looks certain that Walt will go on a rampage, or have someone go on a rampage on his behalf in the next episode. Obviously the final scene tees that up with his former colleagues who have pretty much damned him on TV as nothing, despite building a business with them. Pretty gutted for Jesse over his missus getting killed. Finally, what was with Marie arriving at her home with papers all over the place in the street?

he sold his share for 5000 dollars so he couldn't have built it up much.

The final scene was classic breaking bad. Walter decides to give himself up, phones the police then sits down for a final drink. Just at that exact moment the bartender flicks the channels past an interview with his old friends talking about him which inspires him to change his mind. Walter then evades the police despite having no car, no map, being crippled with cancer and completely unfamiluar with the area.

The final scene was classic breaking bad. Walter decides to give himself up, phones the police then sits down for a final drink. Just at that exact moment the bartender flicks the channels past an interview with his old friends talking about him which inspires him to change his mind. Walter then evades the police despite having no car, no map, being crippled with cancer and completely unfamiluar with the area.

You dont know that he doesn't have a car or map, there no mention to how long goes passed between his seeing the interview and the police arriving. He could of easily just bought a car off someone in the bar and bought a map before getting out of there

How much he sold his share for is irrelevant, his hand was forced due to circumstances. They built a huge company off the back of his research. He sold as he felt he was being forced out because of what had happened with him and Elliott in regards to Gretchen. Schwarz admitted at the party they hosted in series one that Walt was the brainchild behind the entire Grey Matter and offered him a place back.

No point in arguing with you, though, as you like to poo-poo the entire series regardless just to be controversial. Yet continue to watch it religiously. :rolleyes:

How much he sold his share for is irrelevant, his hand was forced due to circumstances. They built a huge company off the back of his research. He sold as he felt he was being forced out because of what had happened with him and Elliott in regards to Gretchen. Schwarz admitted at the party they hosted in series one that Walt was the brainchild behind the entire Grey Matter and offered him a place back.

No point in arguing with you, though, as you like to poo-poo the entire series regardless just to be controversial. Yet continue to watch it religiously. :rolleyes:

i watch it because i enjoy it. I much prefered the first two seasons to the 4th and 5th but it's still worth 45 minutes of my week and i'd class it alongside the likes of boardwalk, lost, oz and prison break season 1 and 2 as entertaining but flawed shows.

This is a thread to discuss the show so i don't see why criticisms shouldn't be mentioned especially when fanboys are loudly creaming themselves. The breaking bad hysteria is reminiscent of early reviewers of the dark knight rises being harrassed for saying it was actually a bit shit.