Breaking Bad

Kejan

So we're five series into a programme about a guy who becomes a drug kingpin because of a financially debilitating illness, despite having an offer for full financial support.

And the complaint is someone affiliated to the Aryan Brotherhood couldn't have people murdered in jail? Really? :lol:

You have to take a bit of a leap of faith with the show as a whole. One of the great strengths of the it is how gripping the show is regardless.

To be fair, you could argue that case in almost every kind of 'unadapted from facts' type fiction.

So we're five series into a programme about a guy who becomes a drug kingpin because of a financially debilitating illness, despite having an offer for full financial support.

And the complaint is someone affiliated to the Aryan Brotherhood couldn't have people murdered in jail? Really? :lol:

We're talking to T_S_A_R here. Do we really expect anything less from him?

As soon as he started talking about the purity with absolutely no idea why this was an issue, I knew there'd be bullshit upon bullshit.

You have to take a bit of a leap of faith with the show as a whole. One of the great strengths of the it is how gripping the show is regardless.

the complaint isn't that the aryan brotherhood could have people murdered in jail.

the complaint is that walter had a problem with people in jail planing to testify against him which was quickly resolved by recently introduced character todd piping up that his uncle could organise for all of them to be murdered. it's weak plotting, it doesn't make it a bad show or not enjoyable but if people are going to shout about breaking bad being the best program ever it has to be able to stand up to criticism.

the complaint isn't that the aryan brotherhood could have people murdered in jail.

the complaint is that walter had a problem with people in jail planing to testify against him which was quickly resolved by recently introduced character todd piping up that his uncle could organise for all of them to be murdered. it's weak plotting, it doesn't make it a bad show or not enjoyable but if people are going to shout about breaking bad being the best program ever it has to be able to stand up to criticism.

In actual fact, Todd's uncle is foreshadowed a few episodes previously, when Walt, Mike and Jess discuss wasting Todd for what happened on the heist. That's not weak plotting, they introduce the concept of his shady uncle which they can then develop down the road as required. Weak plotting would be Todd piping up in the episode after Mike get's offed to say that he has an uncle who can do the job, he doesn't, so it isn't.

I'd imagine there's a direct correlation between the number of contacts you have in the international narcotics distribution biz and the likelihood of you knowing someone who can have people killed in prison. As others have said, these characters all tie into Mike's role - a cleaner / dirty work guy, who's job it is know these things. Can't imagine this type of person is too fantastical a concept IRL.

There are a number of things about the show's plot, weak or otherwise, that you need to take with a pinch of salt. This just isn't one of them.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

A woosh post surely

hahah woosh indeed. I can't even blame alcohol last night so I'm going to go with tiredness :ph34r:

Get what? Some sort of letter telling that Jesse is a bad employee?

I was thinking telling them they won't be able to benefit from his life insurance when he is killed.

When you see him in the flash forwards his hair has regrown so we are talking at least a couple of months has gone passed. I can only assume its maybe to do with his cancer being in its final stages where he knows he is dead either way and decides to and redeem himself slightly be it trying to save Jessie or his family depending how the next episode pans out. Still strange that they have all that cash and they still want Jessie to cook for them

I reckon its about a year down the line as in the flash forward you see him in the diner getting his breakfast and puts the bacon into a '52'. In a couple of episodes after that its his birthday in the real time and he has bacon and eggs for breakfast and makes the bacon into a '51' and says its a family tradition or something.

Intrigued to see how Granite State deals with the pressure of following Ozymandias. Last week's episode, although obviously not providing a conclusion for many of the storylines, had a dramatic finale feel about it. It will be a test of the writers' skills to avoid this episode being a damp squib in comparison. I know better than to doubt them though. There is no way it will slow down at this stage, the penultimate episode, and Aaron Paul has said that the last two are even 'messier' than Ozymandias.

My main predictions for tonight - Despite Walt's phone call last week, I think that his disappearance will make the DEA go after Skyler instead. I also think that the Aryan group will pay a visit to Hank and Marie's house to pick up the tape of Jesse's confession. I don't think this will end well. I won't predict exactly who, but I don't think all three of Skyler, Marie and Walt Jr will make it to the end of this episode.

Toying with the possibility of watching it live at 2am with breaks and everything as opposed to on Netflix in the morning.

Think I'm going to just go for it. Can't wait to see what happens.

RE above post. I wouldn't mind all three of the characters you've listed not making it to the finale as they are the ones that annoy me most.

As much as I try do dislike Walt I can't do it. Hope he's the sole winner and Jesse has been annoying me of late so I hope he's dealt with ruthlessly. Grassing b*****d.

Toying with the possibility of watching it live at 2am with breaks and everything as opposed to on Netflix in the morning.

Think I'm going to just go for it. Can't wait to see what happens.

RE above post. I wouldn't mind all three of the characters you've listed not making it to the finale as they are the ones that annoy me most.

As much as I try do dislike Walt I can't do it. Hope he's the sole winner and Jesse has been annoying me of late so I hope he's dealt with ruthlessly. Grassing b*****d.

I can't help but think that Jesse will be one of the few survivors at the end. As irritating as he can be, he has also acted as the 'moral conscience' at times, and I don't think Gilligan will have decided to kill him off.

I've actually been toying with that idea myself. Might be fun to watch it live at least once.

Edited by The Real Saints