Breaking Bad

Kejan

No, i dont think so. Decent epsiode but more of a set up to what i expect will be complete carnage in the final one. Cant believe theres only one left :(

surely they would just check where he made the call to marie from and search from there? the thousands of shell casings might be a give away as well.

i'm not normally bothered about fingerprints or csi stuff on crime shows (i don't care that todd and his cronies were touching the cot with their bare fingers) but it has been mentioned on the show a few times that the police can take location from cell phones including about 4 episodes ago.

i would have been nice to see marie's reaction to hank being dead within the first few months of her widowhood but obviously todd's crush on lydia is more important.

I love this show. The sad thing about it ending at the same time as dexter is it's really showing the other up. Brilliantly written, brilliantly acted, and only 5 seasons long. Going to miss it.

Bit of a pointless episode gearing up for the finale I thought. Nothing much happened.

The episode had a slightly slower pace, but quite a few things happened.

We probably saw Saul for the last time. We saw that Skyler is in trouble with the DEA and we saw that Lydia wants her dead. It really sets the scene for a mental finale next week. All of the questions have been answered as to Walt's change of name and change of appearance, and the episode provided a few alternative possibilities as to why he decided to return to Albuquerque at the end (is his pride coming into play again with the whole Gray Matter situation or is he just desperate to get the money to his family or is he planning to take revenge on the Aryans or is it a mixture of all these things?).

I love episodes like that. As well as some quite heartbreaking character moments (Walt's call to Walt Jr springs to mind), there were also a couple of terrifying ones (Todd and Co. showing up at Skyler's house and, later, killing Andrea).

Without episodes like this, we wouldn't have episodes like Ozymandias or the finale next week. I'm expecting a bit of carnage. Goodbye Skyler, Todd's gang and Walt at least. In my opinion. There may well be more.

Also, a well-deserved first win at the Emmys for Breaking Bad last night. And also well done to Anna Gunn for winning the best supporting-actress award.

Just finished watching this weeks episode and I have only one thought now looking forward to the final installment: Go get 'em Walt.

This episode was never going to try and match the tempo and excitement of last week's but I still really enjoyed it. It seems as if his time in isolation has allowed Walt to finally realise how much he let his Heisenberg persona take control, allowing him to lose sight of why he started all of this in the first place. Walt seems to understand why he is ultimately alone and despised now. It's probably the closest he's been to the sympathy arousing Walter White we saw in the beginning in a very long time. As such it was still hard to see his son spurning him even though he thoroughly deserves it.

Really didn't expect to see Gretchen and Elliot again, but I loved that it was their tv interview and refusal to give Walt the credit he deserved in order to save that brought him roaring back after he'd given up. I hope he doesn't kill them next week, but at least gets the final word in against them. God knows how Jesse is going to figure into all of this though.

There were a couple of things that bothered me though. I'm slightly disappointed that the identity of the writer of "Heisenberg" on the wall has seemingly delegated to some random vandals. The scene of Todd threatening Skyler didn't quite work for me either. I would have thought the gang wouldn't have went anywhere near the White household. The police would surely have the house bugged to make sure no one tries to contact Skyler or vice versa?

And as for that final scene. Wow. Walt becoming enraged by Gretchen and Elliot before the police swarmed in on the bar as the show's opening theme began to play was just perfect. They couldn't have finished the episode any better imo. The scene truly felt like the beginning of Walter White's last stand. It gave me goosebumps tbh If he's not dead by the time the credits roll next week I'll be gobsmacked frankly. Next week can not come quickly enough.

They're certainly not trying to add gloss to or glamourise the drug business, are they? Every main character's trajectory has been painful to watch, never more so than in that episode.

Walt in particular had a shit of a time in those 55 minutes. I'm not sure what was more depressing, his paying that guy $10,000 to sit with him another hour, the wedding ring falling off his finger, or the phone call to his son.

Jesse's escape from his cell and the subsequent porch shooting of Andrea was brilliantly done, too.

Also really liked Todd's logic, that it doesn't matter how much you have, how can you say no to more - sort of encapsulates the theme of the whole show.

I could have done without the 'asks barman to flick the TV back' scene that's been done a hundred times before, but overall that was a great episode. Can't believe there's only one more :(

994229_10151896374092722_1651711742_n.jp

Puts a tear in my eye. I'm so pleased that I started watching this series when I did, with plenty of time to spare before the final 8. It's a pleasure to be watching along with everyone else as it reaches its climax.

I'm actually doing my English dissertation on Walter White (an examination of his character in relation to similarities between him and Doctor Faustus), so I'll be watching a lot more Breaking Bad over the next few months and claiming that it is 'work'.

Been thinking about the ricin. It seems so obvious that it will be used that its hard to imagine how it would add any shock. I wouldn't be surprised to see that plan of action ditched completely and not mentioned.

In the same vein that any other show which ended on that shootout cliffhanger would have kept Hank and Gomez alive - but BB didnt, killing them just 2 minutes into next ep - they might try to shun convention and predictability by throwing the retrieving of the capsule in as a red herring.

Be impossible to properly predict whats coming though!