The name isn't too bad. People said exact same thing about Ambrose, Rollins, Zayn and Cesaro if I remember

Ambrose isn't that bad a name to be honest, it's pretty standard fayre, much like Jon Moxley was.

The rest, I'm not lovers of. Finn Balor is dreadful though. If they were so worried about naming rights, they could have just switched names up a little whilst retaining the rights like they did with Drew, Sheamus and Bryan.

Something like Fergal Prince would have retained a semblance of his original name and not sounded so utterly ridiculous.

Edited by djchapsticks

Apparently Steen is gonna be feuding with Zayn early doors, and the plan is for them to have a #1 contenders ladder match on December 11th.

Source? Sounds like a made up story from an internet fan IMO.

The name is fine, plus he chose it anyway.

Edited by Waffelz

Next NXT live 'ppv' is set to build towards:

Neville vs Zayn - NXT Title

Hideo Itami/Finn Balor vs The Ascension

The Vaudevillains vs The Lucha Dragons - NXT Tag Championships

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Bayley - NXT Divas Title

Baron Corbin vs Bull Dempsey

Sounds good. That Baron Corbin is a scary looking fella.

Devitt's debut is set to be on the NXT televised on November 6th - I think it was - in the states.

Aren't a lot of the names being changed now partly because WWE own the name, remember reading somewhere that Zayn changed from El Generico because WWE would then own the name and he wouldn't be able to go back to it if he was released?

Yes, they basically don't want a situation like CM Punk where he owns the name beforehand, uses it in WWE then can leave with it and he's more famous now because of the WWE exposure.

Obviously Indy guys want to be able to use their name if they leave WWE.

That'll be the main reason, but I think theres also an element of guarding against exposure for other promotions.

If someone Googles the wrestlers old name, for example, it'll take you to website and Youtube vids for their old employers.

This Kenta/Hideo guy that the WWE were getting all excited about is pretty gash IMO. Didn't know much about him, but everyone seemed to be getting quite excited about his signing. I don't like his style and he has botched loads of stuff in the last couple of NXT shows. It might just be a poor start but I don't think I am going to take to him anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...