World Cup of Crisps

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King of the 10p crisps

71078_168180673213202_1095251_n.jpg

:king No doubt about it. A firm favourite in my primary school days.

Frankly I dont think you've thought this one through at all. This particular contest is in sore need of a full on qualifying campaign before even thinking about a final tournament.

Have to agree here. How about a super 64-team world cup. 8 per group, top 4 go through or just double the amount of groups.

If this really is the World Cup of Crisps maybe foreign crisps should be included? If I'm honest I can't remember last years crisps from my holiday in Javea. There were some nice ones though. I'm sure the cultered masses of P&B can furnish us with the details. OP should have the final say obviously but I think I have a valid point despite having a few obvious flaws.

Those horn crisps you get in Germany are great!

I'm going to get wooshed here, but according to QI, they are cakes cos they go hard when they're stale (unlike biscuits which go soft).

Pfffft

Scoff all you like. But they are cakes. Strangely enough, definitive proof was given by my Accounting lecturer.

McVities was in a large legal fight with the taxman some years ago who were demanding that Jaffa Cakes be subject to VAT. The taxman's argument being that they are chocolate covered biscuits and as such, are a luxury foodstuff and VAtable.

McVities argued this very point that Jaffa Cakes going stale do in fact go hard. This by definition classified them as cakes and as cake is considered an 'essential foodstuff' along with bread, milk etc, is not subject to VAT charges.

McVities won their case, Jaffa Cakes stayed VAT free and earned the classification 'cake'. So count yourself lucky, if they were biscuits, you'd be paying 20% more for them. ;)

Scoff all you like. But they are cakes. Strangely enough, definitive proof was given by my Accounting lecturer.

McVities was in a large legal fight with the taxman some years ago who were demanding that Jaffa Cakes be subject to VAT. The taxman's argument being that they are chocolate covered biscuits and as such, are a luxury foodstuff and VAtable.

McVities argued this very point that Jaffa Cakes going stale do in fact go hard. This by definition classified them as cakes and as cake is considered an 'essential foodstuff' along with bread, milk etc, is not subject to VAT charges.

McVities won their case, Jaffa Cakes stayed VAT free and earned the classification 'cake'. So count yourself lucky, if they were biscuits, you'd be paying 20% more for them. ;)

Pffft pfffffffft

The new Thai flavour rough cuts are brilliant and even better than the mccoys version.

Sausage and tomato is an old favourite.

I like Walkers BBQ flavour. Somewhere in-between worcester sauce and tom ketchup.

Cheese moments were the Marmite of pub snacks. Scampi Fries made your fingers smell like a randy teenager at the school disco......

I miss the old pickled onion "Meanies" 5p a bag iirc.

Oh yes. 5p from the icy that used to park outside our school. 50p for a proper lunch from the dinner hall or 6 packs of Meanies and a can of juice from the icy, made me the man I am today.

Archived