Evil Neighbours Thread

37 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Well I see your point. Certainly the mobbing process at work has made me paranoid to an extent when I see others treating me badly. Basically I shouldn’t care about gossip of nastyness because it’s always about the other person usually.

Sometimes though you get caught up and by trying to clear my name at work it gets you into an argumentative mood or mindset. 
It takes a bit of detective work so to speak though before the dots join up and from what I’ve read the effects of mobbing is similar to someone with PTSD. No escape from the constant barrage. What did that comment mean, did they look at me funny, wait that must mean.

Sorry if I flew off the handle there, I thought you were being flippant. Not to go off topic but it seems like someone leaving my workplace, who also was targeted, is going to go full beans to hr. Racism, bullying, wasting money. Hoping things will improve, I’m looking elsewhere anyway.

I'm always flippant.

I noticed a similarity in the situations. You have behaved well and then been undermined, you've then been quite meticulous in gathering evidence to support that view. Doing that is recommended in either situation. But with both happening at the same time, could you have gone overboard in the evidence gathering and seen innocent situations as much more sinister than they are? It could become self perpetuating.

I know you don't appreciate being doubted but I expect if you went to some kind of truly independent mediation this type of thing would get asked.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

30 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm always flippant.

I noticed a similarity in the situations. You have behaved well and then been undermined, you've then been quite meticulous in gathering evidence to support that view. Doing that is recommended in either situation. But with both happening at the same time, could you have gone overboard in the evidence gathering and seen innocent situations as much more sinister than they are? It could become self perpetuating.

I know you don't appreciate being doubted but I expect if you went to some kind of truly independent mediation this type of thing would get asked.

That’s all true and well put. I did go overboard in the workplace evidence gathering and nearly pushed away the one or two decent colleagues who at least acknowledged the situations. I reckon that I should have just got the real five star ones and let other comments go. I also used to come home and try and research it all. I’ve seen people online who believe that they are targeted and it’s tinfoil hat CIA stuff. I’ve thankfully never got to that stage and I can separate the two issues. I did a lot of soul searching and asked colleagues if I was what the boss was saying and they said I was probably the opposite. Several told me to take it to HR and agreed with what I was saying. As said one is now going to expose it, I also believe that others have done it or nearly done it demanding apologies. There is no black and white or misinterpretation on some of the issues and one thing through research I’ve found is how cunning and manipulative people can be when held to account. I’m going to use my old favourite gaslighting because that’s exactly what it is. A deliberate and malicious attempt to distort reality. 
My problem was obsessing and carrying the behaviour over like you say but that’s not to say that things like narcissism, ganging up, denial and bullying don’t exist in all walks of life. Just not as much as I thought it did. 
When I spoke up about the work stuff the denial was just crazy. I had things hidden that proved the lies but never brought it out, just confirmed for me that it was just BS on top of BS. I’m talking about signed and dated and being told they weren’t even working at that time. 
Lastly I would also agree that if your job didn’t really matter then you could let it go but this was a great chance of me progressing my career and had it taken away from me because of someone’s ego and need to mess around with someone for kicks. I really can’t go into detail but it’s probably enough on it’s own to make most people walk out. 

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

That’s all true and well put. I did go overboard in the workplace evidence gathering and nearly pushed away the one or two decent colleagues who at least acknowledged the situations. I reckon that I should have just got the real five star ones and let other comments go. I also used to come home and try and research it all. I’ve seen people online who believe that they are targeted and it’s tinfoil hat CIA stuff. I’ve thankfully never got to that stage and I can separate the two issues. I did a lot of soul searching and asked colleagues if I was what the boss was saying and they said I was probably the opposite. Several told me to take it to HR and agreed with what I was saying. As said one is now going to expose it, I also believe that others have done it or nearly done it demanding apologies. There is no black and white or misinterpretation on some of the issues and one thing through research I’ve found is how cunning and manipulative people can be when held to account. I’m going to use my old favourite gaslighting because that’s exactly what it is. A deliberate and malicious attempt to distort reality. 
My problem was obsessing and carrying the behaviour over like you say but that’s not to say that things like narcissism, ganging up, denial and bullying don’t exist in all walks of life. Just not as much as I thought it did. 
When I spoke up about the work stuff the denial was just crazy. I had things hidden that proved the lies but never brought it out, just confirmed for me that it was just BS on top of BS. I’m talking about signed and dated and being told they weren’t even working at that time. 
Lastly I would also agree that if your job didn’t really matter then you could let it go but this was a great chance of me progressing my career and had it taken away from me because of someone’s ego and need to mess around with someone for kicks. I really can’t go into detail but it’s probably enough on it’s own to make most people walk out. 

I look forward to the day you leave and you can spill the beans properly.

Anyway, I'll probably go back to taking the pish now.

Had a few years of relative peace now from my neighbours which seems to be down to them being completely fucked with their health problems rather than actual consideration. 
Only real pain is that they were here before me and have a few other neighbours eating out of their hands and have spoon-fed them bs over the years.
When I first moved in I cut their grass (it’s shared or was) and also helped to pay for a shared fence and was ok with paying their share upfront. 
That’s the thing, as long as you’re doing stuff for them they’re fine. I got kept up most nights due to them making noise. I tried everything and did it all as per advice from the council. At this point they started to get nasty.
Asking me out front to talk about something then fake sad face when the neighbour went past asking if she was ok?
Shouting and screaming at someone cleaning roof. They also hassled the fence folk so much they were going to walk off the job. Blamed me for bursting a non existent drain. Trying to get extra stuff done for free. 

Falsely claiming my dad had shouted and swore at them when they next week had calmly chatted to him about something.
Accused me of poisoning animals??
Eventually I had enough after having an ear infection and banged on the wall asking calmly to keep the noise down at 3am. They lied and blamed everything on the neighbours when I handed them a letter, also claiming harassment. I followed advice from the council.
Got a card through the door from the police and had to call some female pc who started to berate me before realising what she was doing. They called 999 saying I was threatening them when I had just calmly knocked on the wall. Ended up with mediation, which they tried to avoid unsurprisingly, that was useless and the women that did that couldn’t take any sides despite me producing an entire folders worth full of evidence.
As I said thankfully it’s calmed down now but I’m not a fan of a few other neighbours who go out of their way to help them. I hope they get their fingers burnt as well. Using disability as a stick to hit people with and the sad thing is almost everyone takes their side. I’m sure if someone cut my grass, paid for stuff and was a decent neighbour I would try and keep the noise down and let them go to work to help pay for all the shit they get for free. Kinda want to tell the neighbours but don’t want to come down to that level, I told one of them that they had banned me from helping with the shared trees. He seemed intrigued until I started telling the story about the police and then didn’t take any side. He helps them with stuff so has probably been spoon fed bs.
TL:DR
my neighbours were c***s and used disability as a weapon and other neighbours believe their gossip but at least they don’t keep me awake anymore 
Banged the wall calmly made me laugh for some reason

2 minutes ago, just me 2 said:

Banged the wall calmly made me laugh for some reason

According to the police I was shouting and screaming at them just for going to the toilet. This was after two or three years of the husband taking the dog out when he was smoking. Dog was stuck in all day and it would go bezerk.

I'd wake up heart racing to hear barking dogs and him shouting hey hey stop it or similar. They denied it all and claimed that my letter was harassment. Tried to say it was the milk getting delivered all sorts of shit.

Had an ear infection woke up and could hear them banging about so rapped on the wall with my knuckles "please can you be quiet its half three I need to work tomorrow"

Phoned 999 

c***s

17 hours ago, 101 said:

It's my shed and I've just moved in, no idea why the previous owners gave up a strip of their garden.

I gave up an 18" x 25'  piece of land at the back of my house as I wanted to build the garden wall flush to the back wall rather than all the way  around the back .  I say gave up, I still own it and that's understood but it's outside the garden wall and to those not in the know they may assume it belongs to the house behind.  

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

I gave up an 18" x 25'  piece of land at the back of my house as I wanted to build the garden wall flush to the back wall rather than all the way  around the back .  I say gave up, I still own it and that's understood but it's outside the garden wall and to those not in the know they may assume it belongs to the house behind.  

I'm pretty sure the house is empty behind me so, I'm just going to go ahead with it and make it look tidy.

If they want to argue the toss I have the plans for the house and I have insurance so not overly worried.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

I'm pretty sure the house is empty behind me so, I'm just going to go ahead with it and make it look tidy.

If they want to argue the toss I have the plans for the house and I have insurance so not overly worried.

Fair enough but if there is somebody there it might be worth telling them first (telling mind, not asking) in case they were misled by a previous owner about the piece of land.  These things have a habit of escalating if you're not careful.  Not saying don't do it but just give them a heads up that you're going to.  

On 11/02/2021 at 05:54, Raidernation said:

My apartment (yup I’m going’murcan) is above my neighbors garage. They obviously never use their front door but go in and out through the garage, which is a remote /powered door.
It’s so f**k-ing invasive and noisy. All day all night.
They also run their dishwasher every night at about 11. The noise won’t stop me sleeping but I can hear it so I’m sure they can hear mine and must know it’s noisy.
I’m a passive soul, but now borderline passive aggressive because of this (and parking issues)
So...
Do I put my dishwasher in at midnight, won’t keep me awake.
Do I do the same with my washing machine and dryer?
Do I just plug a guitar into the amp at 10pm and just play at a low level but loud enough I know they’ll hear me learning a new song so it’ll be the same chords for hours?

Just lay low for a while. Wait till you can have people round. 

Start a death metal band, practice at your house and start at midnight.

I'd recommend having your amps up against the joining wall, two drummers and tuning your guitars down to A.

My apartment (yup I’m going’murcan) is above my neighbors garage. They obviously never use their front door but go in and out through the garage, which is a remote /powered door.
They also run their dishwasher every night at about 11. The noise won’t stop me sleeping but I can hear it so I’m sure they can hear mine and must know it’s noisy.
I’m a passive soul, but now borderline passive aggressive because of this (and parking issues)
So...
Do I just plug a guitar into the amp at 10pm and just play at a low level but loud enough I know they’ll hear me learning a new song so it’ll be the same chords for hours?

That sounds like a good idea. The adult equivalent of a toddler playing the same tune over and over again on one of those battery operated music machines.

So...

On 11/02/2021 at 09:29, Sergeant Wilson said:

Shoot them.

Well, he hasn't gone completely 'murican.

Missus opened a letter today that was addressed to her, no postmark and had clearly been placed in the letterbox by the sender. Turns out it was from one of our neighbours. The letter was a lengthy one, detailing how unhappy the neighbour was that our relatives had been sitting at her table and chairs*, smoking and putting the cigarettes out in her ashtray**, and not bothering to clear up after themselves. To illustrate this, she had helpfully filled a small bag with ash and half smoked cigarettes, popped it in the envelope with the letter, and gave us instructions to put it in our own bin.

After reading, Jennifer decided to go over and speak to the woman who sent the letter, because it was all bollocks and she wanted to clear it up rather than let it lie and cause more of an issue. The old dear across the landing, instead of admitting she may have been mistaken, doubled down and said she had clearly seen my mother in law and sister in law doing it over the weekend*** and it wasn’t the first time, and our family need to show more respect to the other neighbours there. It was pointed out that none of the family are smokers, at which point the woman called Jennifer a liar and said she was taking it up with our landlord tomorrow.

Not had any issues before with this woman, and get on well with all the neighbours, and our landlord, who I assume will tell the daft old cow to act her age. Could be a developing story mind you.

*The ground floor flats have their own designated outside area, in lieu of a balcony. Hers faces the front door of our building, which is where this disgusting crime happened.

**I assume it’s her ashtray, but she probably nicked it from a pub going by the Feldschlossen logo on it.

***We were away hiking all day Saturday and at her parents for lunch all day Sunday, so it definitely definitely wasn’t our lot this weekend...

8 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Missus opened a letter today that was addressed to her, no postmark and had clearly been placed in the letterbox by the sender. Turns out it was from one of our neighbours. The letter was a lengthy one, detailing how unhappy the neighbour was that our relatives had been sitting at her table and chairs*, smoking and putting the cigarettes out in her ashtray**, and not bothering to clear up after themselves. To illustrate this, she had helpfully filled a small bag with ash and half smoked cigarettes, popped it in the envelope with the letter, and gave us instructions to put it in our own bin.

After reading, Jennifer decided to go over and speak to the woman who sent the letter, because it was all bollocks and she wanted to clear it up rather than let it lie and cause more of an issue. The old dear across the landing, instead of admitting she may have been mistaken, doubled down and said she had clearly seen my mother in law and sister in law doing it over the weekend*** and it wasn’t the first time, and our family need to show more respect to the other neighbours there. It was pointed out that none of the family are smokers, at which point the woman called Jennifer a liar and said she was taking it up with our landlord tomorrow.

Not had any issues before with this woman, and get on well with all the neighbours, and our landlord, who I assume will tell the daft old cow to act her age. Could be a developing story mind you.

*The ground floor flats have their own designated outside area, in lieu of a balcony. Hers faces the front door of our building, which is where this disgusting crime happened.

**I assume it’s her ashtray, but she probably nicked it from a pub going by the Feldschlossen logo on it.

***We were away hiking all day Saturday and at her parents for lunch all day Sunday, so it definitely definitely wasn’t our lot this weekend...

Well who was it if it wasn't you?

My mum had one of those living across from her for a while. Listened at the door for when someone was leaving and would confront them in the close for all sort of fantastical infractions.

She claimed that she had to sell her car because her neighbours kept vandalising it. Turned out she lost her licence because she was a hopeless alkie.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Well who was it if it wasn't you?

Neighbour in the other downstairs flat died a few weeks ago. The last week has had various family members in an out of the place, and over the weekend they had a clearance firm in to empty it and get it cleaned up for being handed back over. My money would be on the clearance firm. They looked like the kind of pretentious, sub human scum who would smoke Parisiennes.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Neighbour in the other downstairs flat died a few weeks ago. The last week has had various family members in an out of the place, and over the weekend they had a clearance firm in to empty it and get it cleaned up for being handed back over. My money would be on the clearance firm. They looked like the kind of pretentious, sub human scum who would smoke Parisiennes.

Aye, you would say that though.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

My mum had one of those living across from her for a while. Listened at the door for when someone was leaving and would confront them in the close for all sort of fantastical infractions.

She claimed that she had to sell her car because her neighbours kept vandalising it. Turned out she lost her licence because she was a hopeless alkie.

We’ve had no problems so far and get on well with everyone else who lives there. I’m hoping this isn’t the start of something. If it comes to it, I’ll just accuse her of xenophobia, that daft old c**t.