Evil Neighbours Thread

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

Not sure that this puts my neighbour in the "evil" category but this seems the best place to ask.

If you take in a parcel for a neighbour, do you drop it into them or expect them to come for it?

I took a parcel for my next door neighbour on Monday and it's been sitting by the front door since. My other half has been nagging at me to take it round but I don't see why I should - it's their parcel so my view is if they want it they can trudge through the snow to come and get it.

Thoughts?

What's in it?

45 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You take a parcel in for neighbours you get on with and then you take it around. 

Why would you possibly accept a parcel for neighbours you don't like?! 

What happens if they take in something of yours and keep it?

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

Is their letterbox full and do they have a pile of milk bottles on their doorstep? It may be your neighbours just dead, in that case the parcel is yours.

Maybe they’re just no intae letters or milk?

Had a few years of relative peace now from my neighbours which seems to be down to them being completely fucked with their health problems rather than actual consideration. 
Only real pain is that they were here before me and have a few other neighbours eating out of their hands and have spoon-fed them bs over the years.

When I first moved in I cut their grass (it’s shared or was) and also helped to pay for a shared fence and was ok with paying their share upfront. 
That’s the thing, as long as you’re doing stuff for them they’re fine. I got kept up most nights due to them making noise. I tried everything and did it all as per advice from the council. At this point they started to get nasty.

Asking me out front to talk about something then fake sad face when the neighbour went past asking if she was ok?

Shouting and screaming at someone cleaning roof. They also hassled the fence folk so much they were going to walk off the job. Blamed me for bursting a non existent drain. Trying to get extra stuff done for free. 

Falsely claiming my dad had shouted and swore at them when they next week had calmly chatted to him about something.

Accused me of poisoning animals??

Eventually I had enough after having an ear infection and banged on the wall asking calmly to keep the noise down at 3am. They lied and blamed everything on the neighbours when I handed them a letter, also claiming harassment. I followed advice from the council.

Got a card through the door from the police and had to call some female pc who started to berate me before realising what she was doing. They called 999 saying I was threatening them when I had just calmly knocked on the wall. Ended up with mediation, which they tried to avoid unsurprisingly, that was useless and the women that did that couldn’t take any sides despite me producing an entire folders worth full of evidence.

As I said thankfully it’s calmed down now but I’m not a fan of a few other neighbours who go out of their way to help them. I hope they get their fingers burnt as well. Using disability as a stick to hit people with and the sad thing is almost everyone takes their side. I’m sure if someone cut my grass, paid for stuff and was a decent neighbour I would try and keep the noise down and let them go to work to help pay for all the shit they get for free. Kinda want to tell the neighbours but don’t want to come down to that level, I told one of them that they had banned me from helping with the shared trees. He seemed intrigued until I started telling the story about the police and then didn’t take any side. He helps them with stuff so has probably been spoon fed bs.

TL:DR

my neighbours were c***s and used disability as a weapon and other neighbours believe their gossip but at least they don’t keep me awake anymore 

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

TL:DR

my neighbours were c***s and used disability as a weapon and other neighbours believe their gossip but at least they don’t keep me awake anymore 

Can you see a similarity or connection between this situation and your experience at work?

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Can you see a similarity or connection between this situation and your experience at work?

Yes, it’s all my fault. I’m completely insane, paranoid and think that everyone is out to get me.

Is that the response your trolling was looking for?

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Yes, it’s all my fault. I’m completely insane, paranoid and think that everyone is out to get me.

Is that the response your trolling was looking for?

Suit yourself.

I was thinking it might be easy to conflate the two issues in your mind and the sum of two fairly insignificant parts could be far greater than their individual worth.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Suit yourself.

I was thinking it might be easy to conflate the two issues in your mind and the sum of two fairly insignificant parts could be far greater than their individual worth.

Well I see your point. Certainly the mobbing process at work has made me paranoid to an extent when I see others treating me badly. Basically I shouldn’t care about gossip of nastyness because it’s always about the other person usually.

Sometimes though you get caught up and by trying to clear my name at work it gets you into an argumentative mood or mindset. 
It takes a bit of detective work so to speak though before the dots join up and from what I’ve read the effects of mobbing is similar to someone with PTSD. No escape from the constant barrage. What did that comment mean, did they look at me funny, wait that must mean.

Sorry if I flew off the handle there, I thought you were being flippant. Not to go off topic but it seems like someone leaving my workplace, who also was targeted, is going to go full beans to hr. Racism, bullying, wasting money. Hoping things will improve, I’m looking elsewhere anyway.