Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I’m going if they get bonehead and Tony mccarroll back. 
I think my money’s safe.  

Piece in The Scum reckoned it was gonna basically be Noel’s bird band with Liam singing 

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Piece in The Scum reckoned it was gonna basically be Noel’s bird band with Liam singing 

They could do worse than get the band Liam had for the Definitely Maybe gigs from this year.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Interesting. I was born 86 and by time I was going to gigs it was wanting to see bands that were big throughout my lifetime including oasis. I don’t remember swathes of 20 somethings back then being overly enthusiastic about 80’s music.

I was born in 1988 and considered myself pretty young to be interested in Oasis but perhaps not. 

Can't think of another stadium gig where I want to go but don't want to be on the pitch. It'll be like a zombie apocalypse. 

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Is your average 20 something who was born in the 00’s interested in music that came out 5-10 years before they were born? 

Yes.

Modern music is utter shite, going backwards is the only option.

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

People were saying this when oasis first came out and will be continuing to say it forever more. As far as I knew everyone had a favourite period of music which coincided with them being young but that often revolved around bands and songs that became ubiquitous due to the lack of alternatives available back then. With Spotify and all the other choices you have for entertainment platforms I don’t find it as easy to relate certain songs/artists with the year you are in, current global events and where you are in your life so it definitely takes away the nostalgia having all this choice at your fingertips.

There's plenty of Oasis stuff that I am not a fan of, but I still love them as a band and (if it's a reunion) I'll be trying to get a ticket.

But listening to modern stuff (mainly "drill" and the American stuff) creates an intense need in my mind to remove my ears, for the sake of ending their suffering.

ETA: I realise this is what was said about oasis originally; but if a single, normal, human being can say they like the mentioned genres, I will be shocked. It's horrific stuff.

Edited by ClydeTon

People are deluded if they think this will only be full of over 35's etc.  Look at your current stadium/headline bands in the UK, Courteeners probably being the biggest out of the new generation.  Their fanbase will overlap by about 95% of those who will listen to and want to see Oasis and there's plenty of kids who go to see them.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

People are deluded if they think this will only be full of over 35's etc.  Look at your current stadium/headline bands in the UK, Courteeners probably being the biggest out of the new generation.  Their fanbase will overlap by about 95% of those who will listen to and want to see Oasis and there's plenty of kids who go to see them.

Yup, Oasis remain the biggest and most successful band of the British indie rock subculture. The generation who grew up going to see Courteeners, Kasabian and Catfish & the Bottlemen will all be trying to get tickets for this.

Have seen them twice. 1st time at the tennis center in Melbourne in 1998. One of the worst gigs I've ever been at. Sound was so sh!te it was difficult to make out what song they were playing. Noel did his acoustic set in the middle and during this they managed to "improve" the sound a bit.

2nd time was Hampden in 2005. Arrived in the city centre and had the feeling that everyone else had started drinking 6 hours previous. Was OK for a stadium gig.

Wait and see what gets announced tomorrow. If they make it to Germany then would consider going to see them in Hannover or Hamburg (depending on price).

11 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Will be some laugh when it's a new "Best Of" being announced instead of a reunion. 

30 year anniversary of definitely maybe album special will be a few days early to build up hype for the release day. Plus today being a English bank holiday 

I’m also a 1986 birth.

seen them early 2000s last one was at was at the Murrayfield gig last one in Scotland?

If they come to Scotland will consider going depending on price not traveling far.

Chance for the young generation who missed them to see them now 

33 minutes ago, throbber said:

It was in June of 2009 and they played Murrayfield on a Wednesday. I think it was only night they did in Scotland. Kasabian and reverent and the makers supported.

Correct also the Enemy 

9 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Spotify has removed the concept of time and distance from when songs were created.

A very wise observation.

Just the other week my 14 year old started telling me how much she loves Billy Joel's music. I own absolutely zero of his stuff and had no idea my daughter was a fan, because almost all her listening is through earbuds.

As for Oasis, the only time I ever saw them was in the big top on Irvine beach in 1995 with The Verve in support. Some Might Say had just gone to number one and they were mid transition from the indie charts to being a mainstream phenomena. Absolutely insane atmosphere and impossible to recreate or better.

My 16 year old son is beside himself at this news, obsessed with Oasis and will be desperate to go. He plays guitar and knows pretty much the whole of Definitely Maybe and What's the story. Went to to TRNSMT just to see Liam Gallagher.

I do find it quite funny hearing him talk about them when, back in the day, his old mum here played her Definitely Maybe cassette untill it melted, had a ticket for Loch Lomond but couldn't go and finally saw them at Murrayfield in 2000.

7 hours ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Yup, Oasis remain the biggest and most successful band of the British indie rock subculture. The generation who grew up going to see Courteeners, Kasabian and Catfish & the Bottlemen will all be trying to get tickets for this.

Oasis is not Indie Rock Subculture. It's Britpop.

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Oasis is not Indie Rock Subculture. It's Britpop.

The modern indie bands mentioned by @Jaggy McJagface are effectively post-Britpop. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see some of them and their peers as the support acts on this tour.