Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

Listening to this album in the car the now. Why was it so slated?

I honestly has no idea. The songs are pretty solid. The reprise of 'All Around The World' at the end is superb too.

It got slated because it was impossible to live up to the first two albums. Had any other band released Be Here Now, it would be heralded as an all time classic.

My take on this is:

Lazy lyrical input, influence of an absolute shitload of cocaine and booze and it was put together in such a rush that rather than pad the tracks out with content they just stuck a load of over-long instrumentals on the end. That said, I bloody love the album. A few of the tracks on it are much longer than they have any need to be, but f**k it. I enjoy them and that's all I'm really concerned with. I Hope, I Think, I Know, Don't Go Away and Girl In The Dirty Shirt are some of my favourite Oasis tracks.

Can't argue with much of the above. Tunes like 'Ya know what I mean' and 'I hope I think I know', are what oasis were all about originally. Rock and Roll straight to the pus.

As for Beady Eye, four letter word is a fucking beast. Easily my favourite tune of 2011.

I think the real reason it was panned was a backlash to how popular it was. It sold well over half a million albums in it's first three days. People were buying that album that hadn't bought an Oasis album before. They did not know what to expect. It was a very self indulgent album, but they had full control of how the album was going to get produced. Alan McGhee had given up trying to control them. I believe Paul Weller at one point said it was overblown but Noel thought he was taking the piss.

I enjoy the album mainly as the tracks from it never get played. In their last Scottish gig the place went mental when they played My Big Mouth. Much loved by the fans.

I've went over the album 3x in a week and just can't bring myself to take it out the car.

The instrumental start to my big mouth is just awesome.

I actually find myself turning up every song as they start. By the time I get to the all around the world instrumental and the door closes, I'm practically deaf.

Edited by Gaz FFC

• 4 weeks later...

What's everyone's top 10 favourite Oasis songs?

Mines are

10 - Don't Look Back In Anger

9 - Wonderwall

8 - Where Did It All Go Wrong

7 - She Is Love

6 - D'yer Wanna Be A Spaceman

5 - Little By Little

4 - Sunday Morning Call

3 - Live Forever

2 - I Hope I Think I Know

1 - Slide Away

That list has taken me like 30 minutes, was a fucking difficult choice. Number 1 was obvious seeing as it's my all time favourite song.

What's everyone's top 10 favourite Oasis songs?

Mines are

10 - Don't Look Back In Anger

9 - Wonderwall

8 - Where Did It All Go Wrong

7 - She Is Love

6 - D'yer Wanna Be A Spaceman

5 - Little By Little

4 - Sunday Morning Call

3 - Live Forever

2 - I Hope I Think I Know

1 - Slide Away

That list has taken me like 30 minutes, was a fucking difficult choice. Number 1 was obvious seeing as it's my all time favourite song.

I've realized trying to do this list that there's 14 Oasis songs I like more than any others. That's not to say I only like 14 songs, I like loads but 14 stand out above the rest. Very hard to chalk off four but here's my list:

1 - Listen Up

2 - Slide Away

3 - Acquiesce

4 - Cast No Shadow

5 - Half The World Away

6 - D'You Know What I Mean?

7 - Little by Little

8 - Talk Tonight

9 - Going Nowhere

10 - Morning Glory

ETA: If it was Noel Gallagher written songs then 'It Makes Me Wanna Cry' would be right in there. Love that song.

Edited by Guest

1 - Rock 'N' Roll Star

2 - Live Forever

3 - Champagne Supernova

4 - Rockin' Chair

5 - The Shock of the Lightning

6 - Gas Panic!

7 - D'You Know What I Mean?

8 - Lyla

9 - Supersonic

10 - The Importance of Being Idle

The top three tend to stay the same, but the others change quite a lot.

1. Acquiesce

2. Listen Up

3. Bring it on Down

4. D'Yer Wanna be a Spaceman?

5. I Hope, I think, I know

6. Supersonic

7. Live Forever

8. Cigarettes & Alcohol

9. Champagne Supernova

10. Some Might Say

[+ 11. Talk Tonight, 12. Half the world Away, 13. Rock n' Roll Star, 14. It's Gettin' Better (Man!!), 15. Whatever, 16. Morning Glory, 17. She's Electric]

Any of my "substitute songs" could fit in that top 10 depending on my mood! So many fucking tuuuuunes!

Edited by AberdeenHibee

The new Beady Eye stuff that I just heard on Jools was awful.

I don't understand why they played the same song twice... thats what they did, right?

bloody painful to listen to, monotone, drudge. i can only compare hearing Beady Eye to the sound of road works going on outside your house.