Ched Evans

philpy

That makes no sense on the fans' part. If he's found to be innocent then he's no longer the "bad guy", and never was.

On the whole, football fans are morons and will use anything they can to try and get a rise out of players, even if they done nothing wrong.

Every time Spurs play Arsenal you always hear the Van Persie chant, Paul Dickov and the other Leicester City players got abuse even after they were freed and cleared of all charges. It's shite, but it will always happen.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the whole, football fans are morons and will use anything they can to try and get a rise out of players, even if they done nothing wrong.

Every time Spurs play Arsenal you always hear the Van Persie chant, Paul Dickov and the other Leicester City players got abuse even after they were freed and cleared of all charges. It's shite, but it will always happen.

You can behave like an absolute c**t, without it being illegal though. Even if Evans had been found not guilty he would quite rightly have recieved pelters just for being in that situation in the first place.

You can behave like an absolute c**t, without it being illegal though. Even if Evans had been found not guilty he would quite rightly have recieved pelters just for being in that situation in the first place.

absolutely.his rather unpleasant way of enjoying a night out in his hometown really should get him pelters,if this new evidence finds him not guilty of the rape;but theres a world of a difference between a bit of grief when youre taking a penalty kick and a rape conviction and i hope he is allowed to continue in his career-unlike the scumbag drunk driver who killed innocent people(how come they never die themselves,its always some other poor sod)

Well quite, but if he is cleared, you can be certain that some fans will continue to call him a rapist when he's playing against their team.

Wether he is cleared or serves his time for the remainder of his career he will be subjected to HORRIFIC abuse from the crowds & opposition players.. is it really worth a club taking on all of that..??

However, we all know football fans aren't quite forgiving and as mentioned above he will recieve constant pelters from the opposistion fans.

I was at Sheffield United's game against Charlton in October before Evans' conviction, and he was subjected to 90 minutes of solid abuse from the Charlton fans. I'd imagine that would've been the case from supporters of all their opponents last season and it didn't stop him scoring goals as if it was going out of fashion.

No reason to suggest that he wouldn't be capable of blanking it out and I'd imagine the abuse he's taken in the nick is far more horrific than what he's received from football fans which are separated from him by police and stewards, or fellow players looking to get a reaction for that matter.

Was speaking to a blades season ticket holder today, seemingly new evidence has come to light, and the united chairman will fund the appeal, and if the conviction is overturned the agreement is that Evans will sign a new two year deal. Hmmm. Thoughts??

Saw Ched play for SUFC at least a dozen times last season and there wasn't one game that he didn't receive abuse in but more often than not Ched shut them up by putting the ball in the back of the net. If he is successful in his appeal I'd love to see him back at Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane.

• 2 months later...

Well well well,

Danny Shaw@DannyShawBBC Two people who allegedly named a woman on Twitter raped by Sheffield Utd player Ched Evans have been charged by CPS in a legal first

Guess that appeal will happen any day now :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not really surprised by this especially with the talent he has got and he could become useful in the 2nd half of the season next season.

You would hope the supporters would take a stand against their side hiring a rapist but there's little chance of that happening.

well, a petition of 60,000 signatures suggests there is a lot of disquiet about it.

shocking really that the club's owners seem content to brush such a serious crime under the carpet.

It's a dilemma. How should he make a living?

Crash test dummy?

It raises a good point....he's served his time & has presumably deemed to have been rehabilitated so how does he earn a living?

I agree that it would sit uneasy with me if he signed for my Club but if successive Governments deem the legislation & punishment for offender like Evans adequate then what does society do with them upon their release?

like other released rapists, working the cash desk at a petrol station, if his parole officer has the right connections and the manager is desperate for staff?

Wouldn't that be potentially more dangerous? Why should the staff and customers there be forced to deal with him?

Don't understand when people call for guys who have been in jail to be banned from playing football.

He's done the punishment that was given to him and is now released. Whether you agree with him being out of jail is another argument but what is he supposed to do for the rest of his life now that he's out of prison?

Archived