Ched Evans

philpy

Don't understand when people call for guys who have been in jail to be banned from playing football.

He's done the punishment that was given to him and is now released. Whether you agree with him being out of jail is another argument but what is he supposed to do for the rest of his life now that he's out of prison?

I agree with this. I'd feel slightly uneasy if a convicted rapist played for my club, but at the end of the day he's done his time.

I used to enjoy hurling abuse at Alan Lithgow for being a BEAST

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll assume Sheffield United have female employees, host fans events, etc... Now he might have done his time, but would you be comfortable with a convinced raspiest to be around the club? I doubt you'd be happy if a child molester got a job in a company where they have children around the place. Even if he did serve his time

I'll assume Sheffield United have female employees, host fans events, etc... Now he might have done his time, but would you be comfortable with a convinced raspiest to be around the club? I doubt you'd be happy if a child molester got a job in a company where they have children around the place. Even if he did serve his time

Wouldn't happen due to CRB requirement checks.

Amazing :lol:

Er, there's females everywhere outside of an all male prison.

Yes, but how would you feel if you're a female employee of the club knowing the individual is a convinced rapist.

Do Sheffield United have female physio's or club doctors?

I'm really uncomfortable with the Sheffield United fans' spokesman's comments.

"There might be a small minority who might object..."

Does he mean women? Or does he mean "not true supporters"?

Ched Evans was found guilty of rape. That makes him a rapist. I certainly don't begrudge him making a living after his release, but I wouldn't want it to be at my club. Which is undoubtedly highly hypocritical of me, but there you go.

Actually, there's a heck of a lot of that article that sits uncomfortably with me.

Yes, but how would you feel if you're a female employee of the club knowing the individual is a convinced rapist.

Do Sheffield United have female physio's or club doctors?

So if he can't seek employment as a footballer now that he's out of prison where does he go?

I'm pretty certain that you'll be toiling to find any place that exclusively employs men.

So if he can't seek employment as a footballer now that he's out of prison where does he go?

I'm pretty certain that you'll be toiling to find any place that exclusively employs men.

He can seek employment, nothing stopping him.

Sheffield United have a responsibility towards their staff though, hiring a rapist and potentially putting female employees at risk?

Nah, you're ok thanks

Criminals like Evans may have paid their penalty and served their time for their crimes but they are obviously still unfit to be released back into society.

What we should do is relocate the population of Greenland and use the empty island as a holding pen for all of our criminals when they come out of jail. We can fly drones over to drop occasional boxes of out of date food and unlabeled tins as it's far too risky to let them near other human beings again given they are all likely to recommit the offences they were guilty of. Of course we could just leave them to forage for food themselves hoping they'll just slowly die out.

Say what you like about the UK, we are a modern, intelligent, civilised, understanding society, but one that would be even better without ex-crims moving amongst us. Obviously.

If he had been done for, say, GBH would some poster be so concerned about the safety of fellow employees? It was obviously a repulsive crime but I do support the rehabilitation of criminals and so forth, two years does seem a bit of a lenient sentence though (without knowing anything about the details of the crime).

Same principles apply, if my employer hired a known violent ex con and asked me to work alongside him, I would be asking questions. Don't think it's unreasonable

Same principles apply, if my employer hired a known violent ex con and asked me to work alongside him, I would be asking questions. Don't think it's unreasonable

what about if you were a player at Celtic and Neil Lennon offered you a lift to training? :ph34r:

what about if you were a player at Celtic and Neil Lennon offered you a lift to training? :ph34r:

If phone the police, after all Neil isn't an employee of the club ;)

He got 5 years in April 2012. Apparently out on good behaviour in October this year.

Wasn't even sacked when he was sent down. His contract expired in the summer of 2012.

To be fair to Blades fans, I haven't met any that want him back. Just seem to be a hardcore of loons that think he's going to get 35 goals again whilst conveniently forgetting that for two seasons previous, they thought he was garbage.

Nobody is saying Ched Evans should be permanently incarcerated, or sent to a desert island for the rest of his life, but does his rape conviction preclude him from the entertainment industry? Er, of course it does.

It's not as if any institution will ever be booking Ian Watkins for a gig again, and nor should it. Football is an entertainment industry, no club should be associating itself with a convicted rapist. It very much should be bad for business. If it was Messi, and he was a convicted rapist, I would not want St. Mirren to sign him. As it, football has not - and will not - miss Evans.

If he wants to disappear into obscurity working in some warehouse, who cares? But would you want him holding a mascots hand as he walks onto a pitch? Should he be earning millions from an entertainment industry? Of course not.

Archived