If Ebola Reached Scotland...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ebola is leathal if you get it but its not very infectious so so long as you dont kiss anyone with it and wash your hands in antibacterial gel you will be fine. Smallpox and the flu are the two likely to cause pandemics at some point in the future. With the flu we know one of these strains will turn lethal one day (happens about every 50 years) but they dont know which one it will be so we will get alerts every few years when a new strain emerges, and most of them will fade without being killers.

One day though...

this

although where the f**k do you find red and green herbs in glasgow to combine together, and the last i checked i needed a sword key to get out my house

I know a few people who might have some green herbs, they won't heal bites but they'll make you feel better ph34r.gifwhistling.gif

Life will be too short for sword keys, I'll get some sort of vehicle and among my many weapons, there will be a sledgehammer for doors.

I know a few people who might have some green herbs, they won't heal bites but they'll make you feel better ph34r.gifwhistling.gif

Life will be too short for sword keys, I'll get some sort of vehicle and among my many weapons, there will be a sledgehammer for doors.

nope, sorry forehead, standard virus outbreak rules apply, no matter how flimsy and shambolic the door is and no matter how powerful your weapons are, you must never break the door down and instead hunt the rest of the house for the key

...and other nations effectively quarantined the UK from that or any other real nasty deadly contagious disease (e.g. another outbreak of plague), how much would you be kacking it and what the hell would you do? Stay where you are, run away to your auntie's in Shetland for a short-notice holiday, run to the hills with the tent and a rucksack of baked beans? What about if you were around during the plague? It mystifies me why people back then not only thought that they'd be safer staying at home in the cities, but why people flocked to them in their thousands to die a grim death.

I'm not expecting anyone to come to the UK from Uganda and then suddenly develop signs over here, spreading it all over the Glasgow subway and infecting half of Glasgow but I always remember a documentary at the end of my 28 Days Later DVD. The general gist was that we're well overdue a massive outbreak virus, especially more so with the ease of travelling around the world these days and that's always kind of had me a bit edgy seeing as my generation has had a pretty easy ride compared to those before me.

If the news even mentions there's a chance of a petrol strike / shortage (i.e. something tiny in comparison), the country goes into a mass panic... then there were the North London riots after one shooting. Would British society crumble within days? unsure.gif

As I'll be fairly high up the going to die list, I'll be so not bothered.

So Ebola has signed for Sevco Scotland zombies and social unrest breaks out and Armageddon is around the corner?

Is that the gist of the thread :unsure: ? I knew it had moved from SPL forum but Gen Non...........

So Ebola has signed for Sevco Scotland zombies and social unrest breaks out and Armageddon is around the corner?

Is that the gist of the thread :unsure: ? I knew it had moved from SPL forum but Gen Non...........

Stewart Regan apparently tried to force the ebola virus into the SFL so they could get treated quicker

Stewart Regan apparently tried to force the ebola virus into the SFL so they could get treated quicker

To be fair, the SFL ended up with something far far worse than the Ebola virus............

Ebola is leathal if you get it but its not very infectious so so long as you dont kiss anyone with it and wash your hands in antibacterial gel you will be fine. Smallpox and the flu are the two likely to cause pandemics at some point in the future. With the flu we know one of these strains will turn lethal one day (happens about every 50 years) but they dont know which one it will be so we will get alerts every few years when a new strain emerges, and most of them will fade without being killers.

One day though...

Considering there are only two places in the world with samples of Smallpox, and it has been eradicated as a natural disease, its not going to be a future pandemic virus unless the durkadurkastanians somehow get their hands on it.

Considering there are only two places in the world with samples of Smallpox, and it has been eradicated as a natural disease, its not going to be a future pandemic virus unless the durkadurkastanians somehow get their hands on it.

That's what THEY want you to think..............................;)

• 2 years later...

Archived