The LOLverpool Thread

Sounds like a dig at Sturridge, not sure why. It's not his fault he gets paid that much or they don't.

Didn't he catch the ball during play? But he's a Nazi so I guess holding DiCanio up as a hero doesn't quite work.

Hardly relevant to what we're discussing here since he was caught and punished.

He isn't a nazi at all. He's a self-proclaimed Fascist. There is a slight difference.

Do folk on here actually think Suarez should have gone up to the referee after and ask for the goal to be disallowed? I do understand that Di Canio, Klose etc. have done this in the past, but 95% of footballers in that situation would say nothing, take the goal and run. Does that mean they're all cheats?

No, but not all of those players have the rightful reputation Suarez has. Firstly he shouldn't have deliberately handled it in the first place - not all players (or even the majority) would have done that. Secondly, it would have been a decent act by a player who really could do with some decent PR right now.

Are only attackers cheats?

How come Suarez is a cheat because he handled the ball and scored a goal, and he and others are cheats because they dive, but defenders who pull shirts and boot attackers on halfway to stop them breaking are committing "professional" fouls?

There's a difference between fouls committed in the process of going for a ball or approaching an opponent and those which take place from the player's own volition in order to gain an advantage.

Because people don't like Suarez.

If a Scotland player had won us an international and we'd qualified for a tournament it would be 'we deserve the break'

Remember that Italy game at Hampden?

The Bale dive in Cardiff?

The Italy game which had a perfectly good Italian goal ruled out?

I wasn't being fully serious when I called him a nazi but he's close enough so f**k clarity.

Indeed.

The Italy game which had a perfectly good Italian goal ruled out?

The point was Italy didn't say this isn't our free kick and give us the ball.

How many penalties has Suarez not got he should have?

Funny you don't apply the same logic as you do with Italy at Hampden.

If you hate Suarez that's fair dos, I hate certain Premiership players too, but let's be clear you hated him before the incident and people are using this to get carried away with themselves.

The point was Italy didn't say this isn't our free kick and give us the ball.

And Scotland didn't say "actually he wasn't offside, it's a perfectly legitimate goal" and "actually Barry Ferguson was offside, our goal shouldn't have counted".

Why do we "deserve the break"? When we got these two breaks in a game and still weren't good enough to win it.

I think what makes this whole thing even worse is that it'll be forgotten soon. Which means all of the "this means they're ALL cheats" patter will disappear along with it. And the next time this incident occurs and it's someone people likes, which is likely to happen, it'll be swept under the carpet quickly enough, and it'll be back to the same pish.

This entire thing is a bunch of meaningless grandstanding over an incident which is probably just as bad as any number of incidents you see in every single game of football.

I wish every Scotland player would learn to more clever like this. May result in us actually getting to a major tournament.

Not likely to be honest, some opportunistic cheating won't stop us having a population far too small to expect qualification.

You've proven my point

We go nuts at someone taken a dive against Scotland demanding he is banned, but if it was one of our players taking the dive..........

Oh sorry, I thought you were just putting him out there as a cheat.

You're bang on BTW. The way Scottish fans ran Miko out of Scotland was absolutely vile. They all conveniently forgot O'Connor but that was partly due to it being a media led witch-hunt against Miko.

ETA: I include the TA troglodytes in the Hearts support in that by the way as it was mainly them.

Edited by Hearts Daft

Oh sorry, I thought you were just putting him out there as a cheat.

You're bang on BTW. The way Scottish fans ran Miko out of Scotland was absolutely vile. They all conveniently forgot O'Connor but that was partly due to it being a media led witch-hunt against Miko.

ETA: I include the TA troglodytes in the Hearts support in that by the way as it was mainly them.

It's not just Scotland, they brand Suzrez a cheat for diving, but yet seem to always overlook Gerrard's dives over the years, or come up with crap excuses like "he was expecting contact"

We are total hypocrites, blame it all on the foreigners and try to take the moral high ground

I've even heard things being mentioned it's not the british players fault they dive, its' the foreigners who have brought this culture in :blink:

There's a difference between fouls committed in the process of going for a ball or approaching an opponent and those which take place from the player's own volition in order to gain an advantage.

I know there's a difference - that's why I deliberately mentioned defenders deliberately pulling shirts and deliberately kicking opponents to stop them breaking away.

These players never seem to incur the wrath of the cheat police though - why is that?

Defenders - break the rules of the game to prevent the opposition scoring a goal - 'professional foul.'

Suarez - breaks the rules of the game and chances his luck to score a goal - 'CHEAT, CHEAT, CHEAT, CHEAT!!'

:lol:

Joe Allen was absolutely terrible laugh.gif

Lavorpell ever competing with Manchester United again laugh.gif

Next year is their year laugh.gif

Liverpool actually looked quite decent after they went two down. I would hardly say getting beat by the team who are clearly going to win the league is that hilarious.