The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

Brewmeister - Pump'd (6%)

A festive pumpkin ale from Aldi. Nicer than expected. Actually reminds me slightly of the Anchor Christmas beer what with the slight spice to it. Wouldn't rush to pick up more but worth a try for £1.49.

Brewmeister are just a poor man's BrewDog who saw their success in Ellon and attempted to recreate it in Keith.

Speyside Brewery at Mulben just down the road is another story however (although I appreciate the real ale vs craft beer difference there).

Aye, fair enough. Sounds a bit harsh and unfair upon reflection. The general point still stands though.

Would be great to see them up their game, expand to the benefit of the local economy etc, just as Six Degrees North have managed with their rapid expansion down at Laurencekirk off the back of the craze which BrewDog seem to have kicked off. The competition seems to have helped rather than hinder them, especially with Aberdeen now having a popular 'craft beer quarter' with Bottle Cap Brewery also cashing in. Not seen anything from the latter outside of that brewery-bar yet though.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Was at the Black Dog in Manchester last week, was a bit disappointed with the ales they had on.

Had a few pints of Meantime London Pale Ale, not bad but I would have expected better for £4.60 a pint.

The only other Ale was bottled, Stevens Point IPA, a U.S. beer, really tasty with a decent kick. Pretty sure the Abv was 5.5 but had a few of them so can't be certain.

post-17749-0-79329800-1445000939_thumb.j

post-17749-0-73633600-1445000956_thumb.j

My new local just 20m from my desk (as the crow flies) is doing Edinburgh Castle on tap (or pump, whatever). It's perilously good. Noticed that bottles of it have popping up along supermarket shelves the last few months too. Had never even heard of it* before then.

*The beer, not the actual castle. Been there, ripped off entry fee, got the magnet etc.

My new local just 20m from my desk (as the crow flies) is doing Edinburgh Castle on tap (or pump, whatever). It's perilously good. Noticed that bottles of it have popping up along supermarket shelves the last few months too. Had never even heard of it* before then.

*The beer, not the actual castle. Been there, ripped off entry fee, got the magnet etc.

It's a revamped version of caley 80. And it's shite. Far too hoppy.

Anyone sampled Pavlov's Dog? Is it any good?

Need to head down to Aldi's tomorrow on the coupon run to pick a few Williams Bro's tipples up for after the football.

Got it today, fairly decent. I enjoyed it and will definitely get it again.

The best Williams Ale, currently, is Perfect Storm, don't miss this. Enjoy.