The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

Had a wee bit of a donner round Stretford tonight.

Had some Ruddles County, and Greene Kings Fireside in the Robin Hood, then headed to th Sip Club for several pints of Blackjacks The Pokies. Quality ale only 3.6 but tastes stronger than that. Excellent. Never been let down by any of Blackjack's brews.

Edited by TheLip69

Having a a couple of bottles of the Eden Mill Bourbon Barrel. They produce some lovely stuff, particularly their one off lines. Although I really like the chocolate/vanilla combo in this my favourite was the claret finished barrel.

Anyone had some of their stuff and enjoyed it? Did the tour and was impressed with the variety of beers produced for such a small facility.

post-6258-14512502501581_thumb.jpg

We went last year as a stag party group and I think it was only £7 a head. We all got a couple of pints and a tasting session included for that price. It was excellent and they did say the tours were to raise awareness and inform people, they weren't designed to make money. I do prefer their more traditional stuff but they do a great job in trying to offer your bog standard tennents drinker a suitable alternative with their lighter range.

Since I did the tour I look out for the stuff, theres always a limited edition run available somewhere and it's usually well priced.

Edited by maccanee