Strange dreams

I've developed a recurring dream over the past month that I'm supposed to be attending lectures at uni and that there's a whole set of courses that I was supposed to be at that I haven't been to at all, invoking a mad panic that I'm going to fail the degree. I graduated 12 years ago.

Seems from an online search that this seems to be relatively common, although getting an answer about the reasoning behind it is a bit more difficult (no thanks to the "I also have dreams, but about a missing cat instead" reply brigade).

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've developed a recurring dream over the past month that I'm supposed to be attending lectures at uni and that there's a whole set of courses that I was supposed to be at that I haven't been to at all, invoking a mad panic that I'm going to fail the degree. I graduated 12 years ago.

I get that one a lot too. Usually ends with me deciding "sod it" and exiting the classroom/lecture hall via the power of flight, which I have suddenly discovered or decided I possess.

• 4 weeks later...

This morning I had a dream that I was getting a taxi from Edinburgh to Perth. The driver said he needed to go through all these wee villages in Fife and that the price for the journey would be £700.  I said that would be fine but then I realised I didn't have £700.  I then decided that I'd pay for my fare by carving a wooden baby seat for him and I started doing this in the back of his taxi.

I woke up at 4:45am when I sneezed, waking up my two month old son and annoying my wife considerably.

On 3/28/2018 at 15:45, nsr said:

I get that one a lot too. Usually ends with me deciding "sod it" and exiting the classroom/lecture hall via the power of flight, which I have suddenly discovered or decided I possess.

I get that.

Lucid dreaming when you realise its just a dream & suddenly can fly/use the force etc.

The other night I dreamt that I was listening to football on the radio and Thomas Stickroth scored for St. Mirren. Why someone who played here nigh on 30 years ago is in my subconscious is anyone's guess.

I had a dream last night I was playing for Rangers at Ibrox against a team called Yerevan who were playing all in yellow. (I've since discovered that Yerevan is the capital of Armenia, though I'm unsure if their football team wears yellow.) I was being pulled about in the midfield by this big fat old bearded *** wearing their 2015/16 top (the one when Motherwell beat them in the playoffs), being told where to go and stand, like it was a game of table football, because every time I moved the rest of the team moved in the same direction.  Chris Sutton was also in the midfield for Rangers for some reason. Part of their stands were also missing, the stand to the right of the main was gone completely and the two along the length of the pitch had bits missing up at the top. At half time I walked out of the stadium this way because I was actually a Yerevan player not a Rangers player, and by leaving Rangers would be a man down and not realise it. I snuck away so none of the raging Rangers fans would see me and snuck away to my Granny Sanchez's house who lives round the corner.

Later on in the dream I was in some event room inside Ibrox with Tam Cowan and Stewart Cosgrove. We were getting drunk and drawing/writing increasingly rude things on the tablecloths. There was a French girl waitressing in the room who was with us, and I made us all leave before anyone discovered the picture I'd drawn of Lorenzo Amoruso, taking all the tablecloths with us just to be sure.

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Part of their stands were also missing, the stand to the right of the main was gone completely and the two along the length of the pitch had bits missing up at the top.

^^^ Transmission from the future IMO.

Hasn't happened yet, but this is the time of year when I usually start getting the World Cup dream; I suddenly realise it started weeks ago and I somehow avoided knowing about it. Scotland have qualified and are doing really well, and I've missed it all.

I'd imagine this isn't a common dream with the younger generation  :(

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

^^^ Transmission from the future IMO.

Hasn't happened yet, but this is the time of year when I usually start getting the World Cup dream; I suddenly realise it started weeks ago and I somehow avoided knowing about it. Scotland have qualified and are doing really well, and I've missed it all.

I'd imagine this isn't a common dream with the younger generation  :(

Has John Robertson handed you the ball yet?

I have had a few dreams that I am playing for Scotland at Hampden and the fans don't like me because they don't think I should be playing. They probably have a point though, I'm shite at football.

Edited by Richey Edwards

I was staying overnight at the a Euro Hostel on Clyde street in Glasgow last week. I fell asleep and started to dream that I was shagging Agyness Deyn. Just as I was about to shoot my load a bunch of Celtic fans gathered outside my window and started singing anti-rangers songs. The c***s woke me up at exactly the wrong possble moment.

c***s! 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I have had a few dreams that I am playing for Scotland at Hampden and the fans don't like me because they don't think I should be playing. They probably have a point though, I'm shite at football.

It's your own fault for signing for Rangers in the basement, Ian.

I occasionally have a dream where I see a nucleur bomb go off in the distance and get this horrible, horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that they're about to go off all over the place.

Been nuked to death at least once before waking up.

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I occasionally have a dream where I see a nucleur bomb go off in the distance and get this horrible, horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that they're about to go off all over the place.

How much did it burn? Was it like having your arm/leg on the radiator for to long?

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Are you the wee boy from Empire Of The Sun?

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Do you need a shit when you wake up?