Strange dreams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Last night i was at the shows in England somewhere. Came off the Waltzers and a crowd of folk were watching @johnnydun running around wi an egg on a spoon.

I just have this way of entertaining people. 😄

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I blame the hour of 7.30-8.30 last night. 

If it makes you feel any better that slight knock that felt like nothing at all last night, is really painful today. Feels like a bruised rib.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

If it makes you feel any better that slight knock that felt like nothing at all last night, is really painful today. Feels like a bruised rib.

“RIGHT ON THE TIT”

Spoiler

Sorry about that!

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

“RIGHT ON THE TIT”

Hide contents

Sorry about that!

Nay worries min, it was all accidental. 

A coming together of great tits!

Edited by johnnydun

• 1 month later...

I had a dream last night that I was cycling back to Edinburgh from a meeting in Glasgow. The chain came off my bike in some Lanarkshire backroad but I decided that I could just go down hills and try and push the bike along on flat bits. 

I crossed a busy road (M74 stand in) and ended up in Falkirk late at night. Passed through a shopping centre and got trapped in a store that was being cleaned by a lot of people. I managed to get out of that and kept going. I came to a warren of backstreets and went through an exhibition in an old tenement dedicated to Hugh McDiarmid. Through some more back streets and I said "This is Armadale" and then the outskirts of Edinburgh. I eventually ended up taking a kip in a garden near my house in the sunshine as it was morning by this time. 

My brain is very good at making very realistic imaginary cityscapes when dreaming. It's not so good at geography (Falkirk to Armadale going east and it's near Edinburgh?!). 

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a long dream I got sent to Rwanda. The house was nice enough but so much happened. Whenever I tried to use the windows on the bedroom or the bathroom the blinds would go up and down on their own. I tried opening a window and when I shut it the frame and the stone in the wall itself crumbled and the window wouldn't shut. It was raining the whole time. At first I was there with Maw Sanchez but later on I think I had a wife and child. I didn't have a job at first but then I was filling in for one of the Dessner brothers from The National (I told him I couldn't tell them apart). We played for a bit in my Standard Grade English class. I liked playing the riff from The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness. In the class there was a poster on the wall for Pulp and Taylor Swift among others playing Reading in 2025. When finished I was talking to Aaron about replacing him and he said I needed to know all of the parts before I did, I couldn't just go in. I said I really wanted to and I'd try really hard. He had a massive pile of paper he told me was new songs I had to learn

While this was happening I realised there was an Australian woman who'd broken in and been stealing stuff, including one of those portable plug in heaters. This belonged to The National and when I had the woman pinned to the floor I was frantically waving with my left arm motioning they didn't have to buy a new one. I think she tried to steal other stuff including my passport, and it turned out she had a big stash of stuff she'd stolen from other people. She said she was doing it to provide for her daughter. I hadn't actually been outside by this point, I was too afraid of keeping the curtains and blinds shut.

I phoned the police. When I picked up the handset it broke in two so I had to hold it carefully. I got through to a guy who asked me what my officer number was. This was written on some paperwork I had that was difficult to read. When I found it and spoke again on the phone I thought the guy was gone but he came back eventually and put me on hold while listening to the Birdie Song. While on the phone I had to keep closing the blinds and windows.

Meanwhile in the living room, whichever Dessner it was was accompanied by Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics doing a very strained Rod Stewart impression. When I told him how much I hate Rod Stewart. Their music improved as the windows behind them became a video screen, giant pictures of Jim Kerr and Ian Curtis behind the stage at the Barrowlands while the former played Someone Somewhere in Summertime.

While on hold I kept getting my daughter to stop leaving things open and lying around in case we got robbed again. It was late at night and the door went. Loads of Royal Mail workers were outside. It turned out my wife had a job, but we hadn't known. She went out to talk to them while I put our daughter to bed. After my wife was outside loads of Royal Mail workers (in the old navy uniform like Chris from Still Game) were walking towards the crowd outside my door, then pairs of adults and children (oppositely gendered) started walking through my living room to reach them.

Then a bird outside woke me up and I've spent the past 25 minutes typing this. I feel like I'm going to die. At least my wife was hit.

Dreamt last night that my auntie died and left me a garage. It was delivered to my house and put in my back garden. From the outside it looked like an ordinary garage, but on the inside it was fitted out like a luxury hotel room. 

32 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Dreamt last night that my auntie died and left me a garage. It was delivered to my house and put in my back garden. From the outside it looked like an ordinary garage, but on the inside it was fitted out like a luxury hotel room. 

Was your Auntie Captain Tom's daughter?