Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

OK lets assume the share price is 25.75p and the company goes into admin, according to phil many names and all of P & B this is not really assuming, so now your shares are worth next to nothing, this tends to happen when companies go into admin, but hey why would these share holders piddle about with them, after all its only £16.76M

Oh dear Tedi - ok round 2 (remember that the major funds don't care a toss about ra Gers)

The major players can go into administration next week with few worries - the PLC has no major external creditors - they could do a quickie Admin and come out the other end, having broken any troublesome contracts in the meantime and having restructured the business to reflect it's toxic and non-toxic parts. The property will now reside wholly with the PLC (in lieu of the debts owed to it by TRFC Ltd). What have they lost? Indeed, with the clearer division of the constituent parts, it might be easier to offload the toxic, loss-making part of the business (the footballing side) to Dave the Rave or a fan consortium. yours for £10 mill, but we keep the tangible assets.

The Administration of the International will be nothing like the Administration of Rangers 1872 who owed millions upon millions to external creditors that they couldn't fund.

Edited by NotfromFifehonest

Ok so you must be an expert then.

In your expert opinion, if you owned a million pounds worth of TRIFC shares would you (A) hold on to them or (B) Get rid as fast as humanly possible?

You would not be locked in, the lock ins were for 12 months and expired a short while ago, there was of course a predicted stampede to sell these shares on the day, well maybe not a stampede.

Yes I get that not many people seem confident that RFC are 'under valued' surely if the owners of these £16.75M shares thought they were over valued then they would get rid? I go back to my original point, impending admin, no cash, CEO walking, nobody getting paid, all true according to Phil.

LOL Teddi - Believe me mate - I'm not an expert - a look at my portfolio will testify to that :bairn

What I mean about being " locked in " though...... You are right enough about what may be a " locked in " period sometimes with Directors or II's buying shares ( sometimes ) but " locked in " is just a term used when the value of the sp means it is not worth selling just now.... I'll give you a quick example....

There was a share a few weeks ago SULA which rose from 2p ish to 7.5p ish in about 3 weeks ( about 3 weeks ago ) - it's now back to trading at 3.25p

The share rose massively on anticipation of news - more than 3 bagged ! When the news came, people sold - that's the name of the game in the AIM market ( where shares are up and down like an Airdrie girls under wear :P - not as stable as FTSE ) but anyway..... If you have shares in SULA - You can sell them for 3.2p today - not much good if you bought them 2 weeks ago at 6p ? or 7p ? Of course, it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that in six months time they will be worth 10p so a nice profit even if you bought at 7p, but the guys who DID buy at 7p are now " locked in " if you see what I mean ?

I've got shares in a company who have been from 4p - 24p - 6p - 16p - currently trading at 1.25p !! There ARE guys I know who own shares in that company bought at 20p + !! for them ( lets keep the maths simple ) their £20k investment is now worth less than £1.5k - so they don't sell because - maybe even if they never get their £20k back - they can sell now for £1.5k - or maybe next year for £5k ? who knows ? In all honesty as well, it's hard for some to sell and realise the loss - as they say, you don't make anything / lose anything till you press the Buy / Sell button.... You can also call it choosing to live in denial ! :bag

II's ( Institutional Investors ) are different from PI's ( Private Investors ) II's are much more likely to take the long view for a start and don't just dump shares as easily as PI's - but II's lose money as well - II's generally own big chunks of shares in terms of numbers so would be more likely to drip shares into the market whilst trying to keep the sp stable rather than just dump millions and ( a ) get a shit price and (b) cause a stampede....

The stock market is ruled by two things - Fear and Greed - nobody knows whether to be fearful or Greedy with RFC - Even at this price - It's not really a good sign

Tedi - I buy and sell shares practically every day - I don't pay that much attention to RFC but I did post it was a slam dunk short at 80 odd p ( I post as mikeboy on LSE ) - You can check that if you can be arsed bud...... ;) Believe me, If I thought I could make a few £ from the rise OR fall of RFC I would be happy to do so.... For me - one is football - the other is far more important - making money !!!

But there's too much smoke and mirrors for me - I don't know if, as Phil so eloquently puts it " they are fucked " or not - nobody does..... But the share might rise or fall a bit - even a dead cat bounces if you drop it off a sky scrapper !!

As I said though, a lot of people will be " locked in " - that's to say there is not much point in selling - The value of their investment is gone ( some need a 300% rise just to break even ) so they might as well sit on a major paper loss in the " hope " that things improve rather than sell out and actually realise that loss..... If you bought 1000 shares at 0.75 you still have 1000 shares - who knows where the sp might be next week / year ( if the club still exists ) ?

The fact that nobody is buying them doesn't suggest " the market " has confidence they will rise ? And for reasons outlined above - there is fair reason ( ie people being locked in ) that people aren't selling.... Also, as I already mentioned - football clubs aren't like other businesses - " fans" want to own part of the club, regardless of sp - as they actually have an emotional attachment to them - so are not looking so much to trade for profits.... Most " traders / investors " I know, couldn't give a fk about what a company does or is - only if they can make a profit.....

Buying and selling shares is all about betting whether the market is giving fair value at the time you buy or sell surely ? Not many people seem confident that the value of RFC is "under valued " and worth a punt...... Tells you something ;)

If you are so clued up Mike, why say about fans wanting to own part of the club? The shares the fans of Rangers Inter bought were shares in the company, silly Billy. Oops, silly bhoy.

If you are so clued up Mike, why say about fans wanting to own part of the club? The shares the fans of Rangers Inter bought were shares in the company, silly Billy. Oops, silly bhoy.

What mate ? - You suggesting the masses at Ibroke suddenly decided to dip their toes in the stock market and just happened to decide to buy shares in RFC ? And that their decision has nothing to do with " The Rangers football team " ?

I'm not sure I understand your question ? If you can explain what you mean ( imagine you are talking to a small child lol ) then I'll answer it as best I can :)

BTW - I'm not saying " I'm that clued up " in stocks and shares but it's pretty much what I do and I've been buying / selling / watching the stock market for a number of years now - so I do know a wee bit ;)

From Hargreave's Lansdown

http://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/r/rangers-international-football-club-ord-1p

Who was buying the small number traded today?

A lot of these small trades are just " rounding up " trades - could be for a share builder scheme or something like that - bare in mind it costs about £12 to buy and then about £12 to sell normally so nobody is buying / selling that much for a profit..... Either that or maybe it's giro day ?

Thank god we have all these celtic supporting broker`s, city wizz kids, CA`s and QC`s looking after our interests, it really is a comfort.

someone has to look after your club/company's interest cause your board certainly don't. Otherwise you lot wouldn't be in the financial mess your in.

someone has to look after your club/company's interest cause your board certainly don't. Otherwise you lot wouldn't be in the financial mess your in.

:) Exactly Scott, we need to protect the most vulnerable and weak willed people in society from financial predators. And they are the people they keep telling us. :lol:

Sound advice HB ;):thumsup2

Seriously Mike !, Tedi's accounting skills are so pathetic and he has left a trail of stupidity all over P&B as a testament to his finger counting number crunching. :lol:

He has even tried to delete his posts where he has fucked it up immensely and gotten it all completely wrong, but the replies to his bad accounting are there for all to see. :)

He even claimed back in late 2012 that The Clone Rangers would be turning over a healthy profit for this season ? :lol: . How did that turn out Tedi ?, and I've noticed you have already spunked the red dots already on yer aliases today and will have to wait another 24 hours to get yer deluded twisted revenge on them for me showing up how thick you are at times. :lol: