Clach info

welshbairn

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

With today's game p-p again, why dont Clach A use Grant Park ? Just wondering, would save a fixture backlog.

There's only meant to be the HL cup final today. I think the 2 HL games on today are catch up games.

50 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Realise that there were rescheduled games - i meant the Clach A side in the North Caledonian Lge ⚽️  Dependant on work & weather i maybe back in November - my last visit of the season 😒

Clach reserves have started using Black Rock Park in Evanton for their home games, easy to get to by bus. Saturday's game was rained off.

Edited by welshbairn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Buckie v Clach has switched from Grant Park, Lossiemouth to Victoria Park, Buckie, at late notice. Still saying Grant Park on the official Highland League website. By the way, the new social media guy at Clach has been doing a great job of keeping us up to date and providing great content like regular post match interviews etc. Liking this new community thing...

• 3 weeks later...

Thought Clach played okay, for the most part. The first penalty shout by Brechin unless the Clach lad got a toe on it I am not sure how it wasn't given. The other two, I was down by the tea bar so couldn't make it out properly.

Edited by Comrie

20 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Thought Clach played okay, for the most part. The first penalty shout by Berwick unless the Clach lad got a toe on it I am not sure how it wasn't given. The other two, I was down by the tea bar so couldn't make it out properly.

Brechin not Berwick!

5 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Brechin not Berwick!

Aye, my mistake. I'll blame that ill advised double of Ardbeg in the Nip Inn.

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Thought Clach played okay, for the most part. The first penalty shout by Brechin unless the Clach lad got a toe on it I am not sure how it wasn't given. The other two, I was down by the tea bar so couldn't make it out properly.

The one in the first half was a definite foul anywhere else on the park. Jumped in with two feet, the explanation was that he got the ball, which he did, but it doesn’t matter if he got the ball or not. 

second shout was never a pen, Grady just took too long to shoot and the guy made a great tackle. 

Third shout I thought was a pen and the reaction of the players tells you they thought it was a pen too. 

I thought we looked like a team fully devoid of confidence until we scored then there was no looking back. But not convincing at all!!

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Is this something that was expected? There was short lad with glasses near me at one point who kept getting asked questions and would say nothing about it yesterday.

https://www.clachfc.co.uk/news_article.php?id=100

Been away for a few weeks but certainly wasn't expecting it. You could imagine all sorts of reasons for one of them standing down, not so much for all three. I thought they were doing a good job, it's a bit worrying about who they can find to step forward and replace them.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Is this something that was expected? There was short lad with glasses near me at one point who kept getting asked questions and would say nothing about it yesterday.

https://www.clachfc.co.uk/news_article.php?id=100

Was at the game yesterday and clearly the board have resigned en masse as some sort of extreme reaction to that. Would be interested to know the real story.