Royal bun in the oven

kiwififer

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it not plausible that the nurse was having suicidal thoughts before this even happened?

I find it hard to believe that you would kill yourself for the sole reason of being the victim of a prank call.

Possibly but I'm guessing this incident acted as a trigger

Is it not plausible that the nurse was having suicidal thoughts before this even happened?

I find it hard to believe that you would kill yourself for the sole reason of being the victim of a prank call.

If it's the girl on the BBC clip, she sounded pretty fed up already, when the call came in. Doesn't matter though, we should blame the Aussies anyway.

What pressure was she under at work? Dont let the DJs be used to shield her bosses.

It would be interesting to know how they reacted to the prank call, in terms of what disciplinary measures, if any, were instituted.

I would say so, but the pressure on her after the phone call would an awful lot to handle, possible disciplinary action as well as abuse from Newspapers or people mocking her for being so gullible.

Hopefully Those radio presenters will see what their attention seeking behaviour has done. Maybe it'll stop the tabloid hysteria a bit, we can only hope.

Very few people kill themselves for a 'sole' reason.

However once she became part of a world wide story there was a duty to ensure that if she had any emotional\mental health issues, her work did not allow the pressure she had come under due to her job making her situation worse.

This is purely an assumption, but I'd imagine that the UK tabloid press - the same press that I also have no doubt will go on a moral outrage shit storm at everyone involved bar themselves in the coming days - will have been absolutely hounding the lassie the last few days trying to get quotes and photos, etc. If that's the case, which I'd imagine it is, it certainly can't have helped.

Very sad situation.

the nurse's name sounds south asian which maybe explains something.

possibly not culturally aware enough to realise that prince charles doesn't actually phone up randoms and asian culture deals with shame very differently to the west.

This is purely an assumption, but I'd imagine that the UK tabloid press - the same press that I also have no doubt will go on a moral outrage shit storm at everyone involved bar themselves in the coming days - will have been absolutely hounding the lassie the last few days trying to get quotes and photos, etc. If that's the case, which I'd imagine it is, it certainly can't have helped.

Very sad situation.

Exactly this. Nobody knows right now if she was already suicidal but what you say about the press hounding her I imagine to be spot on. Of course some of the blame will lie with the DJ's but it's hardly their fault things have ended like this. What could they be charged with anyway?

Archived