Scottish Football Reconstruction

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Err no. You'll find your club along with twenty-eight others from the SFL will have the chance on Thursday to excercise their democratic right on whether this idea is adopted.

Disagree with the proposals all you like but don't misrepresent the situation.n

Point taken. Not the most accurate of statements but the sentiment remains. The SPL are attempting to drive through change for their sole benefit under the guise of 'better for all'.

I believe the SFL clubs will vote this down. I hope I'm correct.

Point taken. Not the most accurate of statements but the sentiment remains. The SPL are attempting to drive through change for their sole benefit under the guise of 'better for all'.

Really? If they do then it's the status quo...probably until the SPL can buy off the Division One clubs and the SFL rump will be cast aside IMO

Surely better to get the combined league body, put up with the 12-12-18 for the 3 years or whatever it has to be and then worry about the league structure

Naturally I'm inclined to be suspicious of the SPL as you are too, but I think we have to give something a go and I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. Particularly so given I quite like the format of their set up.

I think it'll be a close run thing but if they agree to the 2014/2015 season then I think it could make it through. I also completely agree with Ed when he says that the SPL won't take a 'no' vote lying down. It'll end up being a privatised twenty-four including their pals at SevCo and whoever else they think are profitable enough.

1359396343[/url]' post='7026615']

Really? If they do then it's the status quo...probably until the SPL can buy off the Division One clubs and the SFL rump will be cast aside IMO

Surely better to get the combined league body, put up with the 12-12-18 for the 3 years or whatever it has to be and then worry about the league structure

Well, that old depend largely on the new voting format, which moving forward is far more important than any league structure. If its one club one vote then I wouldn't necessarily be against the new format, as if it turned out to be a failure it could be democratically changed in future. If however its weighted voting rights for the larger clubs, and that seems to be the opinion of my club's chairman, then I'd be categorically against the proposal.

Well, that old depend largely on the new voting format, which moving forward is far more important than any league structure. If its one club one vote then I wouldn't necessarily be against the new format, as if it turned out to be a failure it could be democratically changed in future. If however its weighted voting rights for the larger clubs, and that seems to be the opinion of my club's chairman, then I'd be categorically against the proposal.

Deciding on anything on the basis you can change it again is not a great decision making thought process.

1359399748[/url]' post='7026765']

Deciding on anything on the basis you can change it again is not a great decision making thought process.

Well yes. I'd agree completely, but the point is that the voting rights are far more important than the league structure. If they have to come as a package, and that's currently what the SPL propose, then getting a democratic voting structure is the 'win' as far as I'm concerned.

Let's assume that the people running SPL clubs aren't entirely the fucking idiots they are often painted as and let's also assume that they haven't collectively been infected with terminal naivety or overwhelmed with a sudden attack of philanthropy, then I'd imagine that it's pretty safe to assume that the 3-2-1 voting previously suggested is going to be tied into a minimum two-thirds majority requirement (which means the third tier 18 require all the second tier 12 plus FOUR of the top tier 12 to effect change).

There is NOT under any circumstances and nor should there be 1 Club, 1 Vote

1359402162[/url]' post='7026922']

Why the Hell would the full time pro clubs put their futures in the hands of part-time clubs?

Since when did Scottish football consist of only SPL clubs?

Their futures? The future of Scottish football should be about what's right for the entire game, not a select number of self serving clubs based on league position. If that doesn't suit their agenda then tough sh!t. Full-time SPL clubs broke away for the exact purpose of controlling their own destiny, and made a rip roaring arse of it.

Your logic is also fucking laughable. Let's apply it to general society, start giving the middle class three votes in future general elections. Somewhere in between? You can have two. Working class? Sorry pal just the one for you. After all, why would the rich and successful put their futures in the hands of the poor.

Laughable.

Since when did Scottish football consist of only SPL clubs?

Their futures? The future of Scottish football should be about what's right for the entire game, not a select number of self serving clubs based on league position. If that doesn't suit their agenda then tough sh!t. Full-time SPL clubs broke away for the exact purpose of controlling their own destiny, and made a rip roaring arse of it.

Your logic is also fucking laughable. Let's apply it to general society, start giving the middle class three votes in future general elections. Somewhere in between? You can have two. Working class? Sorry pal just the one for you. After all, why would the rich and successful put their futures in the hands of the poor.

Laughable.

What a fucking Drama Queen. You only just managed to stop short of the old "this isn't a million miles away from what Adolf Hitler was about". We're talking about football, not society in general so let's not apply comparisons that are hysterical, knicker wetting bollocks.

I presume when the pyramid is in place (if your democratically minded clubs deign to allow it of course) you will be demanding a 1 club, 1 vote for all 400 clubs all the way down the ladder to Pleasure Park FC.

Well, of course you will...

1359404595[/url]' post='7027037']

I presume when the pyramid is in place (if your democratically minded clubs deign to allow it of course) you will be demanding a 1 club, 1 vote for all 400 clubs all the way down the ladder to Pleasure Park FC.

1359404595[/url]' post='7027037']

What a fucking Drama Queen.

Hmm...!

Everyone bar Inverurie Locos gets a vote. East Stirlingshie will dictate to the Locos, being the bigger club n that.

I think this is the pragmatic approach... provided: [1] fair Board and voting rights (which doesn't see "the 18" sidelined or put at the mercy of the 24) and [2] fair ground criteria, promotion-relegation, and financial breakdowns.

Also I'd prefer any restructure next summer, versus moving goalposts now.

Wrong. If we're talking about merging in to one, unified body, then it absolutely should be 1 club 1 vote.

It won't be, though.

British Premier League

20 teams including Rangers and Celtic

British Championship

24 teams including Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United

British League 1

24 teams including, Dundee, Killmarnock, Motherwell and ICT.

5 Regional Feeder Leagues

South East,

South West & Wales,

Midlands,

North,

Scotland

Pyramids down from each feeder league.

International football? Meh..

Just going off club size as opposed to how good each club are at the moment.

With all due respect that's a shocking idea and you clearly know next to diddly about English Geography. You think there are as many clubs in the South West and Wales as the 'North'. I have news for you, there are more clubs in Yorkshire alone than the South West and Wales.

Oh and we don't want or need any Scottish clubs down here thanks and we certainly don't want those 2 bigoted ones.

I support a premier league team (Sunderland) which has zero chance of winning the thing, what incentive is there for us to invite 2 other clubs into our top flight, thereby relegating 2 extra English clubs, which could easily end up being mine?

There is a very simple solution to this Rangers and Celtic into England thing. All they have to do is apply to join the second division of the Northern Alliance. This league includes teams in Cumbria. They could then move their grounds to Carlisle and apply to join the English FA. After just one year, they could be up and running and playing in the English pyramid and a mere 14 years later they could be playing in the Premiership. Anyone club could do this, even one that does not currently exist. We could start a Pie and Bovril FC and be in the champions league before the high speed rail link is finished.

It really is that simple, but I suspect these two clubs are far too arrogant to do this and may even want to continue playing in Scotland ,after they supposedly 'leave'.rolleyes.gif

Archived