Scottish Football Reconstruction

Turkish Super league 2006/07 – 18 teams – total attendance4,301,748 – RANKING 11

Belgian Pro league (premier) 2010/11 – 16 teams – totalattendance 3,478,914 – RANKING 12

Scottish premier 2010/11 – 12 teams - total attendance 3,118,356 – RANKING 18

Russian Premier 2010– 16 teams - total attendance 3,118,356– RANKING 7

Portuguese Liga (premier) 2010/11 – 16 teams - total attendance 2,419,683 – RANKING 5

Ukrainian Premier 2010/11 – 16 teams – total attendance 2,215,310 – RANKING 9

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed the "breaking news" on SSN...Chuckie will urge the rangers board to seek a route out of scottish football if the proposed restructuring goes ahead. :o

OK..I've changed my mind, i'm all for this 12-12-18 set up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just noticed the "breaking news" on SSN...Chuckie will urge the rangers board to seek a route out of scottish football if the proposed restructuring goes ahead. :o

Maybe they could try some more tax avoidance, racking up further unsustainable debt levels, play fast and loose again with EBTs, and generally act the Joe Cnut again.

That policy very nearly saw them find a route out of Scottish football the last time.... worth another try Charlie Chuckles.

British Premier League

20 teams including Rangers and Celtic

British Championship

24 teams including Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United

British League 1

24 teams including, Dundee, Killmarnock, Motherwell and ICT.

5 Regional Feeder Leagues

South East,

South West & Wales,

Midlands,

North,

Scotland

Pyramids down from each feeder league.

International football? Meh..

Just going off club size as opposed to how good each club are at the moment.

So these proposals might have one positive benefit?

Where will they go? Belfast?

Looking at the EPL there is only 3-4 realistic title challengers, a few more looking to get a european place, a few fighting relegation and the rest just landing somewhere about the middle but every club gets decent attendance figures as their club makes decent signings every year as they all get/have a decent amount of money to play with.

They get decent attendance figures because they have many more, much bigger population centres, which is why their overall population is ten times bigger than ours.

The cash comes from that and marketing of a big glamorous league. There is no lesson in there for us at all.

We don't need some ill-defined cash injection that won't ever arrive. We need to better use, and better distribute such money as we can generate.

The Rangers get their wish and leave, will the income they receive playing in non league football (as none of the football league clubs will want them) be worse and it will be years before they reach the holy grail of premier league.

While all the mental ideas are being thrown out I'll propose my two cents

In the top league 16 teams play 32 30 games in a league. Top eight teams then go in a playoff competition where they play a two legged tie, the draw would be

Quarter One ----> Semi one

1st vs 8th Winner of q1 and q2

Quarter two --------> Final (One game at Hampden)

4th vs 5th

Quarter three ----> Semi 2

2nd vs 7th WInner of q3 and q4

Quarter four

3rd vs 6th

European Places could be sorted by the final and a 3rd place playoff.

The bottom half teams have two automatically relegated places and a final spot is decided by a playoff between the teams in 3nd -5th of the second tier

Second tier is 16 teams, 32 30 games top two get automatic promotion, 3rd to 5th play in a playoff to get promoted as mentioned.

Relegation is the bottom team and a playoff between 2nd bottom and 2nd to 4th of the third tier

Third tier

10 teams play each other four times making 36 games

Top team -automatic promotion, 2nd to 4th playoff as mentioned.

One team relegated to non league.

I don't really know the non league structure so I can't comment.

Edit I am an absolute moron.

What's the matter?

...how many games do teams in a 16 team league play - hint its not 32 :blink:

Try to find out from your club what benefits will they get from this proposed 12-12-18 set up.

I personally wouldnt trust Messrs Regan, Doncaster and now it seems Longmuir not to have some hidden agenda to disadvantage the smaller clubs. Imo they are trying to rush through a vote. If it is such a good proposal it should be properly scrutinised.

As it is only a proposal it can be stopped but only if the SFL clubs show some solidarity.

Act now before it is too late.

Try to find out from your club what benefits will they get from this proposed 12-12-18 set up.

I personally wouldnt trust Messrs Regan, Doncaster and now it seems Longmuir not to have some hidden agenda to disadvantage the smaller clubs. Imo they are trying to rush through a vote. If it is such a good proposal it should be properly scrutinised.

As it is only a proposal it can be stopped but only if the SFL clubs show some solidarity.

Act now before it is too late.

Their plans to implement it for next season is ludicrous, any changes should be implemented from the following year. The goalposts should not be moved midway through the season, Morton are having their best season for years but face the prospect of not being promoted should they win the league. Madness IMO.

Donald Findlay was on the news earlier and was saying that nobody at Cowdenbeath has any idea what benefits, if any, these changes will bring to them. They have had no discussions at all at boardroom level yet Regan and co are presenting this as a done deal. Something stinks IMO.

Morton are having their best season for years but face the prospect of not being promoted should they win the league. Madness IMO.

Why would they not be promoted? There will still be 12 teams in the top division if the plan is implemented. Think it's only the SFL3 promotion race and prossibly relegation from SFL1 that are rendered meaningless at this point.

Donald Findlay was on the news earlier and was saying that nobody at Cowdenbeath has any idea what benefits, if any, these changes will bring to them. They have had no discussions at all at boardroom level yet Regan and co are presenting this as a done deal.

It's being presented as an Agreement in Principle. Although it was interesting to hear on Sportsound that Findlay, and the Chairs at Falkirk and Alloa are not completely 'up to speed' on the detail.

12 - 12 -18 just another excuse of labeling the SFA as a laughing stock.

Scottish Premier League - No improvement at all.

Scottish Championship - Slight improvement with more competition.But only the same standard as the Mickey Mouse set-up as the SPL.

Scottish National League - 18 teams that have wasted their time in the last 12 months.I only hope that with this being 18,then we won't have to play each other 4 times a season - which is a load of shite. Infact,it might even be better staying in this one.But maybe that's the thoery behind the idea of keeping us out of the way.

For me,it should be 18 - 12 - 12.Where maybe by chance, the standard of our football will start the get half-decent.Instead of the monotonous drivel we have to watch week-in week-out.

For the amount of money these muppets get paid.I really expected them to come up something a lot better that this pish rolleyes.gif

Archived