Belfast Council remove Union Flag

~~~

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazingly, there actually appears to be an Ulsterman with a sense of humour. :o

Stephen Kitson, corporate communications director at Kia Motors UK, said the implications of the Provo's name were equally unintended.

"This car is a showcase, it's a little bit of frivolity, it's for a motor show in Switzerland designed by an Italian at a design studio in Frankfurt," he said.

"The name of the car is chosen for its debut by the designer."

Mr Kitson, who lived in Northern Ireland himself as a child, said the Provo name actually comes from the Italian word prova, meaning test or trial, or prototype.

"It's a play on the Italian word and it was also linked to the desire to provoke emotions, to provoke aspirations, to make the car exciting and fun," he said.

"We're sorry if anybody takes offence at it, but this car is not about Northern Ireland.

"It won't have the slogan No Surrender on the boot, we're not going to do a Free Derry special edition or anything of that nature.

"It's to show what Kia's designers are thinking, to gauge opinions and get feedback on the car, not the name."

• 3 weeks later...

On the council building?

I haven't a clue if and when the Union flag is flown at my local council building. I've never seen it flown at any other council facilities, which doesn't mean that it isn't flown on occasion.

• 3 weeks later...

Will anyone in NI take these people serious? :blink:

I hope not, but no doubt they'll pick up some votes. After all, dissident republicans must have support otherwise they would disappear. At least this outfit don't appear to have a paramilitary wing (as yet, anyway).

It takes 55 words before 'outrage' appears on their homepage, which is actually a few more than I had budgeted for. That said we have 'right-thinking' at the start, and 'revolted' soon after.

MUSSUS BUNFIELD

It takes 55 words before 'outrage' appears on their homepage, which is actually a few more than I had budgeted for. That said we have 'right-thinking' at the start, and 'revolted' soon after.

MUSSUS BUNFIELD

My favorite part

The genocide against the Protestant people is not over; the guns may be largely gone but the war still rages against us and our Britishness via the political battlefield and the Republicans are having far more success now via Stormont than they ever did using the AK47 and semtex against our people.

My favorite part

You've read a lot more about them than I have!

I looked at the photo saw "Protestant Coalition", read the report as far as "former BNP" and stopped there.

You've read a lot more about them than I have!

I looked at the photo saw "Protestant Coalition", read the report as far as "former BNP" and stopped there.

I also noticed

Not anti-Catholic but pro-”our own” people

I maybe doing NI a disservice here, why see instead of parties representing only a section on the community, wouldn't it be far worthwhile cause for someone to stand up and do whats best for Northern Ireland and the people who live in it? Not just Catholics, nationalists, protestants or unionists

Also, i'm sure you don't only get catholics and protestants living in NI

I also noticed

I maybe doing NI a disservice here, why see instead of parties representing only a section on the community, wouldn't it be far worthwhile cause for someone to stand up and do whats best for Northern Ireland and the people who live in it? Not just Catholics, nationalists, protestants or unionists

Also, i'm sure you don't only get catholics and protestants living in NI

Anybody who isn't one or the other doesn't count...

Archived