Depression

I used to find typing it and forcing myself to push send then playing a game or doing something immersive straight away could offset that sinking feeling somewhat and that eventually helped me to work up talking about things.

There's a lot to be said for computers and technology improving the ability to communicate with people.

I'm

I have quite a stressful and demanding job in healthcare and working keeps me busy and I basically just sleep when I'm off.

This inadvertently reminded me of that "...sometimes I treat myself and take a shit" line from The Thick Of It.

I'm yet to decide whether it cheered me up or made me feel bad about finding a laugh from your misfortune though.

This inadvertently reminded me of that "...sometimes I treat myself and take a shit" line from The Thick Of It.

I'm yet to decide whether it cheered me up or made me feel bad about finding a laugh from your misfortune though.

I've never seen that episode of The Thick Of It but I laughed at the comparison to that line.

Got my 2 month coin at tonight's AA meeting, and feeling a lot better for staying sober. Had lots of support which helps. Hopefully I can keep this going

Well done! Keep it going. If you're benefiting from staying sober then there's no reason why you shouldn't keep it going. If you ever "slip" don't fall into the trap of catastrophising it though.

I've been there before, feel free to PM me if you want.

Update:

Got my 2 month coin at tonight's AA meeting, and feeling a lot better for staying sober. Had lots of support which helps. Hopefully I can keep this going.

One day at a time, Rn, one day at a time.

I have decided that I am resigning from my job next monday. I've written my resignation letter and now I can't wait to get away from the place.

I don't have another job to go to yet but hey-ho. The only thing worse than being unemployed is having a job that makes you wish you were.

I have decided that I am resigning from my job next monday. I've written my resignation letter and now I can't wait to get away from the place.

I don't have another job to go to yet but hey-ho. The only thing worse than being unemployed is having a job that makes you wish you were.

Done this 3 weeks ago and enjoyed some me time to get my head straight.

Trying to change jobs myself but it's hard to get motivated.

Slowly come to the realisation that no matter what I do a the company there will always be the same toxic, politicised and for want of a better expression dark clouds on the horizon.

Basically workers are treated with contempt when it comes to the important stuff and we all have to go through the same hoop jumping bs pretending everything is amazing. Worst thing is having hardly any work in winter and too much in summer. I really am struggling to see any positives apart from getting paid and having a routine.

Problem is anyone who dares to speak out is immediately scapegoated and pushed to one side. Sometimes it feels very overbearing.

Not a good place to be trying to recover from years of feeling down.

I'm not alone in feeling this way but I think it's the politics and false nature of it all that bothers me rather than the actual job, which is ok.

Quitting your job might not be the answer, sure it might give you instant relief but it could create long term issues and the lack of money and human interaction could deepen your depression.

Seek advice from someone qualified. You could get signed off to allow you time to think, during that time you could find alternative employment or further education.

I wouldn't do anything rash in the hope of a quick fix.

There's a documentary on C4 about being bipolar at 10 tonight. Its called, er, Being Bipolar.

My manic depressive friend went to the north pole and got attacked by a Bipolar Bear....

Furthermore i feel that I'm coming out of a rut, and i have done so through drinking and being idle. Its a strange world sometimes but hopefully will feel like this til i get my work sorted out in the very short timeline i have left!!

A month after leaving my job i am really struggling. The past 72 hours have been hellish, a job i was pretty much guaranteed to get fell through and now have the daunting thought of signing on till i get a new job.

Feel like my tablets ( citalopram 20mg) are doing nothing for me, my body is always sore especially my legs. Anyone had anything similar? I joined the gym 3 weeks ago and been 3 times because i feel like my legs have been through hours on a treadmill each day.

What was the job you were in prior to leaving and the one that fell through?

Tsc in larbert and had a job at Virgin media in falkirk high street but didn't go through.

Was at the docs this morning and feel much better today than I have in weeks.