Depression

Without meaning to sidetrack this thread any further, they're not actually doing more harm than good - unless they carry on like that off the internet - as they are talking to mostly like minded militants and angry people. Nobody is going to change their mind based on rants on a political threads on a football forum.
"Oh, Mr Anonymous on P&B called me vermin. That's my mind changed to vote for independence."
Dunno, they seem like the norm for quite a few pro independence activists.
Very angry and unable to respond reasonably to anything negative about the snp even its its backed by factual evidence. Theres malky on there just now taking about the scandal of the kid dying from a water infection and also the disastrous oil financial predictions and hes getting all sorts of abuse.
It's like they cant accept any other view and think people must be mad not to see it the same way as they do.
Anyway was just trying to let moomintroll know that its not just him

Guest Moomintroll

Dunno, they seem like the norm for quite a few pro independence activists.
Very angry and unable to respond reasonably to anything negative about the snp even its its backed by factual evidence. Theres malky on there just now taking about the scandal of the kid dying from a water infection and also the disastrous oil financial predictions and hes getting all sorts of abuse.
It's like they cant accept any other view and think people must be mad not to see it the same way as they do.
Anyway was just trying to let moomintroll know that its not just him

Luv u too, they do appear to be inexplicably angry. I don't even like malky3 but the vitriol he gets is unbelievable. The 12th of December is going to be hilarious in there.

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
Politics forum is really not a place for reasonable thought out discussion. Some very militant and angry posters on there.
Go on there and talk down the snp or independence and you'll get attacked.
They cant see that they're actually doing more harm than good by acting like that.

They really aren't very sensible in there are they? I have lurked a few times & basically thought, oh my, & got the hell out. Heaven forbid I should ever post on there, Div would be on time and a half for weeks.

There's no need to venture into the snakepit politics forum, mi amigo, as wee malky and kincy are causing enough of a stooshie in there to allow all other "like-minded" people to steer clear and preserve their livers and sanity.

Each to their own, but if you ever need to see the light, then Dr Hammer is here to help with your recovery  ☺️☺️

Guest Moomintroll
There's no need to venture into the snakepit politics forum, mi amigo, as wee malky and kincy are causing enough of a stooshie in there to allow all other "like-minded" people to steer clear and preserve their livers and sanity.
Each to their own, but if you ever need to see the light, then Dr Hammer is here to help with your recovery  [emoji3526][emoji3526]
To quote Figure 5, Son you're part of the problem.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
3 minutes ago, hearthammer said:
Each to their own, but if you ever need to see the light, then Dr Hammer is here to help with your recovery  emoji3526.pngemoji3526.png

To quote Figure 5, Son you're part of the problem.

Moi ??   Moi  ??   😃     Aye, we've all had our less than glorious moments in the Politics forum, and on P & B in general.  As long as everyone realises that tis but a football forum with facilities to comment on other topics, then it's a whole lot of fun with its "unique" and diverse humour where everyone's fair game.  Nae offences taken and no vilification given.  

Now, about this tory thing you're suffering from . . . . . . . . . .    😄

Guest Moomintroll

Each to their own, but if you ever need to see the light, then Dr Hammer is here to help with your recovery  [emoji3526][emoji3526]

Might have been a bit harsh there, sorry, my liver is fine, my sanity will forever more be debatable unfortunately. To paraphrase The Specials, It doesn't mean you have to hate me, it doesn't mean we have to fight.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

Might have been a bit harsh there, sorry, my liver is fine, my sanity will forever more be debatable unfortunately. To paraphrase The Specials, It doesn't mean you have to hate me, it doesn't mean we have to fight.

Nae offence taken.  👍

Guest Moomintroll
Moi ??   Moi  ??   [emoji2]     Aye, we've all had our less than glorious moments in the Politics forum, and on P & B in general.  As long as everyone realises that tis but a football forum with facilities to comment on other topics, then it's a whole lot of fun with its "unique" and diverse humour where everyone's fair game.  Nae offences taken and no vilification given.  
Now, about this tory thing you're suffering from . . . . . . . . . .    [emoji1]
Bugger orf you pleb.

On 17/11/2019 at 17:29, DA Baracus said:

Embarrassing stuff.

Sorry. Think I'll give this site a miss for a bit now.

Not at all. Plenty of people will have read that with more than one nod of self-recognition.

Stick around talking pish with the rest of us.

Not having a good day.
Having struggled more than I expected after my brother died I missed about 4 weeks of work.
Been back for 2, was supposed to be mornings only (as that’s my only “real” teaching time but that only lasted 2 days.
I’m tired, I’m fed up, I feel incredibly low and being the best part of 100 miles away from home and family here isn’t helping.
Trying to find a therapist/psychiatrist to help but it’s a saire fecht.
No doubt this too will pass I just hate feeling like shite.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

Not having a good day.
Having struggled more than I expected after my brother died I missed about 4 weeks of work.
Been back for 2, was supposed to be mornings only (as that’s my only “real” teaching time but that only lasted 2 days.
I’m tired, I’m fed up, I feel incredibly low and being the best part of 100 miles away from home and family here isn’t helping.

Stick with the progress, RN.  I understand from reading this thread going back that you've been through the mill mate.  Everyone on here was fully supportive and continues to be with yourself and DA in particular, so if you need to vent, then get it out here amongst your "neebs".

Despite all the shoite spouted across the threads, when the good people of P & B rally, collectively there's something worth listening to or reading.

Keep moving in a positive direction, mate  👍👍

Not having a good day.

I can’t imagine the grief of my brother dying, you have my sincerest condolences (which I realise doesn’t help any but I do feel so sorry for you having to go through it) and there’s no time limit on your grief. Being 100 odd miles away and feeling alone I can definitely empathise with though, doesn’t seem so much an issue on the good days but really hits home on the hard days.
You’re looking for the help which is the first step, hopefully you get the help soon and that it does help. Hope you’re in better spirits soon mate, but I think we’re all here for you in the meantime.

8 hours ago, Snafu said:

One of the best and most important threads on this forum, I can't imagine how much this thread has been of help to people who have the courage to ask for help and how many are so understanding and supportive. I'm not ready to talk about the problem I have and what I went through over the last few years but lets say life is slowly getting better and better, healing takes time.

I've been trying out a few things to help over the last year some work some don't, doing research on mental conditions and health is interesting and helpful. It's good to know why and there are ways to fix it.

I've been taking St. John's Wort tablets to help with my panic attacks. They don't entirely solve the problem but they take the edge of and make it less severe. Currently looking to see if I have a vitamin D problem and I've been taking a cod liver oil capsule every day and making sure I get outside and get some sunlight which is very difficult this time of year. Eating fish like Mackerel and Salmon is a good shout as well.

Read DA's posts on Saturday night and on Sunday, was worried for him. Hope he's feeling better now.

He's posted elsewhere, I think he's a bit better.