Depression

At least im happy

Being bipolar has its benefits.

It brings along a cynical filter of the world and it usually means I can spot arseholes a mile off.

Guess who's the arsehole I've spotted? :D

And Fwiw, when I'm happy, I'm 10000000x happier than you'll ever be.

Guest The Phoenix

If I was in the grips of a bipolar low at the moment and you told me to do something about it I'd probably make you a basketball.

That is my new favourite post of all time.

TBF to throbber, I don't think he meant to come across as an insensitive twat. Understanding depression, let alone dealing with it is impossible for anyone who hasn't / isn't suffered / suffering from it.

I've personally never been there, although probably like most folk, I've frequently used the expression "I'm depressed" when in reality I'm just a bit out of sorts and will snap out of it without any real effort.

Those that can't do that are the real sufferers and require expert help, not throw away lines of "encouragement" from P&B'ers!

Being bipolar has its benefits.

It brings along a cynical filter of the world and it usually means I can spot arseholes a mile off.

Guess who's the arsehole I've spotted? :D

And Fwiw, when I'm happy, I'm 10000000x happier than you'll ever be.

You cant exactly judge me over a couple of ill manner posts on a football forum when im named something as silly as throbber :lol: If you want to take me up on that happiness bet how about you phone me on one of your good days - I will take along some red bull and some eccies and we can paint the town red?!

You cant exactly judge me over a couple of ill manner posts on a football forum when im named something as silly as throbber :lol:  If you want to take me up on that happiness bet how about you phone me on one of your good days - I will take along some red bull and some eccies and we can paint the town red?!

Eh.. Nah.

A pal of mine drinks red bull 3 times a day then goes home to about 12 beers and then claims to be depressed - I was talking about him and people like him and not everyone on here so I am sorry if it sounded bad ok!?

D'you not think that this is a coping method? Using the red bull to get through the day then getting blootered at night to either blot something out or put himself to sleep?

D'you not think that this is a coping method? Using the red bull to get through the day then getting blootered at night to either blot something out or put himself to sleep?

Naw he's just a bell end

I used to drink 2 big red bulls a day at work and to get over the effects when I got in I would have a couple drinks aswell just like him although he did it on a grander scale. I had to give it up tho its fucking toxic stuff, think It has given me heart burn for life :(

Naw he's just a bell end

I used to drink 2 big red bulls a day at work and to get over the effects when I got in I would have a couple drinks aswell just like him although he did it on a grander scale. I had to give it up tho its fucking toxic stuff, think It has given me heart burn for life :(

Point missed entirely.

To be fair to throbber, it is quite hard for someone who has never been depressed to understand it. I have never been depressed. I actually used to probably think the same as him but it Was after reading this thread that my view on it changed. There are so many different elements it.

Anytime I think I am feeling a bit down then I sort of think that there is usually someone a lot worse off than me. This is easier for me at the moment due to stuff that is happening within my family. If only it was as easy for everyone.

Although, yer man throbber didn't put it particularly well.

To be fair to throbber, it is quite hard for someone who has never been depressed to understand it. I have never been depressed. I actually used to probably think the same as him but it Was after reading this thread that my view on it changed. There are so many different elements it.

Anytime I think I am feeling a bit down then I sort of think that there is usually someone a lot worse off than me. This is easier for me at the moment due to stuff that is happening within my family. If only it was as easy for everyone.

Although, yer man throbber didn't put it particularly well.

I was never known for my sympathetic attitude towards things, I would never actually have a proper go at anyone and its a lot easier to type things out online than say it in person. I have since apologised and we can all move on!

I recently had to get re-diagnosed. From my original post (good many pages ago, before the vermin trolls tried to hijack this thread) I was diagnosed with depression but for a long time I found that I was having symptoms of a personality disorder as well. A couple of weeks ago my doctor said he reckons I have bi-polar. Can't say I'm too surprised. Thankfully I have been told this news at a time I'm stronger to deal with it. If I had found out when I first went to the doctors about a year ago I would have been a mess. I have decided against medication for now (I was on citalopram for a long time before I felt it was necessary for me to come off it) but I am open to the option of it if things go downhill. Some days I wake up with no motivation and very low thoughts but the next day I can find myself buzzing at the thought of doing something quite mundane and normal like cooking a meal or something. It's a strange one but I'm taking it in my stride, I know what works for me and I'm lucky to have family and close friends who know exactly what I'm going through. The whole experience is changing my perspective of how I view the world, personally I think these experiences are making me a better person in the long run.

I still extremely recommend "Breathing Space Scotland" for a lot of people who are down but don't want to visit a doctor. It's a confidential phone line where you can just let it out, talk through how you are feeling without immediate consequences and it can even give you the confidence to seek further help or even talk to someone you consider close to you. Even go to their website if you don't want to phone up, lots of great advice there. Just look after yourselves and those around you, it's something worth doing.

I've woken up with no motivation all my life. It's alright.