Depression

I seem like an attentiom seeking prkck amd hate me gor it. I apologise

One of the difficulties for people of any emotional or mental health problems is the sense of unreality of it. You cannot stick a thermometer up your arse to measure a temperature and say you have a problem, nor can you take a pulse or a blood reading. You can never 'prove' you have a problem with a measurement.

Its probably worse for people (like many of us) who come from working class backgrounds, we are brought up to be stoic in the face of difficulty.

Its natural for humans to feel emotional or mental health problems. They are no less real than cramp or or a broken arm.

Accepting that your emotions or issues is real is an important step. They are valid.

Dont worry about being 'attention seeking'. Your not. Sharing how you feel will help others who have not yet been able to be so open realise this is normal for people. Suffering this does not make you or them weak or lesser. Opening up about it helps people understand how normal it is.

I have spent years battling with something called PTSD, I have suffered crippling depression and paranoia close to the point of being diagnosed psychotic. Here is me, big hardy former infantry soldier reduced to tears at times over nothing.

I know how if feels to doubt the validity or reality of what you are experiencing. Speaking out about it very often is helpful, never feel you will be criticised for it.

Sorry for rambling mate.

Edited by dorlomin

Regarding my last post, I'm not quite sure why I've been given a negative mark for saying I'm worried I'm going to go into a depressive episode again. Although looking at his other posts and elsewhere on here, he looks to be a bit of a pathetic alias. Clearly has nothing better to do with his life..

I have no idea whether I'm depressed (and never admitted it) or whether I'm generally just a moody unsocial type of guy. I have had a look at the symptoms and tick a lot of the boxes however I'm not sure if I am? I know if I go to the doctor he will ask the standard questions and my answers will determine whether he dictates if I'm medically depressed or not. Am I happy? Sometimes, normally when I'm doing my own thing on my own. But that surely just a preference of me spending time on my own.

Regarding my last post, I'm not quite sure why I've been given a negative mark for saying I'm worried I'm going to go into a depressive episode again. Although looking at his other posts and elsewhere on here, he looks to be a bit of a pathetic alias. Clearly has nothing better to do with his life..

Yup - the poster who gave you that red dot matches that description - best ignored, mate.

I see sweeperdee's ignore function only works when it suits him again. Ignored my questions three times yet was looking at my profile only yesterday.

If you have an issue with him then fine but gonna PM him instead of ruining this thread which is clearly a big help to alot of people.

Just trying to get answer from him. Don't you find his pathetic mewling, hypocrisy and nonsensical views quite insulting to people who actually do suffer from depression?

The thing is, how can you actually tell that he (in your world) isn't suffering from some form of depression?? The guy doesn't owe you an answer really either, to be fair.

Just trying to get answer from him. Don't you find his pathetic mewling, hypocrisy and nonsensical views quite insulting to people who actually do suffer from depression?

You truly are a c**t.

If you knew even a fraction of what I've been through in my life you'd maybe know you shouldn't really be following me about trying to get a rise out of me. It's fucking pathetic. You genuinely are subhuman.

Inexplicably I feel that tonight I'll either have a great night or I'll try to kill myself.

I'm heavily leaning towards 'great night' but the other thing is still there which is really disapointing. I know I should feel more seriously about this but right now I'm a silly mood where I would take either. I'm just so fed up with certain things.

I also almost guarantee that I'll be fine in the morning. I seem like an attentiom seeking prkck amd hate me gor it. I apologise

DA, if you haven't already, it might be worth keeping the contact details for Fife's crisis team nearby. I attempted to source these for you, but cannot find them. Your GP will have them.

As PA said, you're a very strong person to have come off the drugs (and stay off), although you might not feel that way.

DA, if you haven't already, it might be worth keeping the contact details for Fife's crisis team nearby. I attempted to source these for you, but cannot find them. Your GP will have them.

As PA said, you're a very strong person to have come off the drugs (and stay off), although you might not feel that way.

Fife's crisis team? Is it still Dunfermline, or is it East Fife's turn again?

I don't think it's a thread people should be taking off topic, clearly people use it to vent and could do with back and forth posts like that.