Depression

Thank you all for your input. @DA Baracus. Your words on this thread mean so much more than you will ever realise.

I do suffer regular bouts of depression and I feel myself sinking into one at the moment, probably why things are so amplified right now. I have no enthusiasm right now to do anything. I have so many things I need to do, but have absoloutly no motivation to do it. I have taken too much on in my life, my wife cant help because she is ill, long term. I don't want here to worry about finances either. I just feel totally worn down and have no energy. I never seem to get a clean break, there's always something stopping me getting to the plateau. Much love all.

1 hour ago, remain anon said:

Thank you all for your input. @DA Baracus. Your words on this thread mean so much more than you will ever realise.

I do suffer regular bouts of depression and I feel myself sinking into one at the moment, probably why things are so amplified right now. I have no enthusiasm right now to do anything. I have so many things I need to do, but have absoloutly no motivation to do it. I have taken too much on in my life, my wife cant help because she is ill, long term. I don't want here to worry about finances either. I just feel totally worn down and have no energy. I never seem to get a clean break, there's always something stopping me getting to the plateau. Much love all.

The lassitude and pressure is a killer, but you can wiggle around from under it and let it flatten the ground instead. You did a good job earlier of compiling a list of your woes, worries and concerns. Look it back over and pick the smallest matter and put your efforts into that, right now. You’ll certainly be able to, if not solve, certainly improve that matter with a little effort right now, and it allows you mind to tick over on the fact that things are suddenly not quite as bad.

Its like the theory of paying off the smallest debt first, even if it isn’t the highest interest, because it gives you a tangible achievement to hang your hat on. If the house is a mess, you clean a room first…and if the room is a mess, you have to start somewhere. It’s all similar, and you can give yourself a little lift now that will help tangibly if you can find a way to address one little item.

Best wishes for you and you family, stay strong and chip a couple of bits off the weight!

3 hours ago, Madame RH33 said:

My son went to his dads one weekend in April and never came home. Ex won't tell me why. I can't explain the pain and the last two weeks been hell.

Children take spontaneous and incoherent decisions to take sides when really there is no need to. Adults should know better but passions and sometimes selfishness gets in the way.

Time helps, time always helps and though time is lost along the way, don't dwell, rather look forward to the best of what will resolve itself.

On 27/12/2022 at 13:43, DA Baracus said:

Credit card and overdraft debts are a shitter. You may wish to consider opening up a new bank account and moving everything to that (wages, direct debits etc) and just pay off the overdraft as you can, so that your pay doesn't get swallowed up. Again, give your bank a call and they should be able to do a payment plan and freeze interest. Same with your credit card. If not, get in touch with your local Citizens Advice Bureau to discuss. If necessary they can do a debt arrangement scheme (as mentioned earlier in this thread) and also look at all options. They're good at dealing with the folk who you owe to on your behalf.

Had a overdraft a few years ago which I was constantly using. Ended up speaking to my bank who told me the best way to pay it off or reduce it was by paying as much as you can every month back. Which I did and eventually it was gone. 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I feel shite today and I don't even have a particular reason for it.

If you can afford it I'd book a holiday or an away game sometime, sometimes helps just to have a change to look forward to.

Edited by welshbairn

51 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Sometimes moods/thoughts etc just creep up from nowhere.

Hope you are OK mate.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I don't think I'm overly prone to low mood, but I had a few really bad days at New Year where I felt shit and just basically hid away from everyone and everything, and like you found it hard to find a reason to pin it on.

Also felt similar today, which wasn't helped when I realised I had Fir Park to go to as well!! Picking up a little now despite Motherwell's shiteness. A couple of quiet cans, some rubbish TV and an early night then hopefully back on more of an even keel tomorrow. 

The weather, constant gloominess and the restrictions it brings don't help. Stay positive mate and try to keep yourself occupied. Hope you're ok, it's just a wee blip and you're back on the up soon.

Had a week where I felt the same friend of mines, took his own life and it hit me actually when I take the turns with depression hitting me,  try journalling it and then read over what you wrote to try and pinpoint it and what its telling you.  I do think this day there is a lot more pressure you look at instagram and YouTube and stuff like that and its basically if your not making x amount of money or have your own beach house or whatever your a failure.  

Reality is we all get lows it's just making sure you don't get stuck in it that's when it becomes a bigger problem. This time of year as said weather doesn't help if your an outdoorsy person, then unless your up for getting freezing cold and soaked your stuck indoors.

Thanks for your responses.

Yeah it probably is just this time of year, plus I haven't been sleeping very well recently. That always has an effect on the mood.

I was out for a few hours there because it is my nephews birthday. It was good to get out for a bit for something like that.

I have decided I am going to try to change that tonight though, and try to get a better sleep.

I hope you're all okay.

37 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Thanks for your responses.

Yeah it probably is just this time of year, plus I haven't been sleeping very well recently. That always has an effect on the mood.

I was out for a few hours there because it is my nephews birthday. It was good to get out for a bit for something like that.

I have decided I am going to try to change that tonight though, and try to get a better sleep.

I hope you're all okay.

Good man. 

Glad you got a few hours out for a wee bit of interaction and company. Definitely get that sleep, good rest is a massive part of your mental wellbeing. 

37 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Good man. 

Glad you got a few hours out for a wee bit of interaction and company. Definitely get that sleep, good rest is a massive part of your mental wellbeing. 

I have been trying to sleep but the wind and rain battering the house has other ideas.

I might just stick my earbuds in and put something on to drown the noise out.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I have been trying to sleep but the wind and rain battering the house has other ideas.

I might just stick my earbuds in and put something on to drown the noise out.

Believe it or not, I actually get to sleep easier because of @Hedgecutter - he made a post years ago about taking a deep slow breath in and every time you breathe count one down from 100. I do it if I'm having trouble and I never get past 80. Tagging him because he might be able to give more detail. Of course, I can also sleep easily because I don't live in Scotland so there's lesser chance of him popping up at the back window. 

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Believe it or not, I actually get to sleep easier because of @Hedgecutter - he made a post years ago about taking a deep slow breath in and every time you breathe count one down from 100. I do it if I'm having trouble and I never get past 80. Tagging him because he might be able to give more detail. Of course, I can also sleep easily because I don't live in Scotland so there's lesser chance of him popping up at the back window. 

Thank you for this. I will give that a try in a bit. I am just listening to some music for a little while before I call it a night.