Depression

On 16/10/2022 at 14:58, carpetmonster said:

Cycling helps me a lot when I need it. And I know the science, the endorphins and all, but it's not so much that, I don't think. I never call it 'cycling' - that implies something to take seriously - I 'go out on my bike'. Going out on your bike takes you to a place where all you need to worry about is gravity, dog poop and the odd divebombing seagull. 

This is absolutely something I agree with, I think like a few others on this thread it's mainly anxiety that I experience and this is a combination of work stresses, life and ageing uncomfortably.. but finding that "inner child" that allows me to move away from all these anxiety-inducing responsibilities even temporarily is what helps keep things ticking over.

"Going out on my bike" is just the perfect release when it's needed. It took me until COVID lockdown to finally buy a bike but my god has it helped when I've been able to make the time to go out and ride.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

I am, apparently, terminally I’ll. I don’t want to share details other than I don’t believe they’re right.
I will fight with his like I fought my alcoholism and I’ll be here for a while yet!

I hope they are wrong matey.

We are all here for you.

4 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

I can’t go on. Goodbye

Jumping into the thread; please call marie curie. They've been utterly fantastic for my fiancee the past few weeks, and you might be able to talk through your diagnosis with them. They've provided a tonne of practical and emotional support, and im confident they can help you.

20 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

I can’t go on. Goodbye

Hey I know you've spoken many times about your family and what they mean to you.  Please talk to them and let them support you.

Speak to your friends, anyone who can help you out.  Take some time to reflect and you've shown many times in the past you're a fighter

Keep fighting.

4 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I’m sorry for scaring you guys. Life is shit but better life than death

Don't worry about who you scared I'm just glad you're okay and I reckon everyone else here feels the same. You're a good bloke and loads of people on here care about you and are always willing to chat if you ever feel alone.

You may not think that was any kind of statement. But you have no idea what a boost your perspective is to many of us whose heads go down every so often.

You've been through circumstances that nobody would wish on any human being - sharing your experience on here is clearly important to you, and I hope you understand that doing so gives us all a sense of balance and empathy.

Thanks for posting and please continue to do so - we are always here for you, and we bloody well appreciate that you post. We certainly benefit and learn from your experience.

Glad you’re ok mate. 

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm a bit worried - it's the middle of the night over there.

Hope to hear good news!

On a lighter note, no wonder you’ve got the wooden spoon. They’re behind us in time, not ahead. 

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm a bit worried - it's the middle of the night over there.

Hope to hear good news!

11 hours ago, Rugster said:

On a lighter note, no wonder you’ve got the wooden spoon. They’re behind us in time, not ahead. 

O.K., I was a bit worried - it was the middle of the morning over there.