January Transfers

He's not held down a regular starting place for a decade, either changing clubs or sitting on the bench picking up a wage. That's a journeyman as far as I'm concerned.

He played for Hearts from 1995 to 2000 then Everton from 2000 to 2007. He was then moved on to Sheffield United who he played for for 3 years then spent 2 years at Huddersfield before joining Abereen. He's played for 17 years and 12 of those years have been for 2 clubs.

Nowhere near a journeyman.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are a couple wins from second and are much improved on last season. Calling Gavin Rae and Gary Naysmith journeymen is utterly bizarre considering they have played at a very high level in their careers and are still more than capable of doing a job in the SPL. Stephen Hughes I am not sold on and I don't think is the type of player we need but he obviously has some talent, only an idiot would argue otherwise. Niall McGinn has obviously contributed most of our goals but he's not head and shoulers our best player like Griffiths is at Hibs. To compare the likes of Deegan, McPake etc to Rae and Naysmith is just daft.

Still, at least we are not paying ridiculous wages for the likes of Liam Craig.

How do you know we're paying ridiculous wages to Craig?

What journeymen do Aberdeen have?

Langfield - Been here for 8 years

Anderson -Youth system

Jack - Youth system

Considine - Youth system

Reynolds - Still young, only two previous clubs

Naysmith - Been covered

Osbourne - At his second club.

Arguably the only 'journeymen' in the team are Hughes and Vernon.

Gavin Rae?

Is he really though? He's only had 4 clubs in his career and they've all been for extended spells. When I think of your stereotypical journeyman, I think of Jim Hamilton and Gavin's career has been nothing like Jim's.

Gavin Rae?

He's played for 4 different clubs in 17 years, and he's only at Aberdeen because he wanted to play for them before he retired.

And I'm pretty sure he has been captain at some point for every team he played for, so he's not exactly been bit-part.

Sums up a fair number of Scottish players.

jour·ney·man

/ˈjərnēmən/

Noun

A trained worker who is employed by someone else.

A worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.

Synonyms

day laborer - apprentice

He's only had 2 parent clubs FFS what's the definition of journeyman here??

Does that make Griffiths a journeyman I take it.

He's too young to be called a journeyman and each move has been a step up: Livi - Dundee - Wolves. He is currently in a transitional stage of his career.

So if loan deals don't count, how the f**k is Milsom a journeyman with a total of 2 clubs? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cause he's wrong yet again and trying to argue his way out of it. It's really quite amusing.

So if loan deals don't count, how the f**k is Milsom a journeyman with a total of 2 clubs? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Milsom has played for a number of clubs either on loan or a transfer. However you wouldnt say its a step up or a step down if its a loan as the player is still contracted to his parent club ie Griffiths and Wolves. I can understand why you simpletons are stuggling though :D

Archived