January Transfers

He's got a montage of his best bits on YouTube. What more do you want? He's obviously destined for the big time.

I've got a montage of my best bits on youtube that have been caught on camera. It may only be one goal but I'm sure it'll be enough to catch Lennon's eye.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the fuddies in a lather after signing a completely untested foreigner. Cute.

Let's just say we're hopeful that , with his exploits over the last couple of years , he may be a better partner for the Hawk than anyone else we have at the mo. When you consider that Thommo has scored more goals in his 1 and a bit seasons with us in the SPL than he has with any other club since he left Tannadice then we have grounds for hope , especially when you look at the defensive qualities of all SPL clubs ! :)

Do you have any idea how these transfers are coming about? How on earth do we suddenly start finding out about these players? I understand Kovacevic, he was well known. I suppose his agent might have some leads, but it seems a bit bizarre that we're signing all these guys from Greece, Canada and Germany.

Just noticed after some Wiki trawling, Wohlfarth was at Freiburg 2002-06 with Fotheringham at Frieburg 2005-06. So maybe Fozzy was involved?

Might just be coincidence, albeit I imagine he would have been asked his opinion once Wohlfarth became a real option

Edit as I kept writing "Wolfhart", wishful thinking that was the spelling...

Aye, Wohlfarth was a Fozzy recommendation.

Touch me, USE BOTH HANDS!

Kova obvious enough, Ikonomou and Hainault less so...

I'm not sure what the Hibs support expects, they are a fickle bunch.

Last season they stayed up by the skin of their teeth, so there's been an obvious improvement. This window they've re-signed two loanees who - from an outsider's perspective - appear to be two key players. Yet a handful of them still bitch and moan about how they aren't making any signings. Most teams would be delighted to keep Griffiths (if the racism incident didn't happen) and McGivern, but their reaction is "Haw! Rod's a c**t, he's no spending enough money".

This is the most ridiculous post yet :lol:

He agreed to join Hibs without knowing what Saints would offer him? Really? :lol:

Also, a bigger club? Saints were just in Europe while you got humiliated in your most important game in your history.

StandFree standing up for St Johnstone. What is this, opposite day?

It's true - I've seen it.

I'll 'accidentally' break the world record for own goals scored when Danny Lennon snaps me up and I'm playing against the Dees. I think he might get suspicious and substitute me though when I whip my top off and jump into the Dundee end when I score my hat-trick.

I'm not sure what the Hibs support expects, they are a fickle bunch.

Last season they stayed up by the skin of their teeth, so there's been an obvious improvement. This window they've re-signed two loanees who - from an outsider's perspective - appear to be two key players. Yet a handful of them still bitch and moan about how they aren't making any signings. Most teams would be delighted to keep Griffiths (if the racism incident didn't happen) and McGivern, but their reaction is "Haw! Rod's a c**t, he's no spending enough money".

Its really just IO thats complaining. He's itching for us to sign 5 players every transfer window and god help us if they arent from the EPL. We need new players but I realise we cant afford to sort every position in the team because we're skint, not because Petrie is being tight. I'd think we'll see maybe two in over the next week or so, we cant afford any more than that.

:lol:

The current Hibs team is bereft of any real quality. It's full of journeymen with the odd grafter and Leigh Griffiths. To say Fenlon knows what he is doing and has an eye for a player is quite hilarious, given the utter humiliation in the Cup Final and the fact that he signed Kujabu, Kuqi and actually let them play. Not to mention paying over the odds for Liam Craig and having an absolute bombscare like McPake as your club Captain.

It's astonishing that Hibs are doing so well in the league, it really is. I think quite a number of you need to get your head out your arses and have a reality check.

You must be concerned that Aberdeen have been behind such a dreadful Hibs team all season? Is Craig Brown looking for some quality to add to your team of journeymen (I hope you realse the irony in calling our players journeymen when you've got Gavin Rae, Stephen Hughes and Gary Naysmith) and Niall McGinn. Especially now that yet another of your promising young players has bolted.

You must be concerned that Aberdeen have been behind such a dreadful Hibs team all season? Is Craig Brown looking for some quality to add to your team of journeymen (I hope you realse the irony in calling our players journeymen when you've got Gavin Rae, Stephen Hughes and Gary Naysmith) and Niall McGinn. Especially now that yet another of your promising young players has bolted.

Gary Naysmith a journeyman? Aye, cool story. He's played over half his career at 2 clubs in Hearts and Everton.

Gary Naysmith a journeyman? Aye, cool story. He's played over half his career at 2 clubs in Hearts and Everton.

He's not held down a regular starting place for a decade, either changing clubs or sitting on the bench picking up a wage. That's a journeyman as far as I'm concerned.

Last time we signed a foreigner from outside the UK was in 2008/09, and that was Collin Samuel sad.gif

laugh.gif I've just stumbled on the transfer dealing the season we signed Liam Craig....

Other incoming transfers that year were...

Barry Wilson

Jody Morris

Sean Lynch

Daniel McBreen

Greg Cameron

Stuart McCaffrey

John Stewart

Kenny Deuchar

Rocco Quinn

Gary Irvine

Alan Main

Jamie McCluskey