January Transfers

If we acknowledge their greatest achievements it would read

Milsom - 11 minutes against Manchester United at Old Trafford in a Premiership game

Griffiths - 15 odd minutes against Luxembourg in Luxembourg in a Friendly

Griffiths' greatest achievement would be managing to 'Tweet' without racially abusing Scots of foreign descent, IMO.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We better be offering scotland a trial or a short term contract...otherwise I shall walk to the grill and give mr lomas a swift kick in the pie.

All thats been said is there's a black player training with us and he has dreadlocks, was spotted by an eagle eyed supporter but his face wasn't seen. Would love it to be Jason but Dundee are seemingly after him too, we can't compete sadly

Brown on STV saying that he plans on making Iain Vigurs and Andrew Shinnie pre-contract offers once he has spoken to Butcher and Adams.

It'll be interesting to see what Shinnie will do; for ICT's sake and to an extent his, I hope he doesn't commit to a pre-contract. I fully expect him to move on at the end of the season - it's a short career, he's approaching his mid-20s and ICT will never be able to offer the wages he could command elsewhere. However, for all that Aberdeen are a bigger club and will pay more, with a good second half to the season, I think he could probably get a bigger move, and theoretically it should benefit us if he's still trying to put himself in the shop window between now and the summer.

Incidentally, does it irritate anyone else when managers declare their interest in another club's players to the press? I know Brown's within his rights and Shinnie's coming to the end of his contract etc, but it still jars a bit. It can also make the managers look like presumptious c***s when the move doesn't happen - seem to recall Steve Paterson falling into this trap with regularity at Aberdeen, presumably because he was desperately trying to show the supporters that he was ambitious to improve the club.

All thats been said is there's a black player training with us and he has dreadlocks, was spotted by an eagle eyed supporter but his face wasn't seen. Would love it to be Jason but Dundee are seemingly after him too, we can't compete sadly

I'm sure Scotland's is bald now. Shaved bald, but still bald. Could be wrong though.

If we acknowledge their greatest achievements it would read

Milsom - 11 minutes against Manchester United at Old Trafford in a Premiership game

Griffiths - 15 odd minutes against Luxembourg in Luxembourg in a Friendly

Cool. Plenty journeymen in the SPL that have done a lot more than that.

I'm sure Scotland's is bald now. Shaved bald, but still bald. Could be wrong though.

He probably is. As I said the boy who saw him never saw the face. Just had a vague description and with Jason being released, our links to him and the fact we need a lazy poaching c**t people just flew into the belief it was him.

Jose Quitongo.

It'll be interesting to see what Shinnie will do; for ICT's sake and to an extent his, I hope he doesn't commit to a pre-contract. I fully expect him to move on at the end of the season - it's a short career, he's approaching his mid-20s and ICT will never be able to offer the wages he could command elsewhere. However, for all that Aberdeen are a bigger club and will pay more, with a good second half to the season, I think he could probably get a bigger move, and theoretically it should benefit us if he's still trying to put himself in the shop window between now and the summer.

TBF, the 'bigger club' thing means little. The only difference between playing for Inverness and playing for Aberdeen is the wages as both clubs are in with a chance of playing in Europe next season (Inverness look a lot more likely, though). Shinnie is from Kincorth and the guy from RedTV said in an interview that him and his brother were Dons fans, so that might sway him a bit.

Incidentally, does it irritate anyone else when managers declare their interest in another club's players to the press? I know Brown's within his rights and Shinnie's coming to the end of his contract etc, but it still jars a bit. It can also make the managers look like presumptious c***s when the move doesn't happen - seem to recall Steve Paterson falling into this trap with regularity at Aberdeen, presumably because he was desperately trying to show the supporters that he was ambitious to improve the club.

There was a suggestion from a journalist on twitter that Brown "knows when to release new", which suggests that this might be a distraction from recent poor results. Like McGhee saying he was after Buaben and Gomis when they left United.

Shinnie is from Kincorth and the guy from RedTV said in an interview that him and his brother were Dons fans, so that might sway him a bit.

That did cross my mind - I knew he was from Aberdeen, but then people don't necessarily support their local team. dry.gif

Vigurs is from Aberdeen too, I think, so maybe Brown is hoping that he's targetting players who had grown up dreaming of playing for Aberdeen. Good player as well.

That did cross my mind - I knew he was from Aberdeen, but then people don't necessarily support their local team. dry.gif

Vigurs is from Aberdeen too, I think, so maybe Brown is hoping that he's targetting players who had grown up dreaming of playing for Aberdeen. Good player as well.

Yeah, Vigurs is from Stonehaven. He's a Celtic fan though.

Hibs will go for Vigurs too, just a hunch.

There was a rumour earlier in the season that Hibs tried to get Vigurs on a pre-contract last summer but he rejected it. I reckon he'll go to Aberdeen. Or The Rangers

There was a rumour earlier in the season that Hibs tried to get Vigurs on a pre-contract last summer but he rejected it.

Probably failed on the 5th medical, or was holding out for a King's ransom like Craig did.

Archived