January Transfers

I usually agree with you IO, but be patient.

As much as i agree with every post of yours on here. But be patient? :P

The transfer window shuts next thursday. As usual with Hibs we will wait it out until the last day to sign anyone if we sign anyone at all?

Like you said i would be happy to get another couple of loan players in at the club for back-up. But if Hearts can sign Danny Wilson on loan and possibly Michael Ngoo on loan then why can't we do the same?

Next Thursday on the Hibernian Winter Transfer thread is gonna be class :D

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are Hibs meant to be signing from the 2nd division then?

Just rumours that we'd been looking at them tbh. When QOTS knocked us out the cup, Fenlon metioned that he had been watching one or two of them so it all stems from that.

The transfer window shuts next thursday. As usual with Hibs we will wait it out until the last day to sign anyone if we sign anyone at all?

Like you said i would be happy to get another couple of loan players in at the club for back-up. But if Hearts can sign Danny Wilson on loan and possibly Michael Ngoo on loan then why can't we do the same?

Hearts are profiting off playing Liverpool in the Europa League, we've got a guy on loan from Man City (woop woop) stop getting your knickers in a twist. Nor do we need loans to be back up, we need guy's who will improve the first team.

Next Thursday on the Hibernian Winter Transfer thread is gonna be class :D

Danny Wilson was a good signing.

For all we know Ngoo is as bad as Palsson. We've signed plenty of loanees over the past few years, apart from McPake, Griffiths and McGivern, have any others been successful?

For all we know he is another Palsson. Every team is getting weaker and most teams are cutting back. Maintaining what we've got is fine.

We have cover everywhere, Fenlon said he wants to bring in Jorge/Replacement + Sproule Replacement. Get them in and I'll be

satisfied.

Our squad is far from perfect, but after what happened last season, a top 6 finish is a great success with us possibly getting into Europe. Our current squad is capable of that, We'll see more arrivals in the summer to improve our squad and then go from there, hopefully improving season by season.

Nor do we need loans to be back up, we need guy's who will improve the first team.

Exactly this, no point signing anyone who isn't going to make a difference. People are forgetting keeping our loan players were as important as new signings this month. I still think we'll see one or two before the window closes.

All the fuddies in a lather after signing a completely untested foreigner. Cute.

Untested? He played and scored against Champions League side Lyon only last season.

I'm sure he gained a bit of experience playing against the likes of FC Porto, Benfica, Marseille, Sporting Lisbon and PSG as well.

Untested? He played and scored against Champions League side Lyon only last season.

I'm sure he gained a bit of experience playing against the likes of FC Porto, Benfica, Marseille, Sporting Lisbon and PSG as well.

How many times is this boys goal against Lyon going to get mentioned? If he's being signed on the strength of one goal then I could give you an endless list of hopeless cases who have scored at least one peach in their careers.

How many times is this boys goal against Lyon going to get mentioned? If he's being signed on the strength of one goal then I could give you an endless list of hopeless cases who have scored at least one peach in their careers.

He's got a montage of his best bits on YouTube. What more do you want? He's obviously destined for the big time.

Oh god nearly an entire page of Hi-bee ramblings. :angry:

It's quite funny really, they are like a kid in a sweet shop. They get linked with lots of players, yet whenever another club looks to sign someone they haven't been linked to the suddenly go in a huff, complain everyone they are linked with is shit and then start crying that they weren't linked with them.

All the fuddies in a lather after signing a completely untested foreigner. Cute.

Not all.

He's not played a lot, and in the examples from the video he's given more time than he would get in Scotland, and the fouls given against him are pretty soft and unlikely to be given here. He's been quoted as wishing to test himself against the British style of football so maybe he's not naive about what to expect. Don't get me wrong, we needed a striker, Danny has taken some time to get one in, and it is very pleasing to see a player come from a decent quality league, along with some experience in the French league.

I'm not counting my chickens in any way, and I've seen enough players at St Mirren to know that the level of expectation is rarely matched by delivery. Thankfully, with Thompson in sparkling form (scoring almost as many goals on his own as St Johnstone have at home all season) and with backups of Parkin and Guy, this lad doesn't need to be a star. It would, of course, be nice if he was.. ;)

Archived