Sons' sorrow

If our away games are Peterhead and Forfar then it'll be 620 miles of travelling for 2 'regionalised' Cup games.

Hopefully the Dundee game will be at home on Tuesday/Wednesday which will presumably cancel the friendly, and get the away ties on a Saturday.

Missing the point a little; whether at ours or away someones got a lot of travelling to do.

Spot on. Should be a focus on getting the balance right this time round. Although I'm encouraged by positivity surrounding buchy and Barr, I wouldn't want to see barr shoe horned into midfield again.

Barr wasn't 'shoe horned' into midfield, it's a position he plays naturally. Throughout his career he's played at centre back and in midfield.

There's a long way to go yet. If we get someone creative to play through the middle then Barr would be perfectly fine in there. Minus one or two iffy games I thought he done a grand job. A lot of his work goes unnoticed IMO.

Spot on. Should be a focus on getting the balance right this time round. Although I'm encouraged by positivity surrounding buchy and Barr, I wouldn't want to see barr shoe horned into midfield again.

I prefer Barr in midfield, and I laughed at the suggestion of him playing there at first! Think he had his best games in there.

I prefer Barr in midfield, and I laughed at the suggestion of him playing there at first! Think he had his best games in there.

I thought he was more suited to the CB role,  opinions and all that. 

I thought he was more suited to the CB role, opinions and all that.

I think most people would agree with you! I used to think pace would let him down in midfield, but he won most of the tackles he went for and didn't get exposed for pace as much as I thought.

If Barr stays, would you all keep him as captain? I think you can't take it off him, but would love if Fleming got it.

If our away games are Peterhead and Forfar then it'll be 620 miles of travelling for 2 'regionalised' Cup games.

From a purely selfish point of view these two ties being away games would suit me just fine. Every cloud etc...

Edited by Northern Son

Barr is a solid player at this level who isn't liked because he ousted Andy Graham from the team. A situation that wasn't Barr's fault but still seemed to take the blame for it and took flak at every opportunity last year. He'd be perfectly good at centre back or centre mid and I'll be delighted if he signs up.