Sons' sorrow

Mental as it sounds as our support is generally poor, you'll get a decent turn out from St Johnstone. I can't remember the last time we played Dumbarton, never mind at the Rock... supposing we get you guys away that is.

I see big Fraz has signed a new contract with you guys :D

As nice as it would be to welcome you guys to the Rock, it's just as likely we'll draw Ross County and need to head for Dingwall on a Tuesday night.  I just can't understand the decision, as S08 says, why have Falkirk in the North draw and Stenny in the South and then force Dumbarton, who are less than 15 miles from Glasgow, to travel north.

EDIT - In my seethe over this draw I forgot to say - Big Fraz :thumsup2   :wub:

Edited by The Moonster

Pleased with big Fraz staying. I fear that this season may be a step too far for him but I think he seems like a good guy to have around. Adds some vital experience.

Also - if the two Stevies get an offer elsewhere and choose to accept it I'd like to see big Faz take the reigns until something is sorted. I'd love to see him heider f**k out Houston on the touchline.

Looks like we might be getting that pre-season Highland tour after all  :huh:

A piece of nonsense for a tournament we have next to no chance of progressing in.

The thing that annoys me is they changed it to this format in order to create local matches and bigger crowds.  Why even bother with seeding then? Get local teams playing each other and keep the prices low(ish). This news has completely sucked any small enthusiasm I had for it.

As nice as it would be to welcome you guys to the Rock, it's just as likely we'll draw Ross County and need to head for Dingwall on a Tuesday night.  I just can't understand the decision, as S08 says, why have Falkirk in the North draw and Stenny in the South and then force Dumbarton, who are less than 15 miles from Glasgow, to travel north.

It's the result of the seedings.

post-5450-0-63867400-1464257249_thumb.pn

North

1. Ross County, Inverness CT, Dundee, St Johnstone

2. Dundee Utd, Raith, Falkirk, Dumbarton

3. Elgin, Peterhead, Cove Rangers, Brechin, Forfar, Arbroath, Montrose, East Fife, Dumfermline, Cowdenbeath, Alloa, Stirling

South

1. Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hamilton, Partick Thistle

2. QoTS, St Mirren, Rangers, Morton

3. Annan, Stranraer, Berwick, Ayr, Queens Park, Livingston, Edinburgh City, Airdrie, Albion Rovers, Clyde, Stenhousemuir, East Stirlingshire

if we were in the south pot we would have finished 9th & been in the playoffs :) (or potentially if Hibs had Hibsed it)

Edited by GoTeamGaz

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1464249853.630682.jpg

Sounds like sparky has had full time offers, if so I imagine he'll be off

Reads a little bit like the full time offer may be from the league below to me. Possibly Airdrie or Livi fancy taking him? As solid as Sparky is, I didn't expect him to get a move to a team like Raith, St Mirren etc...

Reads a little bit like the full time offer may be from the league below to me. Possibly Airdrie or Livi fancy taking him? As solid as Sparky is, I didn't expect him to get a move to a team like Raith, St Mirren etc...

My thoughts exactly

Dunfermline have signed Lee Ashcroft who I think is a centre back. They've also picked up Nat Wedderburn who can play centre back.

I thought Ashcroft was a starter for Kilmarnock.. Quite a good signing for Dunfermline

Dunfermline have signed Lee Ashcroft who I think is a centre back. They've also picked up Nat Wedderburn who can play centre back.

Very good point actually. Completely slipped my mind that they had signed both of them.

If we could get Nade, Fleming, Bucky and Barr signed up we would have a very solid spine to build around.

It will be interesting to see who Routledge's replacement is. What about Cairney at Stranraer? Is Ryan Stevenson out of contract? Is Nicky Phinn available? Struggling to think of many centre mid options who would be a good replacement for him.

Very good point actually. Completely slipped my mind that they had signed both of them.

If we could get Nade, Fleming, Bucky and Barr signed up we would have a very solid spine to build around.

It will be interesting to see who Routledge's replacement is. What about Cairney at Stranraer? Is Ryan Stevenson out of contract? Is Nicky Phinn available? Struggling to think of many centre mid options who would be a good replacement for him.

Does Nicky Phinn exist?