Sons' sorrow

:lol: It's not even funny how much control they have over my life anymore. Hinting at signing news, boof that's my day sorted. Nae work getting done, just sat speculating and waiting for it to break.

If we are not currently on the blower to Nicky Clark, frank quitely I'll be astonished.

Stirling was one of the worst players in the worst ever Pars team. Think he'll be a good player for Dumbarton though, as you're not managed by a total fucking dinosaur.

Well our problems last year were creating chances and scoring goals and our first signings have been a striker and a creative midfielder. Haven't seen much of Stirling but he comes well rated. Looking forward to see who else we can add and hopefully we see the majority of players we've offered deals to sign up as well this week.

Just hoping he turns out better than Gibson did. Feels like a very similar signing for me, but we all know how it turned out last year. Not being pessimistic just cautious. Every player will be judged by what they do when in a sons shirt.

Gibson also came with a pretty grim reputation in terms of his attitude and was always going to be a gamble.

Great news! Is he better than Gibson?

Greenie for having a cool sig btw

Hard to compare as they both have their strengths. Stirling has outrageous feet and will skin players for fun. Watch any Stranraer highlights towards the end of last season (Dunfermline 4-1, Livingston 5-2, Ayr playoff finals) - was as good as I've seen him.

Would argue that you're getting a player in the peak of his abilities, whereas Gibson's best days are behind him, although he's a standout at League One level and still deadly from a set piece.