Sons' sorrow

So, Russell wants to sign for a F/T team, but wants to go P/T allegedly?

I wonder how that will be squared away. :blink:

It would seem that way, the guy I've heard it from may be wrong, but I'd be hugely surprised

Russell was a weird one for me. His record at this level speaks for itself and had we been able to acquire him on a sensible wage I would have had him back no bother.

The one thing that did concern me was his age. At 33 he should still have a good couple of years left in him but I was getting paranoid we blasted a big wage on someone who was starting to run out of legs. There may have been no sign of it last year but there's no knowing how he would've coped this season. Like I said, had we got him on a reasonable wage I would've been happy but I suspect he'd have been one of our top earners.

I actually think its a wise move for him dropping a division. He should be a standout in League 1.

I still canny believe Airdrie are dishing out full-time deals :lol:

2 year deal? Airdrie splashing the cash then...

I don't know if it just feels that way, but a lot of clubs seem to be tossing out two year deals. Seems a brave move, and certainly in Airdrie's case a potentially risky one.

We'll draw Airdrie in a cup. Absolutely guaranteed. 

"I can't believe it's finally happened - and I can't wait to pull the Diamond over my head for real"

Really?????

His Grandfather was an Airdrie legend, so I think he'll be genuinely proud to join them and follow in his footsteps.

Halfway through my holiday and had two Stevie leaving and Jamie signing and f all else.

I come back in three weeks. Hopefully this will be buzzing by then.

Halfway through your holiday and you've still got 3 weeks left?!  All right for some eh! :P

Anyway, you should know by now that the key is to be patient. ;)

Interview with Faz on the website really saying that we're still on track with our signings. If we'd like to get them tied up and announce them soon big guy then that'd be tremendous. Stevie's in Turkey, he doesn't have to know

Based on this it seems we will at least have to wait till the end of the week for some news but a positive is that they are confident people will re-sign.

A harmless article containing stats about Dumbarton beating eventual cup winners has appeared on the OS.

Unsurprisingly this has provoked a response on Facebook from someone who claims it's an 'embarassing statement' :lol:

I'd genuinely shut the Facebook page down. And while i'm at it I'd tell that minter to go back to statement school to teach him the basics of what a statement looks like.

A harmless article containing stats about Dumbarton beating eventual cup winners has appeared on the OS.

Unsurprisingly this has provoked a response on Facebook from someone who claims it's an 'embarassing statement' :lol:

I'd genuinely shut the Facebook page down. And while i'm at it I'd tell that minter to go back to statement school to teach him the basics of what a statement looks like.

Went to: Dumbarton Academy

*Cover photo Rangers squad*

Think that's all we need to know about that chap